Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 1:57:36 PM EDT
Took my 2002 Ford Taurus SEL in for it's 20,000 miles service today.  Check engine light was on, as well as a problem with the windshield cowl leaking rain water on my blower motor (SSM#15979).

Check engine light was due to the PFE sensor, and was fixed.  Service notes on the work order indicate a code of P0401, and what are termed "pending codes" of P0642 and P0200.

I'm assuming that the P0401 was for the PFE.  What are the other two?  the P0642 makes me think it could have something to do with the transmission.  This would not surprise me, as I can hear a metallic clicking noise in low rpms when the tranny warms up - started after a tranny cooling line ruptured last year at 4000+ miles.

But enough of my speculation, I would really like to know what these codes mean, and Google isn't really helping.  I know that there's at least one of you guys out there who turns wrenches for a living that can help me out here...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
P0401(Ford) P0642 (sucks) P0200 (ass)

I think it means Ford sucks ass,or maybe the O2 sensor hard to tell[:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, thanks for that bit of information.  [rolleyes]

Listen, I don't want to get into the merits of one car manufacturer versus another.  The only thing I care about is that my car, whoever makes it, is running properly.  I loathe the idea of dispensible vehicles.  I like to purchase a vehicle, pay it off, and drive it into the ground.  Keep your preaching to yourself.

Next?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, thanks for that bit of information.  [rolleyes]

Listen, I don't want to get into the merits of one car manufacturer versus another.  The only thing I care about is that my car, whoever makes it, is running properly.  I loathe the idea of dispensible vehicles.  I like to purchase a vehicle, pay it off, and drive it into the ground.  Keep your preaching to yourself.

Next?
View Quote

I'm sorry[:(] I'm sure it's a fine O2 sensor.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright, I've found information on pending codes in general and understand what pending codes are (detected once or so, haven't gone to history codes yet).

P0200 is Injector Circuit Malfunction.
P0401 is EGR Flow Malfunction.

That leaves P0642.

Any takers?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT...  c'mon guys, I know one of you out there has the answer...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried a Tarus online forum? I don't know if the codes are the same, but [URL]http://www.f150online.com/forums/index.php[/URL]

Might be able to help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hehe...  I actually registered there as part of my search.  No help on the P0642 code I see on my invoice.

Since I have the other two, but can't find the third on the net, it will have to be a Ford guy (or someone with appropriate access) who can set me straight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
P0401(Ford) P0642 (sucks) P0200 (ass)

I think it means Ford sucks ass,or maybe the O2 sensor hard to tell[:D]
View Quote

Hey I hate to see the rivalry and bashing between different segments of automotive owners - But that was the funniest thing I've seen all day! LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
the_reject; I can get it but I won't be back at the shop until Friday, so if you don't find out before then send me an IM and I'll look it up for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the_reject; I can get it but I won't be back at the shop until Friday, so if you don't find out before then send me an IM and I'll look it up for you.
View Quote

That's fine with me!  I'll send an IM.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
C Brooks beat me to my interpretation of this stutter on another Ford.
I think its: GDNHTHNN^&^THISFORDISANABORTIONKHOIJUIILNU
Time to replace unit

Have a nice day and smile. We all need a laugh.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
C Brooks beat me to my interpretation of this stutter on another Ford.
I think its: GDNHTHNN^&^THISFORDISANABORTIONKHOIJUIILNU
Time to replace unit

Have a nice day and smile. We all need a laugh.
View Quote

Is my name ComputerGuy?  No?  Then we all don't need a laugh.  What we need is the interpretation of an engine code.  I don't need a laugh.  I don't want a laugh.  This car is my way to and from my place of employment.  If something is wrong with it, I need it fixed so as to continue this ritualistic trip to my place of employment.

Chill on the Ford bashing until [b]AFTER[/b] I have my answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top