Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the Red Cross a business?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sucks for them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:I'll be damned if I will donate my essence to a place that doesn't want my gun inside.
View Quote

This right here is damned near sig-line material.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm VERY afraid of needles getting put in me to the point where I can get so anxious I puke(sometimes). But now I can just say I don't donate because they don't allow conceal carry
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I'll be damned if I will donate my essence to a place that doesn't want my gun inside.

This is my rifle, this is my gun.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh man, when they come calling please post their response!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
If I were you, I would ignore their fucking stupidity.  People need blood and you are doing your part to save lives.  Don't let the majority suffer for the stupidity of some ass clowns.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#10]
As full retard as that is, this might be the one case where I'd reconsider a boycott.

Certainly tell them how they're wrong and alienating long time donors.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The last time I got talked into donating blood (a few years ago), those vampires took about a gallon out of me I think.

For about three days after I couldn't walk more than twenty feet without feeling tired out like a 90 year old man.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Red Cross is the worst Blood Bank you can give too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#14]
As I understand it most cities also have a local blood bank independent of the Red Cross.  Might they be an option for you?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh hell yes.  They are certainly not a charity.  If I won't BUY STUFF, and get something with banned CCW, I sure as hell won't DONATE my time and blood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell yes.  They are certainly not a charity.  If I won't BUY STUFF, and get something with banned CCW, I sure as hell won't DONATE my time and blood.

trust me. they are selling your blood to the highest bidder in other states and countries.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lots of folks are like that.  You really do get used to it though.  So very few eligible people donate it's really a shame.  AFAIK people don't die from a lack of blood, but I know it's a constant struggle to maintain supplies.  Now they lost a reliable donor--over stupidity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm VERY afraid of needles getting put in me to the point where I can get so anxious I puke(sometimes). But now I can just say I don't donate because they don't allow conceal carry

Lots of folks are like that.  You really do get used to it though.  So very few eligible people donate it's really a shame.  AFAIK people don't die from a lack of blood, but I know it's a constant struggle to maintain supplies.  Now they lost a reliable donor--over stupidity.  

Yea, part of it is just being in a doctors office. I was at the doctor last week (fractured my wrist) and the nurse said my blood pressure was high. I was just nervous.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I suppose a boycott is more level-headed than storming towards the door of the place with your CCW out, screaming "YOU WANT BLOOD, MOTHERFUCKERS? HUH?"
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#18]
They call me up on my cell phone (unsolicited) asking for blood donations.  Very annoying.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I donate as often as eligible, and have done over three gallons so far.  I've often participated in threads here encouraging others to do the same, cuz there's only one place to get this vital life saving commodity.  I was eligible again last Thursday, so I had time yesterday and went to do my part.

Big sign on the door of the Red Cross "NO GUNS ALLOWED" with the red slash circle around it.  It's not the legally required one, but it's unmistakeable.  I don't patronize businesses who forbid CCW.  I waited a long damned time (over 30 years) to get it in this state, and I'll be damned if I will donate my essence to a place that doesn't want my gun inside.

I'm A- so they REALLY like my extra-special rare blood.  They call me incessantly when I'm due to give, so now I can't wait to tell them to take me off their list--and why.  Idiots.
View Quote

Yes.  Tell them why and tell them if your blood is good enough for them, so is your life and your right to defend it.  idiots
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Next time they call you OP let us know how it goes down
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I give to the local blood bank. I'm O+, so mine gets spread around pretty well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Hahahahaha..... there's an American Red Cross ad at the bottom of my arfcom page.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They call me up on my cell phone (unsolicited) asking for blood donations.  Very annoying.
View Quote

That went on with me too, about once a week for a year after I donated.

They figured they had found a sucker I guess.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Send your blood to me. I'm going to open a gun friendly conpetitor business.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#26]
As someone who has received a blood transfusion... thank  you. I also recommend you just donate and carry anyway.

I had no choice in where my blood came from, and I had no choice in their gun policies... why should I have been made to suffer for the Red Cross's stupid policy?

Make the Red Cross suffer by going in, and carrying anyway, and donating blood.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I donate as often as eligible, and have done over three gallons so far.  I've often participated in threads here encouraging others to do the same, cuz there's only one place to get this vital life saving commodity.  I was eligible again last Thursday, so I had time yesterday and went to do my part.

Big sign on the door of the Red Cross "NO GUNS ALLOWED" with the red slash circle around it.  It's not the legally required one, but it's unmistakeable.  I don't patronize businesses who forbid CCW.  I waited a long damned time (over 30 years) to get it in this state, and I'll be damned if I will donate my essence to a place that doesn't want my gun inside.

I'm A- so they REALLY like my extra-special rare blood.  They call me incessantly when I'm due to give, so now I can't wait to tell them to take me off their list--and why.  Idiots.
View Quote

Maybe its time to donate some feces?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Donate to a different group!  Bonfiles (SIC) in my area, Red Cross is the devil.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Beekeeper, guess you need a "no guns no blood" card! ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Last I heard, the CEO of the Red Cross makes over 600k a year and less than 35 cents of every dollar actually goes toward a charity. Take you blood elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I know--it's honestly eating me up, hence this thread to commiserate.  I know what the donations means to you and anyone else who needs it.  

True story--I have a dear client who has bad sickle cell anemia and happens to be a universal recipient.  She MUST have a one unit transfusion every month to stay alive.  Most times when I donate I call and tell her to hustle in and get it while it's still warm.  She's a sweet lady and always gets a laugh from the call.  She was dealt a sucky hand health wise and has little joy in life, so I try to cheer her when I can.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As someone who has received a blood transfusion... thank  you. I also recommend you just donate and carry anyway.

I had no choice in where my blood came from, and I had no choice in their gun policies... why should I have been made to suffer for the Red Cross's stupid policy?

Make the Red Cross suffer by going in, and carrying anyway, and donating blood.

I know--it's honestly eating me up, hence this thread to commiserate.  I know what the donations means to you and anyone else who needs it.  

True story--I have a dear client who has bad sickle cell anemia and happens to be a universal recipient.  She MUST have a one unit transfusion every month to stay alive.  Most times when I donate I call and tell her to hustle in and get it while it's still warm.  She's a sweet lady and always gets a laugh from the call.  She was dealt a sucky hand health wise and has little joy in life, so I try to cheer her when I can.  
by the way... my "Thank you" wasn't sarcastic. It's a "thank you" for donating already and having done everything you have already done.

But I do recommend you just remember that concealed means concealed.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I will.  It will be in a day or two, as they are relentless.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next time they call you OP let us know how it goes down

I will.  It will be in a day or two, as they are relentless.  

TAG for the butthurt
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

trust me. they are selling your blood to the highest bidder in other states and countries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a monopoly, and nobody else is supplying enough to keep up with trauma.

The "no guns" policy is stupid and I don't pretend to know the specifics of blood banking economics.

I just know I've dumped an awful lot of blood into an awful lot of traumas, and karma is looking to bite me if I don't give some back. When you transfuse 40 units into a person, you tend to be pretty appreciative of the folks that donated and processed the stuff.

OP, if you feel so strongly about not giving blood due to the sign, that's your right. Please be so kind as to carry a properly witnessed card next to your driver's license that refuses blood transfusion, lest someone accidentally give you blood steeped in the anti-gunnery of the Red Cross.

There are lots of reasons not to donate. This one takes some impressive mental gymnastics.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

There's nowhere else to donate.  I'm downstate and not in a hugely urban area.  I avoid charities like the plague, knowing they are virtually all crooked as hell.  I donate ONLY for people like our friend PatriotAr15, as there's only one place to get it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I heard, the CEO of the Red Cross makes over 600k a year and less than 35 cents of every dollar actually goes toward a charity. Take you blood elsewhere.

There's nowhere else to donate.  I'm downstate and not in a hugely urban area.  I avoid charities like the plague, knowing they are virtually all crooked as hell.  I donate ONLY for people like our friend PatriotAr15, as there's only one place to get it.  

Is there a local(ish) hospital?  Sometimes hospitals will have their own bloodbank.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Perhaps I'll do that--but with your permission I'll make sure it says to stop after 3+ gallons is reached.  I'd like to say more.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

OP, if you feel so strongly about not giving blood due to the sign, that's your right. Please be so kind as to carry a properly witnessed card next to your driver's license that refuses blood transfusion, lest someone accidentally give you blood steeped in the anti-gunnery of the Red Cross.

There are lots of reasons not to donate. This one takes some impressive mental gymnastics.

Perhaps I'll do that--but with your permission I'll make sure it says to stop after 3+ gallons is reached.  I'd like to say more.  

Truth be told, you'd probably end up getting the stuff anyway. A wallet biopsy is way down the list of priorities, and we have so many "John Doe" folks come through that the hospital has come up with some very creative variations on temporary names for unknowns.

As far as allocation, appropriate usage, and limits, there are a lot of things I'd like to gripe about but would be inappropriate on an open forum.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#43]
So does this mean if you are critically hurt, you'll make a request not to go to a hospital that does not allow CCW?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#47]
lol

Only on arfkom.

I bet your ass would be begging for some of that blood if you needed it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Do they post "no concealed carry" in any other state?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Sucks for them.
View Quote
Ya...the blood suckers they are.....

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
lol

Only on arfkom.

I bet your ass would be begging for some of that blood if you needed it.

View Quote

No, he'd be buying it.   Which is what the Red Cross doesn't do.  Because you aren't allowed to sell it to them, by law.

You can sell blood plasma, tho.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top