Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2003 1:06:26 PM EDT
How does this work, THEY want ME to leave my GUNS unlocked? They also make you sign something saying that they are not responsible for LOST STOLEN OR BROKEN ITEMS, right? Thats how they managed to get out of fixing my guitar.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ship them to yourself...

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
you can do that?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you can do that?
View Quote

Yes but then you have to worry about UPS or the postal service losing it and having it broadcast all over the freaking news channels about how you are shipping sniper rifles to yourself and you must be a terrorist and......well you get the picture!  Have a nice day.[:d]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
These are new? I've had to do that for two years now. Watch out for FedEx, theres 10 or so handguns missing around here as result of those dipshits.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.tsa.dot.gov/public/display?content=658[/url]

Read the last paragraph. From the TSA website:

Q: Can I still transport a firearm in checked baggage?

A: Subject to state and local restrictions on transporting firearms, you may still transport a firearm in your checked baggage.  However, you should first check with your airline or travel agent to see if firearms are permitted in checked baggage on the airline you are flying.  Ask about limitations or fees, if any, that apply.  

Firearms carried as checked baggage MUST be unloaded, packed in a locked hard-sided gun case, and declared to the airline at check-in.   Only you, the passenger, may have the key or combination.  Ammunition may be packed in the same locked container as the firearm, so long as it is not loaded in the firearm.  Small-arms ammunition must also be declared to the air carrier and placed in an appropriate container - securely packed in fiber, wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amount of ammunition.  

In addition, small-arms ammunition must also be declared to the air carrier and placed in an appropriate container: "securely packed in fiber, wood, or metal boxes, or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition."  Ammunition may be packed in the same locked container as the firearm, so long as it is not loaded in the firearm.
View Quote

Personally, I don't think this is going to last very long. You tell people they have to deal with all the security, but now, they cannot lock up their property... But, nobody is responsible for the property.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top