Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2001 1:30:47 PM EDT
We may disagree on a few points here, particularly religion, but you guys give me hope that our nation isn't doomed.

You are trying to raise your children with morals and values.

You take them to the range and teach them to shoot.

You believe in personal responsibility.

You DON'T believe that gov't has the answers - you more believe it is the problem.

You don't dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand.

You are free thinkers, who can think outside the box. I don't care how much I may disagree with someone. If I believe they are able to think for themselves, just THINK in general, we'll find SOME area of agreement.

You're pro gun.

You hate Rosie and love America.

All in all, you're my kind of people.

And I'll keep workin on ya re: the religion stuff  [:D]

Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The word "religion" is too restrictive......the fact is that there are more persons of "faith" on this chanell than care to admit......(i will admit)......[heavy].......and yes,our nation is NOT doomed!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have great hope for America, but...

Originally Posted By black&green:
and yes,our nation is NOT doomed!!!!!
View Quote

Our Great Nation will one day fall. Or, more likely make a Fundamentally Great Change.

Can you name ONE nation or empire on earth which still exists AND has it's original form of Govt?  No? That's right, all nations, all empires fall... Rome, France, Britain, Nazi Germany, China...

I think the best we can hope for is that when America no longer is the America WE know and love, that somewhere on Earth, a "new" revolution for independence and freedom and liberty will prevail.

Like some great man said: (paraphrased badly) "Each generation must shed some blood for liberty." (told you it was badly paraphrased)  Well, don't you think that sooner or later, one or more of our generations will NOT 'shed blood' for liberty?  And our freedoms and liberties will all peacefully disappear, for the 'greater good' or 'for the children'.

But I don't see the end of America yet...
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]
O K Rogue.....my question to you would be when?....but you express doubt at the end of your post, and yes, historicaly speaking what you say is possibly correct.....but my answer to you is NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES!!!!![rocket]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
[:)]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
garandman,

I can think of many people who share your religion who wish to take every gun owner right you and the rest of us have.
 I am thankful that YOU aren't one of those people. [:)]
 I may not be religious, but I have great faith in many other things, especially the triumph of good men who stand up for their freedoms.

Semper Fidelis
(always faithful)

Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
O K Rogue.....my question to you would be when?.........but my answer to you is NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES!!!!![rocket]
View Quote

No no, not in our lifetimes. If anything, I'm beginning to see some hope of America 'healing' from the immoralities brought about since the 60's.  I was just trying to wake people up to the fact that it will happen, someday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
garandman, I think you are our sort of people to. And even though I'm not the religious type and do not like bein' preached at if someone where to "witness" to me I'd prefer it be someone such as yourself.

Gunslinger
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you see that HBO special on Faith Healers?
Benny Hinn, and some other cat.
I only saw a bit at the beggining but it looked like typical HBO no holds barred expose.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]
5000 AR15.com'ers.
9,000,000 Daily viewing audience, Rosie-O

Dude, were losing. Bad.
Hate to say it, but I am a member of the "next in line" generation, and here is my report from the front lines.

When we rise to power, your guns are gone.
The end.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, maybe - but I take some hope from the fact that the 9,000,000 Rosie-O fans' asses are too large to rise up and do anything but grab another bag of Oreos...and in the unlikely event they do manage to waddle into a voting booth, they're too dang ig'nunt to figure out how to use a ballot.

I think we're safe for a while, but always remember that 'eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.'
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
LUV.....besides...they don`t know what a "assault rifle" really looks like.....maybe when (if) hubby comes home, he will tell them......[rocket]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
"When we rise to power, your guns are gone."

Interesting take on the progression of events.  You assume we will just "hand them over" peacefully.  Incorrect.

When "you rise to power", bring friends when you come for the guns.  Not all of you that take on that task will come home.  We will see who has the stronger beliefs in that contest.

"The end." (Indeed, just not the way you would like to believe.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Don`t worry guys.....when it`s all over, martha stewart will bake us a cake.....[beer]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

[[B]Interesting take on the progression of events.  You assume we will just "hand them over" peacefully.  Incorrect.[/B]
Yep. You will. "YOU", platform389 may not, but the majority of peacable Americans and thier color TV, air conditioning, and McDonalds, will.

[B]When "you rise to power", bring friends when you come for the guns.  Not all of you that take on that task will come home.  We will see who has the stronger beliefs in that contest.[/B]
You don't get it. I'm with you on this. I am just telling you that the hordes of my peers that make up "my generation" aren't, and you will one day have to back up all that "cold, dead hands" talk.

"The end." (Indeed, just not the way you would like to believe.)

Well see. I guess i'm just a realist. I mean, where is the line in the sand?
Cold, dead hands is a mighty big step to take for a bunch of guys shoting Semi-Auto weapons, designed to be fully automatic, but are semi because of a US law that they submit to.
Or a bunch of guys who argue the merits of "Pre-Ban vs Post Ban" because the law tells them to.
Sorry, If the guys here submit to an innane law like 922r, you can bet they will when they have to face a REAL conciquence for thier gun ownership.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I love coming to gun boards because everyone on them hates Gore, the Clintonistas, and their ilk.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Don`t worry guys.....when it`s all over, martha stewart will bake us a cake.....[beer]
View Quote

So. When is K-Mart going to start having the blue-light special on the Martha Stewart line of AR-15s.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#18]
 There is hope for freedom, although i think that the USA wiil end up Balkanizing first.  You from the large cities, (99% of population) don't realize the attitude of the rural folks.  We may be only 1% of the population, but the American Revolution was WON by 3% of the population.  McUzi you're right, the majority of the population will watch on their TV, They won't help us, but they won't help the other side either.  God bless the Republic!
             Death to the New World Order!
             We shall prevail!
 (Our Heavenly Father says so!!)
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#19]
God forgive us, long live the AR15! Thats all I gotta say. And the fact that if gun owners don't ban together we are going to be gunless. [BD]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Black.....i like it.....maybe we should work on that.........[shotgun]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Well see. I guess i'm just a realist. I mean, where is the line in the sand?
Cold, dead hands is a mighty big step to take for a bunch of guys shoting Semi-Auto weapons, designed to be fully automatic, but are semi because of a US law that they submit to.
View Quote

"Bad boy, bad boy, whatchyagonna do when they come for you?"

Garandman, basically agree with you, but you can save the Jesus shouting for someone who wants to hear it. Only thing that Karl Marx ever said that I agree with is "Religion is the opiate of the masses". But, hey, if it makes you feel good, go for it. As long as you're a gun man, you're ok in my book.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Someday, America will fall.  It will join the Great Commonweath of United Nations.  The U.S. dollar will be gone and we will use a new currency the "e Global".  Cash will be outlawed and all transactions will be electronic and monitored by government computers. The U.S. Constitution will be discarded as having outlived its usefulness and irrelevant for a modern society.  All non-government guns will be confiscated "for our own good".  The sheeple will think they are in the dawn of a new era of peace and prosperity.

With taxes at 90%, some unforseen events will cause global economic collapse.  Blue helmet wearing "peacekeepers" will replace local police.  They will be needed to stop the food riots.  The Blue Troops will have electronic armor impervious to traditional weapons.  They will carry beam phaser pulse rifles capable of non-lethal and lethal operation.  An evil dictator will use bribery and blackmail to take charge of "The World Assembly".  He will literally rule the world.

I do have hope.  My hope is that I will pass on before this all takes place.

----------------------
Surrender your guns now, and avoid the shame of having them confiscated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]
mejames, you have a truly vivid imagination. you should write horror novels.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[[Well see. I guess i'm just a realist. I mean, where is the line in the sand?
Or a bunch of guys who argue the merits of "Pre-Ban vs Post Ban" because the law tells them to.
Sorry, If the guys here submit to an innane law like 922r, you can bet they will when they have to face a REAL conciquence for thier gun ownership.
View Quote

You don't get out much and talk to people, do you?

I do. And if people around here (behind enemy lines in the Peoples Republic of Connecticut) are any indication, you are very very wrong.

We may, on the surface, obey their silly laws, but there's a whole lot of disobeying going on that not many people get to see.

And there is a factor that most people don't realize. There are hundreds, if not thousands of well equiped home based machine shops run by patriotic military veterans across this country that can turn out some serious weaponry if the need should arise. These people have the knowledge to create things like auto sears, lighning links, ordnance for mortars, grenade launchers, and even land mines. They can make exploding big bore bullets, cannon, bazookas, you name it.

Add to that the intense amount of pilferage going on at National Guard Armories, and you can plainly see that there will be more than enough firepower when the time comes.

And for every one of us that publicly expresses his intentions, there are 100 that are quietly preparing for the day when they may be called upon to defend our liberty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Critter.....safe to say....millions...[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd just like to say Nevada Gun laws are real easy going, you should all move here.  I got some great land out in Fallon with a nice drilled well. [;)]

(now to explain the Fallon joke.  Alot of Fallon wells are contaminated with radioactive uranium.  They think it's why all those poor children have loukeymea <- Spelled Fonetiklee. )  But I guess any sorta inside joke on stupid wells in Fallon really isn't going to interest you, so I'm going to delete it.   Oh darn, I already hit send.  Sorry, just deal with it.

NSF
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Rogue, I believe the following is the quote you butchered. Much more effective in it's no-hacked state.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?  Let them take arms...  What signify a few lives lost in a century or two?  The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Rogue Star:
Well, don't you think that sooner or later, one or more of our generations will NOT 'shed blood' for liberty?  And our freedoms and liberties will all peacefully disappear, for the 'greater good' or 'for the children'..
View Quote

i can tell you this, it wont be in my generation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

you have a good point there, i wont say how but i will say that i dont fall into this category.......
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#30]
We submit to reasonable laws.  Personally, I will obey the law to the extent that it makes sense.  Not being able to own full auto's is areasonable compromise to them taking my guns altogether.  Besides, they are of little practicle use because most of the ammo never hits it's target.  I'd take a semi into combat before an auto.

NOW, when (yes I said when) they ask us to register our guns, I won't.  NEVER. That is the first step to collecting them for meltdown.  If it ever comes to that we are in deep sh*t.  It could happen because the original constitution was ammended for drugs.

On the religion thing, it is suprising to see how many of you out there are not religious. I wonder how many of you are 5 percenters like I am (those that don't believe).  Is there a correlation between gun owners and those who don't believe?
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Ahh, and David F150 has uttered something which needs to be addressed. He says that he and others like submit to "reasonable" laws about guns and gun ownership.

Herein lies the problem that us bleed for freedom types are raving about. There is NO SUCH THING AS A REASONABLE LAW CONCERNING GUNS. Eaach and every infringement is unconstitutional, but even more--it is designed to facilitate your enslavement or death. WHat's reasonable about that?

This not being allowed full autos being acceptable versus no gund altogether is bullshit. That is essentially saying, my master wants me dead, but if I accept certain terms, at least he won't kill me today. Words simply do not possess the ability to express how this outrages, and disgusts us freedom or death types.

The problem is that DavidF150 and others like him don't see the fatal error in their logic.

If a politician isn't perfectly comfortable with the idea of his average constituent, any man, woman, or responsible child, walking into a hardware store and paying cash -- for any rifle,
shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything --without producing ID or signing one scrap of paper, he isn't your friend no matter what he tells you."  --L. Neil Smith

Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's    purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." Louis D. Brandeis
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#32]
DJBump, your right, and your wrong.  I don't pretend to like the law but I will obide.  Let's examine why it was passed.  It was passed because the police felt outgunned by the mobsters.  Now I don't love being outgunned by the police, but I recognize why we have police and I feel we need them to be very well armed.  I don't consider a full auto well armed, but they do.  You are right that it is a stepping stone to total gun control.  I'm going to be one of the loudest against further control since I own 13 myself including two assualt rifles (Al Gore eat your heart out).  

Now I don't know if you (or others) are one of the dummies that continue to vote party lines or incumbants just because they are there.  That's what is going to get us an anti-gun society.   If you want to make a difference then we Americans need to stop doing that and really take the time to research a candidates background, not what he says in an election.  What the heck happened to independant thinkers?  You get what you put up with.  Clinton is a perfect example of a POS.  He was a POS before, during and after his first term and people still voted for him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I do. And if people around here (behind enemy lines in the Peoples Republic of Connecticut) are any indication, you are very very wrong.

We may, on the surface, obey their silly laws, but there's a whole lot of disobeying going on that not many people get to see.

And there is a factor that most people don't realize. There are hundreds, if not thousands of well equiped home based machine shops run by patriotic military veterans across this country that can turn out some serious weaponry if the need should arise. These people have the knowledge to create things like auto sears, lighning links, ordnance for mortars, grenade launchers, and even land mines. They can make exploding big bore bullets, cannon, bazookas, you name it.

Add to that the intense amount of pilferage going on at National Guard Armories, and you can plainly see that there will be more than enough firepower when the time comes.

And for every one of us that publicly expresses his intentions, there are 100 that are quietly preparing for the day when they may be called upon to defend our liberty.
View Quote

Dude, please understand that you and I are in 100% agreement on this. But, we are both "gun nuts". Chances are, your average AR15 owner isn't a hard core gun enthusiast. They are just a guy who owns an AR for whatever reason.

I see 'em at the range all the time.
They have no interest in things like barrel twists, bullet grain, or RKBA.

They just like to shoot.

And T_H_O_S_E are the people I am talking about.
The MAJORITY.

They will hand over thier guns because they aren't as important to them as they are to you or me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, please understand that you and I are in 100% agreement on this. But, we are both "gun nuts". Chances are, your average AR15 owner isn't a hard core gun enthusiast. They are just a guy who owns an AR for whatever reason.

I see 'em at the range all the time.
They have no interest in things like barrel twists, bullet grain, or RKBA.

They just like to shoot.

And T_H_O_S_E are the people I am talking about.
The MAJORITY.

They will hand over thier guns because they aren't as important to them as they are to you or me.
View Quote

McUZI has a very good point.  Here in "the free state", these type of people (the majority as McUZI calls them) outnumber freedom lovers like you and I ten to one.  I fear the day when we have to fight...mainly because I have not a damn clue how many would be on my side.  

Really think about it...would you put all life's commodities at risk, your freedom from prison, your home, maybe even family, to fight "the second revolution"?  I tell you what, that day may be closer than you think.  If all the U.N. stuff going on that the NRA is talking about is true (and I'm sure it is), we might have a problem.  I can tell you guys one thing, the U.N. better [i]not even[/i] fuck with my rights...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top