Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Posted: 6/21/2014 10:45:37 AM EDT
Remember, you are responsible for every round that comes from every pull of your trigger. Even in a life or death scenario.

A shotgun with 00 Buck will not blow through into your neighbors house or someone outside your house.

Stray Bullet Kills Florida Man From 200 Feet Away

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — Jun 20, 2014, 8:51 PM
Associated Press
A new father in Florida was killed by a stray bullet that traveled more than 200 feet from a neighbor's house and hit him in the back of the head.

Bay County Sheriff's officials were quoted by the The News Herald of Panama City http://bit.ly/1l30xwL as saying that 33-year-old Steven Justin Ayers was killed instantly during a family gathering he and his wife, Jessica, were having at their home to celebrate the birth of their 3-day-old son, born on Father's Day.

Police say Ayers' 62-year-old neighbor Charles Edward Shisler is accused of manslaughter and possession of a firearm by a felon. Investigators say Shisler told them the 9 mm pistol accidentally discharged when he picked it up inside his home Tuesday night. The bullet traveled through Shisler's window and into the Ayers home.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stray-bullet-kills-florida-man-200-feet-24241825
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhh no....
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Have you seen penetration figures on 00 Buck?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#3]
If buckshot won't travel through a window, like this 9mm did, how will it travel through a bad guy?

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
In before the chart.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Aggressive threats are the key...
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#6]
AR miss=1
Buckshot miss=9

By your own logic AR>shotgun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If buckshot won't travel through a window, like this 9mm did, how will it travel through a bad guy?

View Quote

It would go through a window on your house but will be slowed enough that "if" they penetrated your neighbors house they certainly would not cause a kill shot. Also a miss with a shotgun inside your house on a bud guy is pretty much not possibru unless you are living in some sort of huge mansion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uhh no....
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone knows you don't need to shoot a shotgun,  just rack the action.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Terminal ballistics homework, you need to do it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Stick to a topic you know more about like shows for little girls.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It would go through a window on your house but will be slowed enough that "if" they penetrated your neighbors house they certainly would not cause a kill shot. Also a miss with a shotgun inside your house on a bud guy is pretty much not possibru unless you are living in some sort of huge mansion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Holy derp.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Physics, how the fuck do they work?

ETA: O_P got here before me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything you posted in this thread so far is fractal incorrectness.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I've yet to say this but:
13er like a muther. Damn dude
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

at first I was like, uh you misspelled that.  Then I was like... I I get it!
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone knows you don't need to shoot a shotgun,  just rack the action.
View Quote

nope I has a Biden  autographed edition  double barrel

I just light 2 off in the air and the trouble is gone
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]
So that when you "accidentally" pull the trigger on a shotgun with 00 buck, you have now launched eight 9mm projectiles instead of one?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing in life is certain. A lucky hit with any projectile can kill.

One can most certainly miss with a shotgun even at close range. People have an odd habit of moving when you try to shoot them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't live in a huge mansion, but yes, in the heat of a bad social incident, I see where it is possible to miss with a shotgun.

If I miss with an AR, the bullet will de-stabilize.  Yes, it will penetrate the sheet rock inside, the insulation, and the vinyl outside the house.  But, it has lost most of its aerodynamic prowess, may well have lost quite a bit of mass.  It might still hurt some one standing in the yard, but is not going to travel much farther than that.

Now, 00 buck, will also blow through the walls of my house.  It will still be aerodynamically stable, and will still travel about as well as any lopsided sphere can.  In my neighborhood, no problem, the neighbors are well over 300 yards away, though there is a day time business 120 yards away.  

Shotguns work for home defense, let me say that.  They work quite well.  However, AR15 type rifles, and other 5.56mm type arms just simply work better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Between this and the SD ammo thread in the Handgun tech forum, it's been pretty derp-tastic around here lately...
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Much fail, so post.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Personally, my longest kill on a living target with a shotgun was in the neighborhood of 90 yards (bugs bunny with #6 shot) so I'm going to say that shotguns are also dangerous  potentially lethal at any range up to 150 YARDS which would have covered this situation.

Lesson from the article. Keep your fuking bugger picker off the trigger and keep the weapon always pointed in a safe direction.

ETA for clarity of lethality.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Mr. BigPony, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.56 is an even better choice by your standards.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Come on, we have one of these threads about every two weeks. How did you miss them?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Shotguns are for shooting bean bags and less than lethal rounds at protesting hippies.

They're also good for blowing off doorknobs and dead bolts.

But for defense purposes, a big huge pump action shotgun that holds 5 or 6 rounds makes as much sense as carrying a fukkin' single action cowboy revolver.

Yeah, they'll fuck someone up, but get real...  It's 2014, we have semi-automatic bullet launchers that hold like 30 rounds.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#33]
lulz
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't live in a huge mansion, but yes, in the heat of a bad social incident, I see where it is possible to miss with a shotgun.

If I miss with an AR, the bullet will de-stabilize.  Yes, it will penetrate the sheet rock inside, the insulation, and the vinyl outside the house.  But, it has lost most of its aerodynamic prowess, may well have lost quite a bit of mass.  It might still hurt some one standing in the yard, but is not going to travel much farther than that.

Now, 00 buck, will also blow through the walls of my house.  It will still be aerodynamically stable, and will still travel about as well as any lopsided sphere can.  In my neighborhood, no problem, the neighbors are well over 300 yards away, though there is a day time business 120 yards away.  

Shotguns work for home defense, let me say that.  They work quite well.  However, AR15 type rifles, and other 5.56mm type arms just simply work better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This may be the most insane thing I've ever read on these forums. It scares me if you actually believe this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#35]
... whatthefuck.gif
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#36]
OP is highly misinformed and pulling information out of his posterior.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Remember, you are responsible for every round that comes from every pull of your trigger. Even in a life or death scenario.

A shotgun with 00 Buck will not blow through into your neighbors house or someone outside your house.

Stray Bullet Kills Florida Man From 200 Feet Away...
View Quote

Do you know how I know you're gay?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Should change your SIG line to "13er weak".
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#40]
HA....Painless is wearin out that report here lately!..........
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#41]
not this shit again
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really need to get some real life training.

You're sounding dumb right about now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This may be the most insane thing I've ever read on these forums. It scares me if you actually believe this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you referring to me?  Everything I said is quite sane and easily demonstrated.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Can't we set aside a day of the week for the " stupid shotgun post ", O_P can't be here all the time.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nonsense.

Rifles, Shotguns, and Walls

Quit posting BS if you don't know the subject matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.

Rifles, Shotguns, and Walls

Quit posting BS if you don't know the subject matter.

The Boxotruth should be required training with pop quizzes and all before you allowed to post on here.  I swear, this is getting to be worse than beans vs no beans, Glock vs 1911, or 9mm vs 45.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Take 12 inches of sheetrock and 12 inches of mammal*, and place them side-by-side.

*observe all local laws while doing so

Shoot them both.  It will become readily apparent that anything which will go through a foot of animal will go through the same amount of light building material rather more easily, especially since most walls are on the order of 3/8' thick.  

Contrary to My Little Pony, there's no magic in physics so any projectile capable of stopping an assailant will zip right through modern US house construction unless it hits a stud, water heater, conduit shielding, etc in which case it's a moot point.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, have you ever even attempted to pattern a shotgun? Take some of that 00 buck shot, and go shoot it at something that is 15 or 20 feet away. The spread will not be more than a few inches. If you can miss with a rifle, you can miss with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Uhh no....
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn dude, have you ever shot a gun?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top