Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2014 4:32:17 PM EDT
Click Here!

This is the first time book two has been free!

They are only free till Aug 9th!

I love you guys!

Remember, honest reviews get posted here.

Lie your ass off on Amazon!

EDIT: Better link posted!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your books about?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah...uhh...there's a link and everything...

Earth: a nearly dead world. The deserts in what used to be the southwestern United States expand as the polar ice caps claim ever more territory. No one notices because almost no one is left. Selfishness, pride, and arrogance have destroyed this once vibrant world. For the few humans remaining, the world has stopped being about fashion, IPods, fast food, and the internet. Now it’s about survival. Surviving the elements, each other, and worse. The Veil is torn. Whatever ended the world shredded the barriers that separated Us from Them. Now, Legends and Nightmares walk among us. Some are here to save us, others are here to drag us down to Hell. The Apocalypse, the end of days, it doesn’t matter what it’s called or what broke the world. Its broken and humans are no longer in charge. Welcome to the Apocalypse!

Book 1: The Girl With No Name
In a post apocalyptic world a lone girl is ambushed under an overpass. A coyote follows her. The Boss can't wait to meet her. Read the exciting introductory short story to the series, Bedtime Tales From The Apocalypse, today.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Earth: a nearly dead world. The deserts in what used to be the southwestern United States expand as the polar ice caps claim ever more territory. No one notices because almost no one is left. Selfishness, pride, and arrogance have destroyed this once vibrant world. For the few humans remaining, the world has stopped being about fashion, IPods, fast food, and the internet. Now it’s about survival. Surviving the elements, each other, and worse. The Veil is torn. Whatever ended the world shredded the barriers that separated Us from Them. Now, Legends and Nightmares walk among us. Some are here to save us, others are here to drag us down to Hell. The Apocalypse, the end of days, it doesn’t matter what it’s called or what broke the world. Its broken and humans are no longer in charge. Welcome to the Apocalypse!

In a post apocalyptic world a lone girl is ambushed under an overpass. A coyote follows her. The Boss can't wait to meet her. Read the exciting introductory short story to the series, Bedtime Tales From The Apocalypse, today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I followed the link, scrolled 2/3 down the first page (just above what you copied and pasted) and went back to checking TN election results.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a more direct link up in the OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Q: Are you indeed homeless and on welfare, or is that the "laugh your ass off" part?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the difference between the regular version and the young adult version, toned down sex and violence?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Q: Are you indeed homeless and on welfare, or is that the "laugh your ass off" part?
View Quote

Pretty sure he and his family are living on the go in a camper/trailer, so I think it's accurate
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading these.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, MH.  I'll read 'em.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Does this mean I can get a refund on the 99 cents I spent on it last time around?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know what you are trying to say but one of our members has actually seen the RV we live in behind a decrepit house in the desert.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does this mean I can get a refund on the 99 cents I spent on it last time around?
View Quote

Luck of the draw, Pardner!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the difference between the regular version and the young adult version, toned down sex and violence?
View Quote

And language. I edited it for some young friends of mine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Approaching 250 free downloads!

I can't sell these books to save my life but I rock the shit out of a free book promotion!

#1,372 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#10 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
   #13 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian

Book 2: Aluminum Butterflies
#1,419 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
   #8 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Got it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, I'll read them and review them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I think amazon only updates their ratings every hour.

Ive been hitting F5 like a basement dwelling virgin neckbeard Arcommer in a thread that mentioned a wife or GF trying to watch my rating go up.

My finger hurts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Read book 1 and 2. I think this would make a kick ass web series. I'd like to direct it. Also just bought and paid for book 3
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#24]
You are in my reading queue, though I should advise you that I have a Neal Stephenson book and a few others in front of you on the list, and school is starting back up.  Could be a while...  :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Just got both, short length meant to be like a continuing series?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll read anything that's free at least once!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. They get longer too. Book 3 is about twice as long as 1 and 2 combined. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and exhausted. Tomorrow I'll finish it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Read book 1 and 2. I think this would make a kick ass web series. I'd like to direct it. Also just bought and paid for book 3
View Quote

That's what I thought! Or a TV show. I write it deliberately spartan and free of sensational special effects because I want it to be ultra reality based.
As real as I can get it, but with paranormal stuff.
After the end of the world.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yup. They get longer too. Book 3 is about twice as long as 1 and 2 combined. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and exhausted. Tomorrow I'll finish it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WARNING: QUOTE TREE

It is a series called Bedtime Tales From The Apocalypse. Basically a serialized novel.
There will be six books in this series, then the novelization.

Unless the publisher picks it up and wants to just release it as a novel.

I will still secretly release the books here because I have a commitment to Arfcom and all those that have purchased my books.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#30]
The publisher does not have a bargain line yet. I know alot of amateur authors that write very well. I am going to try to convince them to keep my books as .99 cent serials to fill that niche, and maybe pick up a few friend's work as well.

Once you read quality for .99 cents you are more likely to drop 2.99 or 3.99 on a longer ebook from the same publisher or author.

*Snaps fingers rapidly* Hey, AADD, over here... yeah, I'm still talking.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Downloaded. I will read and review them for you on amazon, so hopefully you can sell more! Thanks. I hope they start selling well for you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you to all who downloaded!

Tomorrow is the last day of the free promotion!

There is no one famous in the top ten in my categories this time, but last time my books topped Stephen King and Terry Brooks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
In the third book you can definitely see arfcom influences. This is the last free download day. So far I have about 600 free downloads and six sales. I got as high as #4 in a category.
In the fourth book im actually using information from the survival forum to solve a very important water issue that confronts the characters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top