Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 6:32:06 AM EDT
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-britain-retina-check0108jan08,0,4704923.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The year 2015.....local radio.

"And on to other news, blindness has been linked to early retinal scanning devices. Because the systems were implemented by gubernement agencies laws prevent victims from obtaining any compensation."

The first time I am "required" to do this I will probably be confused and put my zero up to the scanner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Noo... We can't have these kids feeling bad! We must implement an incredibly expensive retinal scanning system to prevent kids from feeling bad, while the socialized medicine system can't afford enough CAT scanners and MRIs for the hospitals. We have to teach these kids that they have the right to feel good at all times, so that they will go on shooting sprees when they get bullied too much. We must eliminate all feelings of shame for being poor so that there is as little incentive as possible to be as productive as you can. We must make sure that there's no shame for being a worthless slacker on Government Welfare programs that give you just enough money to get by, so that as many people as possible can be slaves to Government.

Yes indeed, there's a bright future for England!
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I think one more generation and the entire island will be populated totally by complacent, docile, compliant sheep.  A whole population reduced to whining, defenseless prey for the government that will own them and the criminal element that will terrorize and feed off them.

A truly sad and depressing thing to watch unfold, especially when everyone over there seems hell-bent on simply complying with nary a bleat.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, but they are not citizens, they are SUBJECTS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The retina is an identifying mark near the forhead, right?

Thought so.

Fuck them all. What a "nice" way to introduce kids to the New World Order.

This has nothing to do with protecting the "feelings" of poor kids. Just make everyone use "lunch tickets" like we used to do.

This has everything to do with getting kids used to retina scanning.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]
All I can say is "scary".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top