Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2014 6:08:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Guy is an idiot for mentioning killing spree.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
step 1. facebook

step 2. post about killing spree

step 3. ???

step 4. profit!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
also, free speech didn't cost him his job, being a dumb ass did
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
What does this have to do with free speech?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
FPNI.  To say that he will go on a killing spree is plain old fashion vanilla stupid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr. LaRue, if one of your employees brought discredit upon your company, would you keep that person employed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Ahh,  He's from Marlin.   That explains it.  Must be something in the  water becuaswe Marlin Pd is a source of continual Derp. .
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#11]
If any one of us had posted that we'd be getting arrested instead of losing our job. No fucks given. Besides, he'll just get hired by another department somewhere down the road.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#12]
He obviously doesn't like filthy inkies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If any one of us had posted that we'd be getting arrested instead of losing our job. No fucks given. Besides, he'll just get hired by another department somewhere down the road.
View Quote

Arrested for what?   Being an idiot?  Not illegal in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt anyone would be arrested for that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Dumb move....
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]

I've never seen that picture before.  That is hilarious.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mr. LaRue, if one of your employees brought discredit upon your company, would you keep that person employed?
View Quote

Totally different , Police officers often bring discredit to themselves and they agency they are employed by. Often they are rewarded with paid time off and promotions .  The gentleman from New York often post stories of some of the examples I am referencing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]
City policy took his freedom of speech and that was stupid to post anyway. He also forgot that all his co-workers are not his friends and they will screw you over in a half a second if they think it will benefit them in some way which is I'm sure how this story came to light.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess he got tired of seeing people get a cart full of junk food, steak, and lobster with their EBT card then drive away in their Escalade with 22 inch wheels.

Almost forgot, screen name?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh man I'm gonna have to go with "dumbass" on this one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Although I agree with him in principle, it's just not a good idea as a public servant to tell the world you're going to shoot up the FSA on grocery day if you in fact snap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terroristic threats.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd be a little uneasy if that guy were pulling me over...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Social media claims another!  You think people would learn to not post this kind of thing for all the world to see.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought the detectives were supposed to be the smart cops.....

As stated elsewhere... free speech didn't cost this numbskull his job, piss-poor judgment did.  And honestly, making decisions like that one, he has no business with a badge and a gun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#29]
This....  

Quoted:
Guy is an idiot for mentioning killing spree.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What's the charge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the charge?

Terroristic Threatening for a start.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#31]
IN before the James Yeager killing people gif
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the charge?

Not per Texas's definition.  Link
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dumbass.
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dumbass.
View Quote

Yeah, but he's right.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Was originally done by Jackass crew or Wildboys I can't remember which exactly but that's your source.  Sure you could pull up the video on youtube if you wanted to.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:02:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Dumbass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought the detectives were supposed to be the smart cops.....

As stated elsewhere... free speech didn't cost this numbskull his job, piss-poor judgment did.  And honestly, making decisions like that one, he has no business with a badge and a gun.
View Quote

Marlin has a  (iirc)   A three man dept and a bunch of reserves.  He's probably the detective because  he can use Microsoft Office.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the charge?

BZZZZTTTT!  Wrong answer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Terroristic threats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terroristic threats.

BZZXZT!!  Wrong answer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#41]
To give you guys a hint,  Marlin's  largest employer is a state prison with 350 employees.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of anyone getting arrested for making a "terroristic threat"? There was a kid here in the central Texas area who got arrested for making a similar threat in a joking manner about his school. It can happen.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Never heard of anyone getting arrested for making a "terroristic threat"? There was a kid here in the central Texas area who got arrested for making a similar threat in a joking manner about his school. It can happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow, I doubt the details of the two incidents are similar...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again,  BZZZT!  Not a terroristic threat.

Also, your "kid" was not charged or arrested for terroristic threat.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Riesel will hire him,I think they require that as a qualification there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't' my kid. Just a case I remember being similar in the sense that they both used social media to convey their desires. Don't know what the kid was arrested for but the mechanics were the same so I don't see why it's a stretch to say that if someone outside of law enforcement were to make a threat such as this that they could be arrested.

In support of my hypothesis - http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Teenager-Arrested-After-Facebook-Threats-Against-Texas-Town-267035801.html?device=phone  and http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/07/12/texas-teen-jailed-for-terroristic-threat-on-facebook-released-on-bail/
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wasn't' my kid. Just a case I remember being similar in the sense that they both used social media to convey their desires. Don't know what the kid was arrested for but the mechanics were the same so I don't see why it's a stretch to say that if someone outside of law enforcement were to make a threat such as this that they could be arrested.

In support of my hypothesis - http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Teenager-Arrested-After-Facebook-Threats-Against-Texas-Town-267035801.html?device=phone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In support of my hypothesis - http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Teenager-Arrested-After-Facebook-Threats-Against-Texas-Town-267035801.html?device=phone

Sorry, if you cannot see the difference you are hopeless.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Again,   no  you would not be arrested.

Why should he not be hired?  What did he do that was illegal?  

He's just plain stupid on a topic that falls EXACTLY in line with GD mobspeak.  Stupid people  get hired every day in every career field.  GD is proof of this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top