Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 12:35:12 PM EDT
I just got back from 9 days in Mexico, and was a little surprised to see all the armed forces running around the beaches down there.  

One thing in particular I noticed was that the Marines all carried M16s, but further inland, the Army carried G3 type/HK91 rifles.

This makes sense, because of the dense jungles, a .308 round would probably be more effective.  HOWEVER, most of the native Mexicans are very short, and the thought of one of them firing a G3 at full auto would probably put most of them straight on their asses.  

So, in this case, wouldn't it perhaps make more sense to have more accurate automatic/burst firing and less penetration?, or to keep your G3s on semi-auto only and have more accurate single shot fire?  With the dense jungles, the ranges would conceivably be shorter.

I would suggest they all switch to AKs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest they all switch to tacos.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
TACOS??? Everybody knows BURRITOS are the best assault weapon.  Sure, you can carry more tacos, but burritos pack more punch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top