Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 10:49:34 AM EDT
Professional neckbearding?

News report about Obama banning select Russian weapons, says to buy before they become unavailable.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hypers gonna hype?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Was there not an importation ban?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If Obama really did ban Russian imports, why the hell would they sell them at todays prices?

They would wait a few years and make even more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as they are not pulling a CTD/Royal tiger imports than nothing wrong with that. In these days of internet literally in the palm of your hand nobody has any excuses.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I just find it to be needless fear mongering. You can still get AKs from plenty of other countries. It's not like we can't get them at all. Personally I've never seen any benefit to a converted Saiga over a Yugo parts gun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Obama really did ban Russian imports, why the hell would they sell them at todays prices?

View Quote

I'd venture to say that most retailers can't afford to sit on product and wait for the value to increase for a few years so they can make more money.  They need to be turning product over...and yeah, certain Russian imports are effectively banned for now via sanctions that may or may not be lifted.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Professional neckbearding?

News report about Obama banning select Russian weapons, says to buy before they become unavailable.

http://<a href=http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w636/Jordan_Holdsworth/photo_zps8e344963.png</a>" />
View Quote

Those two rifles on the wall appears to be Veprs.... aka you can't get them anymore thanks to the Bans.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd venture to say that most retailers can't afford to sit on product and wait for the value to increase for a few years so they can make more money.  They need to be turning product over...and yeah, certain Russian imports are effectively banned for now via sanctions that may or may not be lifted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't get lifted.  Didn't they do the same to the Chinese shit a while ago?

In my line of work we always use the line, "Temporary always becomes permanent", this would be no exception.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In my line of work we always use the line, "Temporary always becomes permanent", this would be no exception.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I agree.  I'd be really surprised to see the sanctions against any firearms companies lifted even if Putin becomes BFF's with Zero.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they're trying to cash in on neckbeards thinking this means all AK's will dry up in a few months.  When people realize there are still plenty of Bulgarian, Romanian, etc. import AK's, prices will drop.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just find it to be needless fear mongering. You can still get AKs from plenty of other countries. It's not like we can't get them at all. Personally I've never seen any benefit to a converted Saiga over a Yugo parts gun.
View Quote

Are those particular guns not banned?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only things imported from Russia are effected.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Appears local gun shop has sound marketing strategy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only Saiga and Vepr rifles are affected by the sanctions.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah I mean I understand them wanting to move product, just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Quoted:
Appears local gun shop has sound marketing strategy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#16]
*they're

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#17]
What is the name of the shop?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
*they're

View Quote

Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Power neckbearding.

I bet they wear 5.11 and multicam velcro hats
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Power neckbearding.

View Quote
Hey, my 5.11 hoodie is warm.

And the free gloves keep me from being burned when shooting my 10.3" pistol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#21]
No the owner runs a good shop, khakis and polos for the counter staff. They just generally don't know dick about what they're selling. Mostly college kids.

Quoted:
Power neckbearding.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Molot (subsidiary of Kalashnikov concern)... so basically all of them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#23]
So does this mean my Soviet SKS will now be worth more money?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So does this mean my Soviet SKS will now be worth more money?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I think there are some businesses involved in the firearms and ammuntion retail industry who are very good at business, and the panic then ensuing drought was overall a negative for them, because they were good at managing inventory and prices in the effort to make a profit.  I think there are other businesses who were only okay or maybe even not so good at how they ran their business, and for these guys the panic was a windfall opportunity.  I would wager to guess that some of the latter group would really like to see another panic kick off soon since retail prices for many items have dropped back to near or below pre panic prices.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like these guys know their customers.

...admit it, you all are checking your bank balances/credit availiable at this very minute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top