Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 9:10:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like there's a story behind this one.  Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds like there's a story behind this one.  Please elaborate.
View Quote

I second the motion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Im not supposed to shoot people or animals? [:O]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I was first teaching the girlfriend to shoot, when I nearly had my first coronary. I was 17. I started her on an old .22 thats been in the family. First thing was safety. I was to later find out it didn't stick. So I shoot my rounds, hand it off to her. She shoots hers. I lay the now empty rifle down and head downrange to retrieve our now mutilated junk. So as I am down at the 50 yard line picking up assorted scraps of metal, wood, and an old hubcap we found... I look back. Turns out, how to operate the damn thing... DID STICK. Im now staring down the rather miniscule, but menacing nontheless, barrel of my .22. Turns out, she thought it would be pretty funny to try and hit me with a .22 round because "They'd just bounce off anyways you asshole!"...yeah, right. After all, how much could a 22LR hurt?  She wasnt too happy when I pulled out my best Gunnery Sgt. Hartman impression and came storming uprange at a full trot, all the while explaining firearm safety in a manner she will never forget. So, to make a semi-long story short, all our friends are afraid of going shooting... And thats the way it should be. NW
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going tomorrow, with two newbies who are in love with shooting guns, after the last time out. They (sister-in-law & friend), called me twice today, making sure we were still going..two weeks ago they were afraid of guns and did'nt even like them.

Tomorrow, they will be shooting a couple hundred rounds of .223. [:D]

Sometimes there is happy ending to "virgins" going shooting...course it does help being [b]NAKED[/b][naughty]

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Adding to that good suggestion...

Also you may want to make sure you don't tell them you will be stopping by the animal shelter for a few adoptions while on the way to shooting.[:)]

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im not supposed to shoot people or animals? [:O]
View Quote

only if they make your short list.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A few hours ago, I invited my coworker to come shooting next time I went out to the range.  He vigorously declined.
I told him it would be the funnest thing he had ever done, and then I told him how good it felt to be able to sit there on a bench, line up, squeeze a trigger and hit a 300 yard target on the first try.
It was then he asked, "So what do you shoot at?  It isn't animals or people, is it?"

You coulda knocked me over with a freaking feather.  He is now MUCH more willing to go to the range and pop some rounds off for fun.
View Quote

Should have said thats why you asked HIM to go!!

R35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top