Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/18/2014 3:12:06 AM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/man-gets-traffic-ticket-for-running-stop-sign-when-video-shows-he-clearly-stopped-203436653.html

Motorist gets ticket for running stop sign...

"Mr. Kratofil happened to have a dashboard camera recording as he was driving through Jefferson Hills. In the video, you can see that he comes to a complete stop."

And of course the Chief defends his officers.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
technically…the law says you stop at the stop sign, you move forward, stop again, until you can see that the intersection is clear and then you go.
View Quote

Perhaps a nit-picky ticket, but still, OP, your title is a little dramatic.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
FINALLY, Someone found the ONE bad cop out there!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://buzzingbride.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/drama-llama.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
technically…the law says you stop at the stop sign, you move forward, stop again, until you can see that the intersection is clear and then you go.

If I wanted to be dramatic, I could have called him something other than a liar.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/man-gets-traffic-ticket-for-running-stop-sign-when-video-shows-he-clearly-stopped-203436653.html

"Mr. Kratofil happened to have a dashboard camera recording as he was driving through Jefferson Hills. In the video, you can see that he comes to a complete stop."

View Quote

Chief is as big an asshole as the ticket writing cop is. One only stops and moves forward to stop again if the intersection can't be seen clearly from the white line or the stop sign position.

But traffic tickets are certainly not revenue enhancement..........no way, no how. This isn't even a close call as far as did he stop or not.

I'd put the ticket writer and his partner on bicycles for a few months as parking mama's.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Cop should've had him pick up some cans.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#7]
That town is markedly free of stray cans.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]
So OP..... by how many pushups did you fail the pre-qual...?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The STOP sign is the only octagon-shaped (8-sided) sign you see on the highway. At an intersection with a STOP sign, you must stop completely, check for pedestrians and cross traffic to clear the intersection before you go again. Slowing down without coming to a full stop is illegal.
When you see a crosswalk or a stop line, stop before the front of your vehicle reaches the first painted line. If you cannot see traffic, yield to any pedestrians and then carefully pull forward past the line until you can see clearly. Check for traffic and pedestrians and then go ahead when the intersection is clear.
View Quote

From the PA Driver's Manual. I don't see anything about stopping twice.

Sounds like there's a few liars in that department.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:03:01 AM EDT
[#10]
bad cop?

unpossible
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The STOP sign is the only octagon-shaped (8-sided) sign you see on the highway. At an intersection with a STOP sign, you must stop completely, check for pedestrians and cross traffic to clear the intersection before you go again. Slowing down without coming to a full stop is illegal.
When you see a crosswalk or a stop line, stop before the front of your vehicle reaches the first painted line. If you cannot see traffic, yield to any pedestrians and then carefully pull forward past the line until you can see clearly. Check for traffic and pedestrians and then go ahead when the intersection is clear.

Sure are...not to mention that it is a 3-way stop. He could clearly see that there wasn't anyone at the left side stop sign to compete with in the intersection.
Chicken shit police dept as usual.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I really need to get a dash cam.  Been saying that for over a year.  Haven't bought one yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's really funny.

Actually I'm retired now, but for a career, I went for money instead of being a cop.

But at 56 years of age, I am in much better shape than many police officers I see that are much younger than me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:12:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really need to get a dash cam.  Been saying that for over a year.  Haven't bought one yet.
View Quote

Police officers nightmare. Can you imagine. Shucks there is a very long list of police who have been fired, sued, and jailed because of their behavior in front of their own dash cams.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Actually I'm retired now, but for a career, I went for money instead of being a cop.

But at 56 years of age, I am in much better shape than many police officers I see that are much younger than me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

OP your a tad defensive so I see some issues you are having. At 60 I'm in better shape then many cops as well. Like I said before, you have issues.

Show some respect.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Officer?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

no he is correct. That cop is a liar.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP your a tad defensive so I see some issues you are having. At 60 I'm in better shape then many cops as well. Like I said before, you have issues.

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

Get over yourself.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

If anyone wants to be stupid enough to attack the messenger, well you know.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#22]
That's a screwed up intersection. I didn't see any stop bars. Also that stop sign is positioned to far away from the intersection.

Good withdrawal, he clearly stopped. I wonder if the cop was positioned so he could see the intersection and not the sign?
Still shouldn't be writing citations your not 110% sure it happened.

Bad cop, no donut.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Cop is clearly a liar.

If he would lie to write a traffic ticket, what else would he lie about?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

Dude, what are you talking about? Who is due respect that he isn't giving it to? The lying police officers and police chief?
Not sure where you're coming from and not sure where you're going with this, but... WAT?.....
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

I would figure by age 60, one would have learned proper spelling use of the correct words.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Show some respect.
View Quote

Respect is earned.  Unless you are a power hungry/corrupt cop then you demand people "respect your authority".   hmmm
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bullshit ticket.
View Quote

Show some respect.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Asshole cop aside, why is the stop sign so far back from the intersection?

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#31]
dafuq is going on in this thread?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit ticket.

Show some respect.
Watch out.  He may respect the hell out of you.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#33]
SHOW DICK SOME RESPECT !!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Chief is as big an asshole as the ticket writing cop is. One only stops and moves forward to stop again if the intersection can't be seen clearly from the white line or the stop sign position.

But traffic tickets are certainly not revenue enhancement..........no way, no how. This isn't even a close call as far as did he stop or not.

I'd put the ticket writer and his partner on bicycles for a few months as parking mama's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead of going to the media he should have went to court, let the cop commit perjury and then gone to the media and civil court if the cop wasn't at least fired. Civil court wouldn't get any money for such a minor thing but it would create a court record of his actions. If I ever win the lotto I'd create a not for profit who's sole goal was to take cases like these that just aren't worth it monetarily but are worth it to create a record of abuses.

A cop that will lie just for a traffic ticket will certainly lie when the stakes are higher.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
dafuq is going on in this thread?
View Quote

Cop says guy ran a stop sign.
Guy has video proof he didn't.
Police chief throws out the ticket but defends lying officer anyways.
OP apparently needs to respect someone, though it isn't clear who he should respect or what they've done to earn it.
Everyone is confused by the "show some respect" comment.
Site staff is told to show respect.
Bama grabs the ban hammer, a 6-pack, and starts heading towards the thread.  Pretty sure he's got wood.
Gotguns summarizes thread.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#37]
best $350 I ever spent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

Sarcasm?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Hahaha Jefferson Hills
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Bullshit ticket.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have dash cams in both of my vehicles. They both have inferred and motion detection for when you are parked.  I got them on Amazon for $145.00 each. Well worth it.
Road Mate Dash Cam
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#43]
This is a weird thread. What the hell are people angry at the OP for?  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a G1W.  Gets good reviews, and for $45, it's worth trying out.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing. There is a lot of stop signs like that in my area.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's also twisted sideways.  Makes it look like a stop sign for a side road coming in.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Nice cam. Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Show some respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really funny.

Show some respect.

Show some respect? Are you being serious or are you just a really shitty comedian?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is a weird thread. What the hell are people angry at the OP for?  
View Quote

Wednesday isn't the regular day for outing bad cops.  Butthurt is in abundance.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#50]
I saw a complete stop.............Cop is wrong, his boss is wrong
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top