Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 11:44:04 PM EDT
[b]For those that dont know about the thread I am referring to:[/b][url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=163615&page=1[/url]

I just got to say a few words.

While I love my Asian gals and I also love to have  good laugh and you all have me to tears with laughter many a time. I realize that the jokes and humor here 99,99999% of the time is in good taste.

But I think all the "Me so horny" "You number one GI. Buy me drinkee?" and all the Vietnam war movie prostitute quotes are a little much.

I'm sure if the author of this thread had posted a black girl's picture you guys wouldn't dare post slave jokes, quotes from mush mouth (you know the fat Albert dude)

All I'm saying is, not only do we have some staff on this site that are Asian, and I'm sure you wouldn't dare say this about their pictures in threads. There may be some Asian lurkers that have a lot to contribute to the site that may be turned off by some of these comments.

To some of the posters that I am referring to, please no hard feelings. I have posted things before and really didn't think about the "outside, looking in" consequences.

I am not asking for the lock of this thread, I am just asking everyone however to think about other's before making such comments about a girl that you don't know.

Thank you gentlemen for listening.[beer]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Gentlemen"?  Just what site do you think you are at? [;)]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Outside of firearms we have no taste... Even then there are those who are without taste.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]But I think all the "Me so horny" "You number one GI. Buy me drinkee?" and all the Vietnam war movie prostitute quotes are a little much.

I'm sure if the author of this thread had posted a black girl's picture you guys wouldn't dare post slave jokes, quotes from mush mouth (you know the fat Albert dude)
View Quote

You are half right. While slave jokes arent used, ebonics is frequently used, and is a common joke platform, and probably doesnt bother anyone but me.

It doesnt sound any better, IMHO than your quotes. Joke? Probably. Tatseless? Possibly. Reflection of underlying attitudes? IMHO,Yes. Tolerated? Definately!.

One standard

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Aren't they teaching ebonics in the California public school system?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm asian and  I thought those remarks were funny

=)
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Ebonic?  Isn't that the dreaded disease from Africa...flesh eating or something like that I think.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh?

And I [u]suppose[/u] all those [b]'poor white trash'[/b] comments were not specifically directed at me, huh?

At [u]me[/u] and no one else, right? Admit it!

I know when I've been insulted! I'm leaving!

I just gotta call Mom to come fetch me in her pickup truck to take me back to the trailer park!

She should be back from meeting with her parole officer any minute!

Then I'm outta here!

Eric The(RedNecked)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stop expecting for someone to hold your hand and make the world stop being mean.  The days of scraped knees and milk and cookies from mommy to make it all better are over.  Be proud of who and what you are and live life undaunted... that is truly the greatest revenge of all.
View Quote

Im expecting shit.
All I'm saying is its pretty rude to make generalizations about someone that YOU DONT KNOW just because she's Asian

I know damn well, that if someone posted a picture of a black person for any reason, and a member said "Go back to KFC and eat some more fried chicken"  or called the person a "nigger",the member would be warned and the thread would be locked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh?

And I [u]suppose[/u] all those [b]'poor white trash'[/b] comments were not specifically directed at me, huh?

At [u]me[/u] and no one else, right? Admit it!

I know when I've been insulted! I'm leaving!

I just gotta call Mom to come fetch me in her pickup truck to take me back to the trailer park!

She should be back from meeting with her parole officer any minute!

Then I'm outta here!

Eric The(RedNecked)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I sure wish I knew what you were talking about![:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I had a dollar for every time I heard a mafia, greaser, macaroni-eating, deigo, guniee, wop, etc. slur I'd be rich.
View Quote

Tell me about it! I could run a pipeline from my forehead and sell the flow off to Exxon.

Dago... greasy da greasy da greasy da..a..a..go
Dago cum slap the bitch and go home....

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[b]For those that dont know about the thread I am referring to:[/b][url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=163615&page=1[/url]

I just got to say a few words.

While I love my Asian gals and I also love to have  good laugh and you all have me to tears with laughter many a time. I realize that the jokes and humor here 99,99999% of the time is in good taste.

But I think all the "Me so horny" "You number one GI. Buy me drinkee?" and all the Vietnam war movie prostitute quotes are a little much.

All I'm saying is, not only do we have some staff on this site that are Asian, and I'm sure you wouldn't dare say this about their pictures in threads. There may be some Asian lurkers that have a lot to contribute to the site that may be turned off by some of these comments.

To some of the posters that I am referring to, please no hard feelings. I have posted things before and really didn't think about the "outside, looking in" consequences.

I am not asking for the lock of this thread, I am just asking everyone however to think about other's before making such comments about a girl that you don't know.

Thank you gentlemen for listening.[beer]
View Quote

You were so offended by the thread you had to post a link for those of us who had not yet seen it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
well it may be a stereotype, but the funny thing about stereotypes is they are often true or there is a bit of truth in them.
View Quote

I can agree that there is a bit of truth to [u]some[/u] stereo types.

But saying most Asian girls are inexpensive prostitutes is a good thing? Or should just be excepted?

Doesn't sound right to me. If someone said, "hey I bet she likes rice and eggrolls" or something to that effect. Or even like in my post I made a generalization that Asian girls have expensive taste(My post came from experience) it is no where near as bad as making such slurs as implying most Asian girls do sexual acts for money.

Say what you want, say how you feel. That's an American right and I respect it. But please remember that you and I represent the gun community here when we make public posts here.

I am not flaming anyone. And I really respect and enjoy discussing all topics here with everyone on this board. Please, no hard feelings.

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:05:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You were so offended by the thread you had to post a link for those of us who had not yet seen it.
View Quote

Offending me is NOT why I am bringing this to light.

ITS NOT ABOUT ME!

Originally Posted By: M4_Aiming_at_U
There may be some Asian lurkers that have a lot to contribute to the site that may be turned off by some of these comments.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know damn well, that if someone posted a picture of a black person for any reason, and a member said "Go back to KFC and eat some more fried chicken"  or called the person a "nigger",the member would be warned and the thread would be locked.
View Quote

Thats about the size of it....Unless you respond, then you get a warning too....
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thats about the size of it....Unless you respond, then you get a warning too....
View Quote

Please realize that I have been awake now for 36 hours, so maybe you can clarify just what does that sentence mean?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Im expecting shit.
All I'm saying is its pretty rude to make generalizations about someone that YOU DONT KNOW just because she's Asian

View Quote

OK.

Quoted:
She's cute.

After dating 7 asian girls I must warn you that you better have a full wallet!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I only read the first page of your link. ALL of the comments, (including yours), were sexist, demeaning to women, and insensitive. The thread should have been locked, and posters accounts suspended.  

seig heil.....
Beat THAT imbro!!     [:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I hear ya.  I havn't read the whole thread, but I get the picture.  It sounds like the problem is that the comments are targeted toward one individual.  And I do agree that if she was a black girl and someone made "fried chicken/greens" comments the thread would be locked.  Don't even get me started on the Arab comments.  I've heard from a few people that part of the reason they stay away from this board is because they fealt it was hate-filled.  I don't think that's the case, but I can see why people who don't know us may think that.

For me, it's all about intent, and how people accept those who are different.  I see a lot of blatently racist comments on here regarding Arabs.  Sometimes it bothers me (I'm a mut...actually, a half-breed), but that's for me to deal with.  There is at least one member here who is pretty outspoken, but I know he means no offense to me, and would buy me a beer just as quick as he'd buy one for someone else.  Again though, someone looking in wouldn't know this unless they stuck around for a while to find out.

I would also like to emphasize what HiramRanger said because they are words to live by: [b]"Be proud of who and what you are and live life undaunted... that is truly the greatest revenge of all."[/b]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top