Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 3:05:00 PM EDT
Thats messed up, makes the forums usless for us non-pay members..

If I cant search, How would I know the content in these forums are worth paying for?

Maybe limit the searches for non-paying members to 1 every hour or so?  

Without the search function, its next to impossible to find anything that the normal user would want to find..

And I highly doubt people would want to pay 20$ a year /w out knowing what kind of content is on this fourm..

Just a idea, not tryin' to cause trouble.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It's $20 a [b]year[/b] not $20 a month!
Yes, the check is in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What he ^^^^^^ said.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Smokeit, trust me this is just the best site on the net, 'nuff said. $20 bucks is pocket change for what you will find here.

Now I need to get off my lazy ass and get my money in.[:D]... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

either way, I have no idea /w out searching if its worth it..
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto..

It's only $20.00yr. well worth it for the warm, fuzzy feeling you get.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
View Quote

Just pick a subject and ask about. I know one of the big hearted, caring, honorable members will do a search and post a link for you. this a great group, so don't introduce yourself by complaining.... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

So, what other name do you post under?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ditto..

View Quote

This is the only public forum I know that the search function is for 'paying users'...

out of all the diffrent 'pay' services ar-15.com has to offer, I just think its silly to have to pay to search a public forum..

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
[beathorse]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the issue is in committee!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, your first four post and you're already bitching!!

So there's no search....so what?

Ever here of posting a topic?  Or going to page two?  Are you really that lazy?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Bitching about paying on your first post!! Huh....[:K][:K][:K]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ditto..

View Quote

This is the only public forum I know that the search function is for 'paying users'...

out of all the diffrent 'pay' services ar-15.com has to offer, I just think its silly to have to pay to search a public forum..

View Quote

It's also the only one you know of that has 25-30,000 users. Bandwidth costs $$$....... You can still scroll through the pages, and get an idea what's here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I dont have a 'other' name.. I came to this site looking for infomation on eagle arms ar-15's..

Im sure the question has been asked 100x times, therefor - insted of beating a dead horse I was looking for a search function..

nothing worse then asking a queastion and people replying "use the search"..

sorry for the trouble..
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Look, no one is going to cry for the none paying members. This is a heavily traveled site and cost money to run and maintain and the search function eats up processor power and band width.

And this is not a public forum. It’s a private forum that you are being aloud to use free of charge so stop complaining or get a paid membership.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thats messed up, makes the forums usless for us non-pay members..

If I cant search, How would I know the content in these forums are worth paying for?

Maybe limit the searches for non-paying members to 1 every hour or so?  

Without the search function, its next to impossible to find anything that the normal user would want to find..

And I highly doubt people would want to pay 20$ a year /w out knowing what kind of content is on this fourm..

Just a idea, not tryin' to cause trouble.
View Quote

Well just look around and you can see, what kind of content is on this fourm.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Again lets ALL say it AGAIN [:K][:K][:K]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Silly or not it's your choice.

I would tell you this smokeit that starting off as a newbie this way is not a very amiable way to make new friends( best country boy drawll..)
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I dont have a 'other' name.. I came to this site looking for infomation on eagle arms ar-15's..

Im sure the question has been asked 100x times, therefor - insted of beating a dead horse I was looking for a search function..

nothing worse then asking a queastion and people replying "use the search"..

sorry for the trouble..
View Quote

You prolly won't find much info on firearms in the "general discussion" forum. Try the "general firearm" forum.....  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
[:K] oh yeah. I'm a non-paying member also, I have used the search function mabye once in the time that I have been on the board but usually I don't come here to search stuff. I come here to engage in conversations with other people who have the same interests as I. If I had the $20 a year, sure I would join in a heart beat, but alass...I am only a 16 year old kid who makes $7 an hour and all that is given to my daddy so he can buy guns and ammo for me, as I am not of legal age[:(]. In other words, don't complain, it takes money to run a site like this, last I checked, bandwith is expensive [:D]

Edited because someone changed the troll icon on me [:D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would tell you this smokeit that starting off as a newbie this way is not a very amiable way to make new friends( best country boy drawll..)
View Quote

ha, im not here to make friends.. I just wanted to do a little research..

I just thought it was weird for a forum to charge 20$/y to use the search function.

If you people want to pay for somthing that should be free, then good for you...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Take care smokeit,...see you on the other side.

ThorM4 out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ha, im not here to make friends.. I just wanted to do a little research..

I just thought it was weird for a forum to charge 20$/y to use the search function.

If you people want to pay for somthing that should be free, then good for you...
View Quote

I don't pay either but I don't whine in my first post either {Note to self Send GB Money so I can start Whinning][}:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[trol] oh yeah. I'm a non-paying member also, I have used the search function mabye once in the time that I have been on the board but usually I don't come here to search stuff. I come here to engage in conversations with other people who have the same interests as I. If I had the $20 a year, sure I would join in a heart beat, but alass...I am only a 16 year old kid who makes $7 an hour and all that is given to my daddy so he can buy guns and ammo for me, as I am not of legal age[:(]. In other words, don't complain, it takes money to run a site like this, last I checked, bandwith is expensive [:D]
View Quote

Thats great, good for you.. I didnt come here to chat...

And yes, im aware it takes money to run a site - but I think theres other way to make money, like the ad banners, or the other pay services this site offers..

I just think it take away from the site not being able to search..

so if you all want to flame me for a idea that in my mind, improves the forums - go for it..
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You should have done a search to see how many times this has been covered in the last two weeks.....oh wait...sorry [:D]
View Quote

Thats my point, I would have searched if I could have.. But instead  -  I have to ask a question that has been asked 100x times, and get flamed in the process, and waste more bandwith than I would if I had searched.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should have done a search to see how many times this has been covered in the last two weeks.....oh wait...sorry [:D]
View Quote

Thats my point, I would have searched if I could have.. But instead  -  I have to ask a question that has been asked 100x times, and get flamed in the process, and waste more bandwith than I would if I had searched.
View Quote

Excuse me, but I don't remember you asking a question, just a first post complaining about no search.
Why don't you just start a new thread with the question you want answered. You will get your info with no flames. Try clicking the ar15 button up top. It will take you where you need to be.... fullclip

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Smokeit, The owners of the site and all the paying members are glad to have you here to discuss things with and no one is flaming you; we are just informing you.

Sometimes the site is very slow and one way to make it faster for the paying members is to restrict some of the features from being used by the none paying members.

Also membership has its privileges, if there where none then Ed would still be footing the whole bill out of his own pocket.  

If you where being flamed you would know it.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Alright guys, this is obviously a troll.  Why? How else would a newbie know that there WAS a search function and how much use it is?  Why else would he get an account just to bitch like a little girl?  

Hiram, is that you messin with us?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
wait a minute, how do u know there was a "search" function if this is your first visit? and why start out with your first post bitching about having to pay for search? and why isnt your first question about an AR15? which one of the whiners are you? and if you just happen to be brand new, disregard the above and welcome to AR15.com.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#33]

smokeit a troll?? I feel so cheap and defiled..[:O].. fullclip

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

An hjour and a half has gone by since your first post. If you really wanted the info, you would have found it by now........
BTW, haven't I seen you before???
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know how you feel,

I felt the same way,

Then I found out that I was acting like a self centered, arrogant, teenage troll asshole jerkwad.... so I coughed up the cost of a pizza and a six pack and quit my bitchin'

I was a "member" before I paid up, now I'm a "member" that feels good about supporting the site.

edited to add: try posting a for sale item on any other board that has this volume of traffic and high reputation and see if you can do it for "Free" like you can here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#36]
[beathorse]  +  [:K]  =  [buttkick]

A picture says a thousand words. [;D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Some guys just can't keep a seceret... fullclip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top