Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2003 12:25:57 PM EDT
Priciest Burger in NYC Debuts as $41

NEW YORK (Jan. 10) - And yes, it comes with fries.

A 20-ounce hamburger fashioned from ultra-tender Kobe beef debuted this week at the landmark Old Homestead restaurant. At $41, it is the most expensive hamburger in the city.

It is the first time the 135-year-old steakhouse has ever put a burger on its menu. The restaurant bills it as ``The World's Most Decadent Hamburger.''

``This is not about price,'' restaurant owner Marc Sherry said Friday, when the restaurant sold nearly 200 of the new burgers. ``This is an event.''

The burgers debuted on Tuesday.

[red]Kobe beef, imported from Japan, comes from cattle raised on beer and massaged daily to make the meat soft and succulent.[/red]

The burger, which has a piece of herb butter in the middle of each patty, comes on a special roll with exotic mushrooms and microgreens - shredded baby lettuce.

Put away the bottled ketchup. The burger comes with a homemade ketchup, mustard or horseradish sauce.

``And it's served,'' Sherry added, ``with our classic garlic shoestring fries.''
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Better be damn good and get a buzz off of it for 41 bucks!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=164142&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They must mean they feed the cattle spent grain that was used to brew beer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry about the double topic... didn't know it was already on the board.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno... I'd probably shell out the cash to try it at least once.  Might be good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a weekly meeting a few blocks uptown from the Old Homestead.  If I can find a parking spot out front I know what's for lunch next Thursday!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a weekly meeting a few blocks uptown from the Old Homestead.  If I can find a parking spot out front I know what's for lunch next Thursday!!
View Quote

Report back with your findings[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top