Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/20/2014 5:00:15 PM EDT
Do not put the item number in the description.

Paypal has apparently started to Google numbers written in the description. If you Google a Gunbroker item number, Gunbroker will pop up almost immediately.

Oh, and when the seller says if you must use Paypal, "I'll send you an invoice", and "Paypal is anti-gun, so the description has to be completely blank", don't go ahead and write the item number in the description anyways.

Sellers aren't retarded, it's not hard to cross reference that Billy McGee bought something for $152.95 on GB and one Mr. Billy McGee sent $152.95 through Paypal.

Now I get to wait 180 days for Paypal to release my money, luckily I only had $179 in the account at the moment.

Fuck Paypal, I don't get why lots of people still insist upon using them to pay for Gun stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Paypal has apparently started to Google numbers written in the description. If you Google a Gunbroker item number, Gunbroker will pop up almost immediately.

Oh, and when the seller says if you must use Paypal, "I'll send you an invoice", and "Paypal is anti-gun, so the description has to be completely blank", don't go ahead and write the item number in the description anyways.

Sellers aren't retarded, it's not hard to cross reference that Billy McGee bought something for $152.95 on GB and one Mr. Billy McGee sent $152.95 through Paypal.

Now I get to wait 180 days for Paypal to release my money, luckily I only had $179 in the account at the moment.

Fuck Paypal, I don't get why lots of people still insist upon using them to pay for Gun stuff.
View Quote

Because at this time there's nothing else quick and easy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The amount of gun people willing to support an anti-gun company always amazed me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a credit card processor linked to Gunbroker, so it's actually easier than using Paypal. You click a link through Gunbroker and punch in your CC, and done. But yes, I guess if the seller isn't set up for credit cards. I should have said, since I have a CC processor, I don't understand why.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their company, their rules.

Because freedom.  Because 'murcia!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The amount of gun people willing to support an anti-gun company always amazed me.
View Quote

It shouldn't.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, this. I prefer it, but hate to use it. I know some people say that if their account gets locked, they won't ship until it's unlocked

ETA: I'm generally speaking about our EE though
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It shouldn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It shouldn't.

For them, the value of money a few dollars far exceeds the value of their convictions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a credit card processor linked to Paypal
, so it's actually easier than using Paypal. You click a link through Gunbroker and punch in your CC, and done. But yes, I guess if the seller isn't set up for credit cards. I should have said, since I have a CC processor, I don't understand why.
View Quote

How do you do this?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

And yet, they people that boycott paypal pay taxes to a anti gun Gov't, buy food from companies that are anti-gun, buy cars from anti-gun companies, etc... I could go on..... That ignores other moral conflicts like supporting gay marriage, paying for abortions, etc.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How do you do this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a credit card processor linked to Paypal, so it's actually easier than using Paypal. You click a link through Gunbroker and punch in your CC, and done. But yes, I guess if the seller isn't set up for credit cards. I should have said, since I have a CC processor, I don't understand why.

How do you do this?

Lol, oops, should have said linked to Gunbroker, not Paypal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Are they really anti-gun or are they bound by the laws (CA) in which they operate?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm on the road 6+ months of the year.  If they don't take CC or PayPal, I'm not buying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a credit card?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer to use bitcoin. Cheap and you aren't supporting PayPal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a credit card processor linked to Gunbroker, so it's actually easier than using Paypal. You click a link through Gunbroker and punch in your CC, and done. But yes, I guess if the seller isn't set up for credit cards. I should have said, since I have a CC processor, I don't understand why.
View Quote

Huh?  I bought a 227 on GB last week and just clicked on the seller's CC link.

Seller on GB won't take a CC, I don't buy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#17]
wtf. You havnt called paypal and told them to give you your money?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people aren't like OP - 98% of the people selling in the EE don't have a credit card processor ready to go for their buyers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
fuck paypal
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's in the small print that they're allowed to hold it if you proceed with using them
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most people aren't like OP - 98% of the people selling in the EE don't have a credit card processor ready to go for their buyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not talking about EE, talking about GB.

As for EE, if the seller has the capability to process a CC, I will use that.  Otherwise, will send a USPS MO or if I am selling, I will accept a USPS MO.

I don't use paypal both for political reasons and some of the stories I have heard, just like the one in OP.

I don't give anyone access to any account, ever.

So, right back at ya.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

I had a buyer type in the GB#number in his title and some girl at paypal actually knew what "GB" meant and looked it up. She nailed me for selling an upper, I was pissed at the buyer and told him to send it "discreet" and he went ahead and typed the number anyways. The people at paypal are getting smart with searching item numbers. Be careful..

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck paypal

I refuse to make a purchase with paypal , or accept it as payment
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not going to waste my time, just going to wait it out. Back in 2006, I sold $1500 of stuff that was not gun related. They sat on my money for several months, I was in college and needed the money, I was on the phone with them for hours every single day. It was ridiculous, I had sold a bunch of stuff that I had owned since I was a kid, they wanted everything under the sun related to the Ebay sales, even the original receipts from when I purchased the stuff.

Quoted:

I had a buyer type in the GB#number in his title and some girl at paypal actually knew what "GB" meant and looked it up. She nailed me for selling an upper, I was pissed at the buyer and told him to send it "discreet" and he went ahead and typed the number anyways. The people at paypal are getting smart with searching item numbers. Be careful..

I'm actually pretty shocked that they're going through the trouble to search us out. The 2 transactions they got me on, the buyers didn't even put GB. I figured they were just giving in to anti-gunners by stating they don't allow gun transactions, but for them to start searching out numbers in the descriptions, it's crazy.

GB has to has to be flush with fucking cash, why don't they start their own non-fraudulent GunPay?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Paypal for non-gun stuff on ebay or buying and selling car stuff.  I've always used USPS money orders for firearms. Couple of days in the mail hasn't killed me yet and it's private.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not going to waste my time, just going to wait it out. Back in 2006, I sold $1500 of stuff that was not gun related. They sat on my money for several months, I was in college and needed the money, I was on the phone with them for hours every single day. It was ridiculous, I had sold a bunch of stuff that I had owned since I was a kid, they wanted everything under the sun related to the Ebay sales, even the original receipts from when I purchased the stuff.

I'm actually pretty shocked that they're going through the trouble to search us out. The 2 transactions they got me on, the buyers didn't even put GB. I figured they were just giving in to anti-gunners by stating they don't allow gun transactions, but for them to start searching out numbers in the descriptions, it's crazy.

GB has to has to be flush with fucking cash, why don't they start their own non-fraudulent GunPay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im in the same boat as you. Im a GB seller and was threatened by paypal when I sold reloading components on there (they were going to steal about $700 I had in the account for selling projectiles...not even live ammo). I use the processor as well for CC payments. Payment Alliance Intl.....ill plug them for not being afraid to take GB payments.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Paypal for non-gun stuff on ebay or buying and selling car stuff.  I've always used USPS money orders for firearms. Couple of days in the mail hasn't killed me yet and it's private.
View Quote

My problem with that is I'm 20 miles from the post office. And there's no way I will drive that far for a $20 RVG. We really need to get something pro gun.

Don't you guys think ARF staff and members could come up with a new website that is just as easy as paypal?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Im in the same boat as you. Im a GB seller and was threatened by paypal when I sold reloading components on there (they were going to steal about $700 I had in the account for selling projectiles...not even live ammo). I use the processor as well for CC payments. Payment Alliance Intl.....ill plug them for not being afraid to take GB payments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And then I'll bitch about Payment Alliance. They sat on six figures of mine for 4 months during the panic, then told me to FOAD after they released the funds. Took them 3 weeks to send a letter even stating they were holding the funds from when they started the hold. They really fucked a lot of gun companies during the panic and should get slapped with a class action lawsuit.

I batted around the circle of CC processors that allow gun-related transaction, the rest have scammy hidden fees, so they end up charging 4%+. I ended up back with Payment Alliance.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I think paypal was pushed to do this by the feds.  It's gonna get harder and harder to do non-cash transactions for guns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never had a problem with Paypal, while most of the time its discreet, like EE items, I've used it to pay for gun stuff off of Ebay before and they never said anything.

Maybe they just don't like Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#31]
So what was the item Op?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what was the item Op?
View Quote

meh
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And then I'll bitch about Payment Alliance. They sat on six figures of mine for 4 months during the panic, then told me to FOAD after they released the funds. Took them 3 weeks to send a letter even stating they were holding the funds from when they started the hold. They really fucked a lot of gun companies during the panic and should get slapped with a class action lawsuit.

I batted around the circle of CC processors that allow gun-related transaction, the rest have scammy hidden fees, so they end up charging 4%+. I ended up back with Payment Alliance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. I was with them during the panic and they didnt do anything like that.....had a LOT of transactions. What was their excuse and why did they hold it? I had about $30,000 go through them during that same period.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

As for EE, if the seller has the capability to process a CC, I will use that.  Otherwise, will send a USPS MO or if I am selling, I will accept a USPS MO.

I don't use paypal both for political reasons and some of the stories I have heard, just like the one in OP.

So, right back at ya.
View Quote

The original quote I responded to was "Fuck Paypal, I don't get why lots of people still insist upon using them to pay for Gun stuff."

That's not just GB
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not really sure who the stupid one is... the buyer than wants to use it, or the seller that continues to take it and complain about it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The original quote I responded to was "Fuck Paypal, I don't get why lots of people still insist upon using them to pay for Gun stuff."

That's not just GB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, right back at ya.

That's not just GB

The OP said nothing about EE and was all about paypal and GB.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Those who read and understand the PayPal terms of service, stop using PayPal.

Bring an attorney.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

They did that to me in 2009. I had to send them a promise that it would never happen again, and remove any reference to PayPal from my Gunbroker auctions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wow. I was with them during the panic and they didnt do anything like that.....had a LOT of transactions. What was their excuse and why did they hold it? I had about $30,000 go through them during that same period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Too much cash money, said I wasn't approved for that much, although they couldn't really give me a number for what I was actually approved for. They picked a sample of transactions for me to confirm shipments, gave them the tracking numbers, still gave me the run around. Wanted financial statements for 2012, then wanted financial statements for the first quarter of 2013. Gave them everything, then they pretty much said fuck it, here's your money, go find another processor.

The way I understand it, there is a lag when they get the cash from the credit card companies, I think they just didn't have the cash for the volume of gun industry sales and were stalling at every opportunity. I've been doing roughly the same sales as I did during the panic and they haven't done anything again....yet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are they really anti-gun or are they bound by the laws (CA) in which they operate?
View Quote

If no California gun companies could accept credit cards I would believe that. Otherwise, it's a pretty pathetic attempt at damage control from an alleged PayPal employee that used to post here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not really sure who the stupid one is... the buyer than wants to use it, or the seller that continues to take it and complain about it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giving the people what they want, the basic premise of operating a business in a capitalist market.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can buy an NRA membership with Paypal.

Curious that huh?

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
google wallet.. its free, no anti gun use

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This should become our preferred method. Fuck paypal.

Just open up a coinbase account and start buying some or acquire them through other means.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Giving the people what they want, the basic premise of operating a business in a capitalist market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the people want?

No guns or parts can be bought with them.  Do you like having to sneak around them?

They will hold your money and you can do nothing about it.

That's what the people want?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just open up a coinbase account and start buying some or acquire them through other means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd take monopoly money first. Call me in 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What the people want?

No guns or parts can be bought with them.  Do you like having to sneak around them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the people want?

Yes, that's what they wanted. Some people insist upon using Paypal, either they think it provides extra protection or they were too lazy to grab their CC, but could remember their Paypal ID. Maybe they didn't have a CC or debit card, but could use Paypal with their banks. Don't know why, but they insisted upon paying with Paypal, so I took it. I did not like sneaking around them, and that's how people wanted to pay. Sent a long anti-Paypal rant with payment instructions, they always responded they knew, but it was just easiest for them.

Not about what I want, I want to sell my shit for $5 million cash and retire, gotta give the buyers what they want.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're from Omaha.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except monopoly is a bit hard to exchange, whereas with coinbase you can move USD from your bank account to your bitcoin wallet, then immediately send it to the recipient.  The recipient can immediately trade it back for USD and have it in his account.  Total time - a couple minutes or however long the receiver wants to sit on it in BTC.  You don't need long term faith in the system, just an account set up for quck transfers of monetary value.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#50]
All that and PayPal does not seem to have a problem with someone using their PayPal debit card to buy guns, etc.. Quite OK by me but there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.  Paying directly via PayPal is not OK but using the debit card to spend money out of the same account is OK?  

On two separate occasions, while I still had my FFL,  I bought SKS rifles from SOG using my debit card with no problems.  Maybe PayPal is buying into the urban legend BS that one can buy guns straight out through the internet and they think GB is part of the evil process.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top