Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 6:45:26 AM EDT
I sent it in with my Form 1 for making a suppressor on 10 December, but I guess the mail to DC is sloooooow.  Anyway, I'm being optimistic and hoping that it will be back within a month (corporate application).  Am I being realistic?

That means I have to get serious with the design.  I want to make a 9mm/30 cal can.  I won't be using it on full-powered .308 or anything, just on my .300 whisper upper.  I'm leaning toward 1/2x28 threads because that's what my Glock 19 has, but I've also heard that might be too small for a 30 cal bbl.  Any thoughts?  I figure with 1/2x28, I can also use it on my AR with a .22 kit.  (I put all three calibers on the application.)

I'm also debating about how much work to contract out to a competent machinist.  I definitely don't trust myself with threading on a lathe.  Does anybody know where to buy tubes which are a good start on a suppressor?  I'm thinking aluminum, is that strong enough?  I don't think anybody sells "80% suppressors", but does anyone have any leads on something similar?  

I'm going to try to adapt my reloading press to make conical washers.  I figure I can make some dies for that on a lathe.  Am I crazy?  Well, that's a big question...does it sound do-able?

TIA,
fiz
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.  I know what it's like waiting for that stamp. Intersting title: ATF, suppressor, and cache.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't say ATF and cache in the same sentence, you'll summon the beast! You'll burn for it, you will!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Intersting title: ATF, suppressor, and [red]cache[/red].
View Quote

Hehehe...that is a funny title. [:D]  No double entendre; I'll fix it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it possible that they cashed your check and will then let you know that your request is denied. Sorry, for being a piss_imist but these guys have been rumored to screw a guy or two in the past.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it possible that they cashed your check and will then let you know that your request is denied. Sorry, for being a piss_imist but these guys have been rumored to screw a guy or two in the past.
View Quote

Since this is a corporate approval, there's no background check to fail.  (Not that I would!)  Since my corporation is completely legit, I don't see any way they could deny me.  I'm going the corporate route because the CLEOs around [s]suck[/s]won't sign for suppressors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top