Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 2:05:30 PM EDT
Well after exploring every nook and cranny of the BIOS I still haven't been able to locate the option to disable the onboard sound. Have a sound card I'd rather use so am hoping that it is something simple that I just keep overlooking. Built my first system from scratch and this is the only problem I haven't been able to remedy and would certainly appreciate any and all help with this. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Look closer in the BIOS, if the chipset is onboard it's probably an AC97 chipset.    

Look for 'AC97' or 'AC 97' and then disable it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably a jumper on the MB.  What model do you have?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
unless you have a top quaility motherboard like Asus or Abit, you will have to get your manual and find the jumper on the motherboard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What brand?

Mine was buried in the bios under an advanced setting, called AUDIO CODECS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Dirtbag,

Thanks for reply. Found it in Peripherals/Via PCI chipset/ '97

Gomer, Ken226 and Mall_Ninja2,

It's a Biostar M7VIT. Was cheap ($75) for a 333mHz FSB(DDR 400) and compatible up to at least AMD 2700+ Socket A CPU. Software for MB to OC so for that much what the hey, can experiment with it and dabble in something I have very little knowledge of. Running a XP 2100 with 512 DDR 2700 so noticed a big difference from the last Desktop I purchased which was a PII 333.[:)]

Edited to get my facts straight![:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
unless you have a top quaility motherboard like Asus or Abit, you will have to get your manual and find the jumper on the motherboard.
View Quote

err correction, Abit USED to be a quality motherboard, MSI and Asus make the best boards now. (I used to be a hardcore abit fan)

Ditto on all the advice above.
Look in the Mboard manual.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I like MSI boards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top