Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 6:34:03 AM EDT
"Here's a guy who is very concerned about his physical stature, among other things," says Dr. Jerold Post, a former CIA psychologist who now heads the Political Psychology program at George Washington University. "He's 5-foot-2 and wears four-inch lifts in his shoes."

Dr. Post, in his study of the Korean dictator, says Kim Jong Il also loves to drink a certain Hennessey cognac that sells for $630 a bottle in Korea. "He is the largest customer over the last 10 years, averaging between $650,000 and $720,000 a year in purchases -- while the average North Korean earns only about $900 a year."

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/08/wbr.kim.jong.il/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Any guy who thinks Madeleine Albright is hot, definitely has problems! [url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.shtml?a=2002/10/17/210458[/url].
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
To answer your question......in purely clinical terms, of course......um....
Yes, Yes he is.[%|]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that a toupee he's wearing?[:D]
If it is, will someone please put it out of it's misery!
I think that style of eyeglasses went out of style quite some time ago too!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
A deranged asshole with (probable) nuclear weapons.

Again, I'm glad I don't live in a likely first strike US city.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What a bunch of crap. Let us call a spade a spade here shall we. I don't readily agree or disagree but he could very easily just be describing the vast majority of Americans that at least mentally fit the same general mold. Americans obsessed with their status, stature and looks, among other things.

At $720,000 a year, $630per, it comes out to around three bottles a day. I doubt it's all for his own personnel consumption. Add to that, he probably gets a volume discount.  I wonder how much the white house spends on perks for their own personal benefit every year. Comparing that amount to what the average American makes in a year might help put everything in perspective.

Rumors of him having sex with young girls; ... blowjobs in the white house.....catholic priests not sparing their rod to keep from spoiling the child,  granted though, a complete misinterpretation on their part... I just don't see a shock factor here anymore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What a bunch of crap. Let us call a spade a spade here shall we. I don't readily agree or disagree but he could very easily just be describing the vast majority of Americans that at least mentally fit the same general mold. Americans obsessed with their status, stature and looks, among other things.
View Quote

Ummm.... The "vast majority of Americans" don't control a 1.2 million man Army, the world's largest Special Operation Forces, and one of the worlds largest Navies - all poised in an aggressive posture against their neighbor to the South, which happens to be one of our strongest allies. As such, your "vast majority of Americans" can go on being insecure or what have you - they aren't quite so scary in how much their quirks effect others.

At $720,000 a year, $630per, it comes out to around three bottles a day. I doubt it's all for his own personnel consumption. Add to that, he probably gets a volume discount.  I wonder how much the white house spends on perks for their own personal benefit every year. Comparing that amount to what the average American makes in a year might help put everything in perspective.
View Quote

Ludicrous. Yes, surely the cognac is for his whole staff and anyone else stopping by. Still, the US government is limited ot congresssionally approved budgets, and US citizens are allowed to fend for themselves on the economy. North Koreans depend on Kim Jong Il for everything - it is a Communist country where all resources are divied up by the state. He truly thinks he is "more equal than others."

Rumors of him having sex with young girls; ... blowjobs in the white house.....catholic priests not sparing their rod to keep from spoiling the child,  granted though, a complete misinterpretation on their part... I just don't see a shock factor here anymore.
View Quote

The evils of the North Korean regime make the other scandals you mentioned appear uneventful in comparison. What the hell is your background?
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
[:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Adam,

I doub't he's been where we've been. It's all a show, the whole country (well the parts you're allowed to see) is a farce. The people scavenge for food while the head gook tries to run with the big dogs. What's the name of the village just on the other side of the DMZ that no one lives in? Only the sides of the buildings that you can see are painted, all lights are on timers etc...
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Just the run of the mill tyrant.  They're all pretty much the same.  The media will always play up their idiosynchratic tastes to make them look eccentric, but come on, all absolute dictators are the same in the only way it counts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#14]
While I was stationed in Korea in '91-'92, he said he would bury his father in Seoul.  Perhaps this is coming to fruition.

Bradd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top