Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2001 11:51:37 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good handheld GPS for those times when I take my truck off-road and get myself hopelessly lost in the desert. . .
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Most all the GPS's these days will work I like my Magellen and would buy the new Garmin in a heartbeat if I needed another one. The main thing is learn how to use it no matter which one you get I have friends that have them that can hardley turn them on. I sat down a learned every aspect of mine before I took it to the field. Alaska is too unforgiving to play around.

Two important points:

1) Also learn how to use a compass (mine is attacthed to my GPS).

2) If you don't take my advice and fail to learn how to use the GPS you get. Make sure to throw it in a creek before the SAR Chopper picks you up and don't tell them you ever had it.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a bunch.

[url]http://www.thegpsstore.com/site/[/url]

I like Garmins.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This guy has great prices and service:

[url]www.advancedgps.com[/url]

I got the Garmin Camo etrex and it rocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top