Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/3/2014 12:14:46 PM EDT
So I took a ride into Manhattan today with my wife and three young children. Along the way I had 2 scroungy individuals aggressively attempt to squeegee my car as I approached the Third Avenue Bridge, and a Nice African American crossdresser/tranny/he-she/whatever stripped almost naked and proceeded to wipe his/her/it's ass with a shirt in broad daylight, right next to the FDR Drive. This all happened within 2 minutes of each other.

Also lately driving on I-87 past Yankee Stadium there are ghetto denizens actually walking on the highway and between cars when there is any traffic, selling bottles of water to commuters driving past on the Interstate. Really third world to see, almost shocking.

Shit is going downhill fast in NYC, and with the anti-cop rhetoric getting ratcheted up lately enforcement is going to plummet as guys don't want to get in trouble.

Some hipsters/liberals are in for a treat as shit falls apart. The whining will be epic.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
haven't been to the shit hole known as NYC or its borough's in about 8 years and don't see how anyone could fucking live there
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
good
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good
View Quote

Let it spiral in. They asked for it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
haven't been to the shit hole known as NYC or its borough's in about 8 years and don't see how anyone could fucking live there
View Quote

Concur brother, but it's where the money is.

I currently live in Westchester County but the wife and I are in the final stages on making a more significant (distant) move.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No. They wont whine, they will escape and come to poison an all American town near you and then bitch how your town is not as cool as NYC is/was.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some hipsters/liberals are in for a treat as shit falls apart. The whining will be epic.
No. They wont whine, they will escape and come to poison an all American town near you and then bitch how your town is not as cool as NYC is/was.

It's like political/social Ebola. They should all be quarantined.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

They will watch as their "ideals" destroy where they live, then move somewhere else and repeat the cycle.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a craphole for certain....

DeBlasio and his liberal friends will make it worse.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep !!! this is what's happening to Va ....  
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
What a great place to be FROM.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Old New York is back!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Old New York is back!
View Quote

This was my point, back with a vengeance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never visited NYC and I never will.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Last Thanksgiving the daughter of my dad's common law wife invited her coworker to dinner.  He is a guy in his 20's who grew up in Manhattan, in a building across the street from the UN.  

Surprisingly, he didn't have a bad word about Anchorage.  He left NYC because it was unlivable there between the rent, prices, taxes and traffic for someone just starting out.  It was so strange to hear that perspective because I silently complain to myself about how high the rent is in Anchorage and how bad the traffic is here.  You expect New Yorkers to complain and how everything sucks outside of New York, but he thinks Anchorage is great.  He was all like "The rents are so cheap here!  There's no traffic!  Everyone is so nice! There's no sales or income tax!"

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shit is going downhill fast in NYC......
View Quote

That shit was happening everyday in my precinct on Atlantic Ave during Rudy and Bloomy's term.
I did enjoy the news article the other day that said stops are down 94% though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
NYC was a shithole in the 70s, looks like it is on it's way back there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That shit was happening everyday in my precinct on Atlantic Ave during Rudy and Bloomy's term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit is going downhill fast in NYC......

These kids would be crazy to toss anybody out there now, regardless of the pressure undoubtedly being put on them by coward Sgts/Lts.

The squeegee guy is something I've been waiting to see a return of, it's almost like they know the cops aren't going to do shit. God knows if I got the job I would 90X it as I drove right past him. Fuck that noise.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
it would make my day if NYC imploded.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Actually Bratton under DeBlasio is cracking down heavily on these types of "quality of life" crime.  it seems he's a student of the broken windows theory.  We'll see if it pans out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#26]
deblasio is going to be a one term mayor..lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
deblasio is going to be a one term mayor..lol
View Quote

no he won't

he may be mayor for life.

drive out the middle class (what is left) and bribe the poor.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The squeegee guy is something I've been waiting to see a return of.....
View Quote

I remember once as a kid I was at a Sunday matinee show at CBGB and watched a off-duty cop drag a squeegee guy off his car on the Bowery with a S&W 5 shot pressed to the bum's temple.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Actually Bratton under DeBlasio is cracking down heavily on these types of "quality of life" crime.  it seems he's a student of the broken windows theory.  We'll see if it pans out.
View Quote

Bratton really isn't cracking down on anything. They've been going after stuff like that since '94 when he first ran the PD. It's nothing new, have the rookies write quality of life offense tickets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Ahh yes, NYC returning back to the bad old days of the 70s..

I grew up there in the 70s and then we moved to Westchester  (Tarrytown actually) in the 80s, as NYC got worse. Moved back in 1984 when I went to college in the Bronx.. they are in for a real treat if it goes back to how bad it was back then.  I remember the "outrage" over the squeegee guys back then in the 80s lol

I left it all in 96 and am happy in Nevada far far away
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#32]
They are winning.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Yesterday in downtown Philly around the Hard Rock didn't look much better. Skeevy people all about

Hotel clerk told me their moonbats want to deep six the carraige rides there too due to animal cruelty.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#35]
The last time I visited NYC was when Radio Row was still in existence, and I intend to keep it that way.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep.

And next time some numb-nutted nimrod in GD says "Florida Wins Again!"

You'll know exactly what/why we're having to deal with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

They will watch as their "ideals" destroy where they live, then move somewhere else and repeat the cycle.

Yep.

And next time some numb-nutted nimrod in GD says "Florida Wins Again!"

You'll know exactly what/why we're having to deal with.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

... with my wife

View Quote

... Well?

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

People who commit QOL type crimes resist just as much or more than everyone else. Bratton and DeBlasio can study whatever theories they like, but those cops are gonna get gun shy pretty damn quick if DeBlasio keeps blowing Sharpton et al. the way he has been doing.

Cops don't give a fuck about "Broken Windows". They do however give a fuck about not getting indicted. You can't have it both ways and DeBlasio is about to figure that out.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

... Well?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... with my wife

... Well?

She'll kick my ass bruh. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I lived in the state for 40 years and never felt the desire to visit that shithole. Now it looks as if they are exerting control over the rest of it. Fuck NY it's a lost cause.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's happening up and down the southeast and southwest. All of the warm states are being filled with New Yorkers and north-easterners in general. They're fleeing but bringing their shitty ideas and politics with them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's happening up and down the southeast and southwest. All of the warm states are being filled with New Yorkers and north-easterners in general. They're fleeing but bringing their shitty ideas and politics with them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People who commit QOL type crimes resist just as much or more than everyone else. Bratton and DeBlasio can study whatever theories they like, but those cops are gonna get gun shy pretty damn quick if DeBlasio keeps blowing Sharpton et al. the way he has been doing.
View Quote

I just hope he gives the cops a good raise for 2011 and 2012. Daddy needs some retro to bump up his pension check every month.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I stepped in human shit last week.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I currently live in Westchester County but the wife and I are in the final stages on making a more significant (distant) move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you hate spiders, Avoid So Cal we already have one arachnophobic refugee from New York and he really filled up that whole quota by himself.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Cops don't give a fuck about "Broken Windows". They do however give a fuck about not getting indicted. You can't have it both ways and DeBlasio is about to figure that out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect that nobody is going to get busted for selling black market cigs for a long time now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, Brooklyn got gentrified into Hipsterville during Giuliani and Bloomberg's rein, and now that they're in there, they elected DiBlasio.

Just wait. This is going to be a hot mess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#50]
my only child, a wonderful woman lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan. I told her stories about how it was in the 70's when I worked for a bar band that used to do gigs there. the people craping on the street, cops watching drug dealers selling dime bags of heroin, the hookers.etc, I think she is going to see the return of that

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top