Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 5:25:57 PM EDT
None of the places I can find this type of mount list the material it's made of. I have three, and all of them are polymer, is there a forged mount like this? I know tolerances can differ, so this for a PSA carry handle. TIA
A2 Carry Handle Mount
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
how about buying a rail section and drilling a hole in it for a screw?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The carry handle mount needs to be of the opposing slope of the handle itself, beyond my machining abilities.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Smith ent. Providing you're willing to spend more than $10-15.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Not that I'm a cheapskate, but 65 bucks? is this mount made of forged unobtanium?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
willing to spend more than 10-15, but 95, do I have to stick with polymer for under 50?
Quoted:
Smith ent. Providing you're willing to spend more than $10-15.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

None of the places I can find this type of mount list the material it's made of. I have three, and all of them are polymer, is there a forged mount like this? I know tolerances can differ, so this for a PSA carry handle. TIA

A2 Carry Handle Mount
View Quote

really?
John Masen
Optics Planet
Brownell's
Midway

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No Colt Carry Handle Optic?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You can have cheap, or quality.    Not both.

You would be better  off buying a stripped flat top upper and swapping everything over.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I have one if you want it, pm me.  I'm camping this weekend but I can reply sun night if your interested.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, that's not polymer...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an NcStar mount.  
A Jello mount would probably hold zero better.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's an NcStar mount.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an NcStar mount.  

Look, this is for an iron sight gun that I would like to have a RDS.  Not going to war, competition, or any upcoming zombie rallies. Gd gets the most responses, but the BS you have to wade through is unbelievable.  I don't need a 60 - 100 dollar mount for a 50 dollar RDS
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Look, this is for an iron sight gun that I would like to have a RDS.  Not going to war, competition, or any upcoming zombie rallies. Gd gets the most responses, but the BS you have to wade through is unbelievable.  I don't need a 60 - 100 dollar mount for a 50 dollar RDS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an NcStar mount.  

If it does not matter, just pretend there is a red dot floating out there somewhere.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an NcStar mount.  

A red dot that close to  your face is going to be something like 10 MOA.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems to be in your price range and not polymer:

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never seen one that was polymer, always aluminum. BSquare, Aimtech, Leupold, etc are all fine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seems to be in your price range and not polymer:

http://i.imgur.com/X0SljJG.jpg

View Quote

Tape gets shit done.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]
The NCStar isn't too bad, it's held zero with the Vortex Stikefire on my old ass 1-14 twist upper that I use strictly for .22 shooting. I wouldn't drop it or anything though.   Take the stupid side rails off first thing though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/218781/ncstar-weaver-style-ar-15-carry-handle-mount-with-tri-mount-adjustable-side-tabs-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Your only other options are DSarms and Midwest industries, both in excess of $100.  But definitely get the cantilever mount, why throw away one of the best features of an RDS (Co-Witness)?

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a B- Square

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top