Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 8:31:04 AM EDT
I just got into reloading shotgun shells. I have a lyman 525gr slug and to mark the hulls I created and ordered a rubber stamp design. The Staz-On solvent based ink sticks and dries to the hulls just fine. I used metallic silver as it will show up on all hull colors. Yellow was my next choice but there are some yellow hulls out there. The stamp is on a is a .5x1" stamp pad.
I have a 12ga design and the skinnier longer 20ga design. The one pictured below is 20ga design on a 12ga hull. I liked it more.
PM me with an Email address and I'll send you the two files you can upload to:

Takes 1-2 days for them to ship.
Rubber Stamps

They're $4.95-5.95 per stamp and you just upload your design to them.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to reload a LOT of 12ga before the price of lead skyrocketed and my sources of free wheel weights evaporated.  I always used a Sharpie and it lasted a long time before it became illegible.  With the amount of trap shooting I do (~4k/month), it's simply not worth the time time do it anymore.  Cheaper to buy flats.  

I like the design, though.  Pretty cool for a touch of personalization.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to reload a LOT of 12ga before the price of lead skyrocketed and my sources of free wheel weights evaporated.  I always used a Sharpie and it lasted a long time before it became illegible.  With the amount of trap shooting I do (~4k/month), it's simply not worth the time time do it anymore.  Cheaper to buy flats.  

I like the design, though.  Pretty cool for a touch of personalization.
View Quote

I wouldn't mark trap loads, just the slugs. For buckshot I simply dot it with a silver sharpie for each 0.  I mark the tops too in case they are in a sleeve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
One last bump for the night crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top