Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2014 2:15:26 PM EDT
Purchased a motorcycle 3 weeks ago. This morning went outside and it was laying on its side. Kickstand side down and kickstand still extended and in gear.

Initial thinking was someone backed into it but no damage showing to the opposite side. Now I'm thinking someone vandalized it randomly.

Damage is probably 3k to fix at a dealership or 500 myself.

Full coverage insurance $500 deductible.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it yourself. You'll know its done right and that the dealership monkeys arent fucking around with your bike.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it yourself. You'll know its done right and that the dealership monkeys arent fucking around with your bike.
View Quote

Either way I would do it myself.

One way I'm out money to fix it, the other way I end up with a claim but no money out of pocket.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It was laying on the left side?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
DIY.  Filing claims sucks dick.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If it is $500 in parts to fix it yourself vs. a $500 deductable, fix it yourself and save the claim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top