Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 9:14:13 AM EDT
Wow, its been about 7 years since that happened. He got my name from the College I took a few classes at.

How odd. The did seem pretty RABID to get me in 7 years ago. I did it all, but take the oath and sign the paper. The way the Dude was smiling at me as he was handing me the pen made me think twice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wow, its been about 7 years since that happened. He got my name from the College I took a few classes at.

How odd. The did seem pretty RABID to get me in 7 years ago. I did it all, but take the oath and sign the paper. The way the Dude was smiling at me as he was handing me the pen made me think twice.
View Quote

I don't recall my recruiter smiling.  He just seemed really tired.

Then again, that was over 20 years ago and they don't call me anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I never had a recruiter call me. I called them. Both times.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I've done my fair share of talking with recruiters over the last year and a half or so. Have talked to them all except Coast Guard, and some several different times. I couldn't enlist if I really wanted anyway, at least not yet. I need to lose weight. (these days, except for hunting, I never get any decent exercise..)
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I never had a recruiter call me. I called them. Both times.
View Quote

My recruiter couldn't be called via phone. You had to draw a pentagram and summon him.

You know how to tell when a recruiter is lying? His lips are moving.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top