Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 4:49:29 AM EDT
On the Today show this morning, I watched Martin Sheen tell us that we should not go to war.  Martin seems to think that this war is "immoral" and Iraq isnt' a threat.  And, of course, the children.  Hey Martin, this isn't the [s]west[/s] left wing.  When asked what we should do about Iraq, he dodged the question and made some other questions.

Why is it that all of these actors seem to think that we give a damn about what they think?   If you stand back and look at hollywuss, all of these idiots are always telling us what we should do and how we should feel.

ok, i am done ranting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't want to be within 1000 miles of the next Academy Awards.  Fallout you know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
less amount of people that will have the opportunity to watch there shows/movies,if there is a massive deployment,so lower TV rating (shows cancelled)or lower attendance at the theater(lower pay for next movie.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people do not care what they think.  It is maddening to think that some people might listen to them.  IMHO all the more reason to go.  I think we would all be on safe ground to do the opposite of whatever these Hollyweird Lefties think would be the "right" thing to do.  I firmly believe once we go in there will be overwhelming evidence to show that we were justified in doing so.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Then he invoked, "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself." As a closing non sequitur.  Really made no sense with the context of what he was spouting off about. [rolleyes]

It was rather silly.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess we had better not go then.  He is the expert.  Hey, he's not the President, but he does play one on TV.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see what Bruce Willis thinks about going to war, being that some consider him very right wing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On the Today show this morning, I watched Martin Sheen tell us that we should not go to war...
View Quote

Damn, I guess that settles that! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the Today show this morning, I watched Martin Sheen tell us that we should not go to war...
View Quote

View Quote

Good enough for me then.  After all, if you weren't well-versed in foreign policy, they wouldn't let you become an actor.

Right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Good enough for me then.  After all, if you weren't well-versed in foreign policy, they wouldn't let you become an actor.

Right?
View Quote

Precisely. I'm sure the intel that the Hollywood Left has to support their position is far superior, more credible, and more voluminous than all the stuff coimpiled by the CIA, DIA, NSA, etc.

Darn, and to think I've trusted the defense establishment to protect us all these years....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Right?
View Quote

Precisely. I'm sure the intel that the Hollywood Left has to support their position is far superior, more credible, and more voluminous than all the stuff coimpiled by the CIA, DIA, NSA, etc.

Darn, and to think I've trusted the defense establishment to protect us all these years....
View Quote

LOL!  Geez, what were you thinking?  At least you understand now that being an actor gives you an ultra-enlightened sense of the world and politics.

Thank goodness for Hollywood.  If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't know which socks to put on in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Who gives a shit what Martin Sheen thinks?

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#12]
What's really funny is how self-described "patriots"(anarcho-libertarian isolationists in reality) are siding with Hollywood liberals like Sheen...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top