Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 10:25:14 AM EDT
A business associate told me a story today. His daughter intends to quit college in her junior year to marry her boyfriend. He is in training to be an F-16 mechanic of some sort. His wife to be seems to think that if they marry, the Air Force will pay for her education. She also believes that when her hubby (if he finishes in his training) is stationed in Arizona, that the Air Force will find her a "good" job. I have no idea if any of this is true, but it seems to me that these are the types of benefits they would give a hot shot officer, not an enlisted man. IS this just BS that a good recruiter laid out to get another recruit or is this really a common thing? Is this just a story cooked up so that her daddy won't worry & bless the wedding?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Complete BS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
USAF has no obligation to find the spouse a job. They can also expected to be transferred every 2 years

If the lad ever wants to be promoted, he will have to accept an overseas assignment. F-16s are stationed in South Korea, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Quatar, Spain and fly deployment exercises in several other countries.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I figured guys. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top