Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 7:58:00 PM EDT
Did anyone see American Shooter on Sunday? They had AR race guns on and one AR had a peculiar upper reciever. The charging/operating handle was on the side with the ejection port. The handle was one piece with the Bolt carrier. It cycled with the carrier. I looked at DPMS as well as JP Enterprises and couldn't find this upper/carrier combo. Does anyoine know where one could be found?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
When and on what channel is American Shooter on?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
ditto on slt223. i thought they took it off when they put that rip off of the NFL on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It is back on the air?  That is the best news I have heard all day.  Ill have to check the web site.  

Just looked it up.  They are running re-runs until....

" POSTED MARCH 15
The first news is the start of our ninth season of American Shooter. We're back again on Saturdays on TNN, but at a new time. The first air date is July 7th and the times will be early afternoon in most time zones. Make a note to check local listings as we get closer to the start of the new season. "
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
It airs on sundays at 6:30pm pst on tnn
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It was on TNN at 6 pm(I think) Sunday.  I think TNN dumped the XFL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand that is becoming a more common modification.  It is easy to install and less obnoxious than the regular charging handle.

It looks much easier to operate from the shoulder, especially when slung up in a solid prone position.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the charging handle is more intimadating.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it a .22lr uppper with a blast reducer?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Where can I find more info on thiese "Edge Raceguns"? I did a search and could not find any info.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been wondering where to get those parts.  I'm not real comfortable with those little puffs of gas going right up my nose, can't be good.  With the charging handle on the side i could do some sealing on the back of the upper, maybe put a silicone nose rest back there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I LOVE THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER IN THE MORNING......

EZ fix...shoot at the crack of dawn........
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link for Edge Race Guns? Anyone Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A far better solution is the GG&G Extended Tactical (ouch, that word is SO overused) Latch.  It extends the LEFT side of the charging handle, so that you don't have to move your primary hand from the pistol grip.  It's very easy to operate with your left hand, and also helps greatly when using a scope on your flattop, yet is not so big that it's obtrusive.
-Troy
View Quote

I agree that the abuse of the word "tactical" is painful. I disagree as to why you would want to use your left hand over your right (assuming you are in a right handed position) - especially if, as pogo stated, you are using a sling.

Adam
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#17]
BTT

Still looking for Edge Racegun link........anyone???
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#18]
It is a pretty simple mod - Just a short piece of steel rod with a ball on one end with threads on the other.  

A slot is milled in the right side of the upper reciever, and the bolt carrier is drilled and tapped along this slot somewhere.  The rod is screwed onto this and reomoved when you need to remove the bolt.

Look at any spacegun.  They are commonly set up this way.  

But,.... it is not service rifle legal, will probably decrease resale value if not part of the total spacegun package, and plays hell with the right side of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Imbrog|io,
That was effing hilarious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top