[#1]
got a link to a windows format?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

Why don't half you folks have Real Player?  It's a very, very common format on the web.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
cause half of us are at work and cant download it per work policy...< real player >

[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
[v]

stoopid cops
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

WHAT HE SAID ^

Could one of you computer guru's reformat this or transmediate or difibriulate, or WHATEVER it is you guy's do to make this video available in Windows player?

PLEASE [hail2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't waste any time shooting the dog.  Hard to say without being there, but didn't appear to be life-threatening.  Dog looked rather small.  Not that I would want it hanging off my nuts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
man does that piss me off.  i read the story but that is much worse.  he didnt even try to grab the dog.  he just fucking shot it.  wtf!!!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I said before since when did the police dept. start hiring chicken shit nancy boys?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this more entire than the one posted in the other thread, so I know whether to download Realcrappy Media Player or not?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
MOTHERFUCKERS! I am seriously pissed after seeing this!

I have never seen something so fucking stupid in all of my life.  

The dog (golden retriever?) bounds out of the car and without any attack that I can see, the NAZI JACK-BOOTED THUGS SHOOT THE THING!

What were there, 4-5 cops there?  The dog didn't even have a chance to attack anyone, they just popped it as soon as it ran out of the car.  

What the fuck kind of shitty police work is this?  They got a random "tip" that these people were involved in a robbery and immediately, without checking any more, go into tactical mode.  

I'm all for officer safety but GET FREAKING REAL!  Everyone in the car was trying their best to fully comply with commands (obvious), were not resisting in any way, and were attempting to tell the cops that their dog was in the car.  One cop even saw the dog through the passenger side and mentions it before it leaps out.  Why didn't the MORON just shut the car door with dog still inside?  

I suppose now citizens' personal property is subject to the fiat of the state and its police power over mere suspicion that a crime has been committed.  There certainly was no PC to suspect these people had done or were doing anything wrong.  

Do you think that stupid bastard LEO thinks he did the right thing?  I'd bet a whole month's pay he does.  

Those nice people had their family pet killed for no reason what so ever.  So, can the Nazi thugs just enter my house now on suspicion that I've done something wrong and start breaking up my stuff to "protect" themselves?  Bullshit.  

I've had just about enough of this shit from LEOs.  Every day it seems we see an example of this crap in the news.  

Let's face it.  Most cops are uneducated (remember, the vast majority of departments only require a high screwal diploma for the job) and many are ex-jocks or ex-military Delta/SEAL wannabees just looking to get aggressive rather than calmly and rationally handle a tense situation.  

WTF are they so afraid of?  Most of the thugs in that video were LARGE people, with vests, guns, flashlights (heavy blunt object), pepper spray (effective against DOGS), batons, and other assorted weapons on their person.  I, for one, am not afraid of a dog and have prevailed in many encounters with aggressive dogs through strong commands and intimidation alone.  Again, here there was NO indication the dog was attacking. It just leaped out the car and got hosed.  

IDIOTS!  They are lucky THEY didn't hosed by an armed passenger in the car.  I know I'd be ready to take the thugs out in that situation.  What am I supposed to think? Am I next if I appear more threatening than their little cowardly asses can take?  

That is of course the real issue here.  ZERO lack of respect for citizens rights evidenced by an overly eager response to what was, at that point, NOT a threat to anyone.  Does that mentality transfer over to people’s action?  You better believe so buddy.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Windows format would be nice...I'm not downlaoding a "free" $14.95 player for one video.  

I guess I'm one of the halves...

Can any of you computer geee...err...gurus help us poor Windows players?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]
A quote from the article that the file is posted in .

"Our investigation has found that our troopers on the scene that night — Trooper David Bush, Trooper Jerry Phann and Lt. Jerry Andrews — did have probable cause to conduct what in police terms is called a 'felony stop' of a motorist,'' said Beth Tucker Womack, spokeswoman for the Department of Safety. The THP is part of the Safety Department."
and

"Likewise, the Cookeville Police Department's internal investigation determined that its officers, who were providing backup for the troopers, ''performed their duties according to training and policy,'' said department spokesman Capt. Nathan Honeycutt"

Good thing they didnt have an unruly child who decided to make a run for it eh. Watching this video sickens me. I can understand the shooting if the officer was alone but there was what 4 of them on scene? They all probably have pepper spray. Its not like the family was resisting arrest.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The Dog was the size of the Taco bell dog,
Big strong man just had to shoot it! It might have bitten his pants leg!

Like I said before, The lawyers are going to make them regret they ever heard the call!

Someone should foward this to O'Reilly, He would probably air it on the factor.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Sick. If the dog was shot after a slightly reasonable attempt to even discover the dogs intentions, I wouldn't care half as much. The dog probably just wanted to say hi. Well, hello to you, dog, BLAM! BS.

This is not an anti LEO rant. This is an anti stupidity and poor decision making/failure to operate sanely under stress rant. I fear the amount of lead he would put down if he saw a child holding a green water gun to his playmates face.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why don't half you folks have Real Player?  It's a very, very common format on the web.
View Quote

Because RM sucks ass???  Almost as bad as a QuickTime movie.  

How about an mpeg?  Is that too hard?  An internationally recognized standard format that can be played in any player of the user's choice?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Windows format would be nice...I'm not downlaoding a "free" $14.95 player for one video.  

I guess I'm one of the halves...

Can any of you computer geee...err...gurus help us poor Windows players?

Thanks..
View Quote

It really is free.  They just try and trick you into getting the $14.95 player.

Look carefully and you'll find the free links.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#17]
try this: [url]http://www.tennessean.com/ [/url]

Its sad- poor dog.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Am I the only one that cant' tell shit form that video???

But it doesn't really matter...
What, 4-5 proabbly more, grown men, cant handle the family dog???

I seen an address someone posted for the TN highway patrol...but my email was kicked back...

The LEO's are making it harder and harder to stick up for them...

Oriely and pals need this one...
I'm gonna send that link to errbod at foxnews.com....

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
info:

Feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
By phone: 1-931-526-2125

Emergency Contact: Dial 911

By mail:
Cookeville Police Department
Public Safety Building
10 E. Broad Street
Cookeville, TN 38501
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, they aren't biased against dogs.  They shoot each other too:

[url]http://www.cookeville.com/news/1015257218/index_html[/url]

By Michael Heitman
Cookeville.com
March 04, 2002

An off-duty Cookeville Police Officer was shot early Sunday morning and told police that he was shot by another officer. T.B.I is investigating the incident. The following is from the Cookeville Police Department:

At about 2:45 A.M. on Sunday morning (March 3), Officer Shannon Smith was dispatched to the Conoco / Breadbox Market (951 East Tenth Street) to investigate the report of a person being shot. When he arrived, he found that Cookeville Police Officer Brad Sperry, who was off-duty, had been shot in the neck. Officer Sperry told the responding Officer that he had been shot by another off-duty Cookeville Police Officer; he indicated the officer was Zac Birdwell.
Officer Smith immediately transported Officer Sperry to Cookeville Regional Medical Center. Although very seriously injured, Officer Sperry is expected to recover.

Circumstances surrounding this incident are extremely unclear at this time. We have asked the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to conduct the investigation; our role will be to assist them in any way they may request. All additional inquiries should be made to the T.B.I. public affairs office in Nashville.

Your concern and spiritual support for these Officers and their families, as well as all members of our Department, is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The officer who shot the dog:

Officer Eric Hall

931-520-5318

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#23]
What, 4-5 proabbly more, grown men, cant handle the family dog???
View Quote

And handle three (? haven't seen the video) felony suspects in addition to the dog?  I don't think so.   Instead, the officers should be reprimanded for endangering the public by leaving the door open with the dogs in the car.  A dog running around an Interstate is not safe for the other motorists.  Also, the chain of command that decided a felony stop should be done, rather than the officers on the scene who only acted on the bad information they were given, should be reprimanded.  Remember, those guys only knew what they were told.z
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
It was just on CNN, with video. They didn't show the exploding dog though. What you people fail to understand here is, that could have been a carjacker, or a bunch of terrorists. Those cops are going home to their families. There IS a war on you know.....Question is, war against who, and by who???
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#25]
If a criminal gets charged with killing a police officer when he shoots the police dog, then shouldnt that officer get charged with at least manslaughter?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Like I said before since when did the police dept. start hiring chicken shit nancy boys?
View Quote

You obviously have a complete lack of understanding as to just who does become a cop. There are 3 types of folks that become a cop:

1. Altruistic (read clueless) types that believe they can "make a difference". These are the same guys that 10 yrs later believe every black kid is a felon. I don't know this for a fact, but I am willing to gamble that the majority of cops that take their own life were at one point highly altruistic.

2. Criminals - realize the PD is a great place to run a shake down operation from. They on the other hand a a very good handle as to just how the street works, and to some extent probably actually do a very good job of "keeping the peace" since they can act as a go between and lay smack down when things get outta hand. They are still dirt bags themselves.

3. Civil servant types - They realize that it is a gubermint job, with good ay, great bennys, and a great retirement package. Today, in most PDs in America, they enjoy a modest amount excitement, most of their time is gonna be paper work and boredom, but like I said - a good job, great bennys, great retirement.

As for the unfortunate incident, I can only hope that the individual officer is at least reassigned to a desk as he is not able to distinguish what conditions would justify the use of deadly force, hopefully he will be terminated and sued individually on a civil matter; go BK (bankrupt) and spend the rest of his life thinking about what an unnecessary act that was.

And the other cop? WTF? CLOSE THE DAMM DOOR AND THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. BESIDES WHAT THE DOG GOT OUT AND THEN GOT HIT IN TRAFFIC?

What a bunch of dipshits!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
How anyone can side with these dog killing assholes is beyond me.
[shotgun][snoopy]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Zoom,

All of the people in the car where on the ground handcuffed before the dog decided to exit the vehicle. If you watch the video you will notice the officers where not in any danger from the occupents. Like i said in my previous post had the cop been alone then i can understand but there was 4 of them on scene and all of the occupents had been handcuffed. If 4 grown trained men cannot subdue one dog without resorting to shooting it then there is something wrong. For some reason i was under the impression police are supposed to use the minumum amount of force required.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Well as some one else always writes in these cop threads "at least the officer got home safely". They were cleared by their department. No shit. They are always cleared by their own department. That's like letting the fox guard the hen house.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]

What a pussy of a Cop!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#31]
what the fuck is he doing with his finger on the trigger in the first place? that is one stupid idiot.who taught him how to handle a weapon? i hope he gets fired and has to pay those people back. that was totally wrong.could have been a big rat he had no idea what he was shooting at.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well as some one else always writes in these cop threads "at least the officer got home safely". They were cleared by their department. No shit. They are always cleared by their own department. That's like letting the fox guard the hen house.
View Quote

Oh don't worry, their fellow ocifers will clear them, pat them on the back and give them first crack at the donuts in the morning.....BUT....the lawyers won't be so kind.[}:D]

[shotgun][snoopy]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#33]
if i see those reverse lights come on, i'm gonna empty my mag into the back of your head!!!

heinrich himmler would be so proud of us...

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#34]
All I know is that someones chosen occupation would have no effect what so ever in the course of action I would take if they were to intentionally kill my dog.

Dentist, construction worker, math teacher, cop.....makes no difference to me.

Frightening to think the bar is that low in some P.D.'s to have such mindless goons "protecting & serving" the public. A thug is a thug regardless of the uniform he may wear. I didn't hire them, I just pay their salaries, and just because someone has a badge tacked to their chest means nothing to me if me and my loved ones mean nothing to them.

Those guys will NEVER get what they deserve.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I agree with M4. My dog is a member of my family i care for my dog. If something happens to my dog i am going to be incredibly pissed. By hurting my dog you are attacking my family and i consider that an attack on myself. If i wasnt a law abiding citizen i would probably do my best to insure that something bad happend to the person who injured or killed my dog.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard the guy say a few times that there were dogs in the car...and he didn't want them to get out.
I have no problem shooting a dog that is going to attack, but the guy WARNED them, and IMHO they shoot was a bit trigger happy.

My opinion.

On the otherhand... If these people had turned out to be the bank robbers and the dog was shot, there woun't be one word about this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I heard the guy say a few times that there were dogs in the car...and he didn't want them to get out.
I have no problem shooting a dog that is going to attack, but the guy WARNED them, and IMHO they shoot was a bit trigger happy.

My opinion.

[red]On the otherhand... If these people had turned out to be the bank robbers and the dog was shot, there woun't be one word about this.[/red]
View Quote

But they WERE NOT bank robbers....just a family on vacation who had the misfortune of losing a wallet. And we now see what the punishment is for that, don't we.
Tow the line sheeple or the dog gets it !!!
[shotgun][snoopy]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Just saw a much more clear video on Inside Edition.I have to stop seeing it cause my bp rises about 50 pts.

Anyways, from what I saw on that video, if that dog was charging than im a bacon eating heathen.

See if Inside Edition is on local channels cause you HAVE to see this version to really get a solid view of the incident.

This is just damn crazy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#39]
If a police officer killed my dog without a legitimate reason, he better pray that I'm unarmed or he's going to have one leg that won't work properly for the rest of his natural life.  (This assumes I didn't hit that major artery that runs through his leg.)

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#40]

[blue]Absolutely disturbing.

I realize there is a great deal of stress and I personally wasn't on the side of a highway on a dark night but. . . completely unprofessional.

What's that saying about "a few bad apples"?[/blue]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just saw a much more clear video on Inside Edition.I have to stop seeing it cause my bp rises about 50 pts.

Anyways, from what I saw on that video, [red]if that dog was charging than im a bacon eating heathen.[/red]

See if Inside Edition is on local channels cause you HAVE to see this version to really get a solid view of the incident.

This is just damn crazy.
View Quote

Now THAT was a great line!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#42]
PLEASE.......
Will someone PLEASE convert this video to  Windows player viewer so I can see it?
PLEASE.......
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#43]
The police need to realize that it is this type of heavy handed police work that causes the public to mistrust them.  There are other ways to handle an incident like this without the use of deadly force.

I feel very sorry that happened to that family.

Did you hear them screaming in horror? awful.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't you just love it when they hide behind "training and policy?"

Seems to me if unfortunate things are happening (ie, innocents are being killed) while following "training and policy," the perhaps the "training and policy" needs to be changed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#45]
jethead, here's a link to a story on cnn with a video link attached, it is censored but you cant see much in the uncensored one anyway.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/09/police.kill.dog/index.html]Family plans to sue..  (good!)[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#46]
The video was on the news tonight. The family pet was obviously not attacking. He was bounding around with his tail wagging and approached the killer like your dog would approach someone with a frisbee in their hand.

I was sickened by the actions of that cowardly bastard with the shotgun.

There must be a special place in hell for child molesters and people like that coward with a badge.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It was just on CNN, with video. They didn't show the exploding dog though. What you people fail to understand here is, that could have been a carjacker, or a bunch of terrorists. Those cops are going home to their families. There IS a war on you know.....Question is, war against who, and by who???
View Quote

Why is it that you and Imbroglio can never let any misdeed by any cop anywhere go by without trying to link it in some ridiculous fashion to the war on terrorism?
What?  No cop every screwed up before the war on terrorism?  Or even before the war on drugs?
Sorry, cops are human, some are smart and good, some are stupid and some are downright evil.
It has always been thus.  If you don't believe it, I call your attention to the Battle of Athens, TN.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top