Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2014 8:39:38 PM EDT

If Morris Knolls students were looking to open up a dialogue on culture or danger to women, that's not what happened, Morris Hills Regional School District James J. Jencarelli said.

And if they were looking to cause a disruption, that didn't really happen either, he said.
Instead, the school day went more or less as usual Friday, when some students staged a protest against the district's dress code, alleging it perpetuates rape culture.

An image of text distributed on Twitter by the @KnollsHeads account (which is not affiliated with the school) and others says students were "baring our shoulders to expose the truth."

"Our dress code bans 'suggestive clothing,' which perpetuates the myth that women are raped because of what they wear, that exposing their skin means they are 'asking for it.'" the image reads. "It also suggests male students cannot be held responsible for their behavior if presented with such 'distracting' clothing. This is rape culture. Why does the administration support it?"
View Quote

www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/06/protest_at_morris_knolls_hs_dress_code_promotes_rape_culture.html#incart_m-rpt-1
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It bans suggestive clothing so the boys only spend 90% of the day staring at ass and titties instead of the full 100%.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Walk around with your tits hanging out = freedom.  Walking around with your dick hanging out = perverted oppression.  I'm confused.

ETA as long as you don't look at the tits hanging out in front of you.  Then you're still a pervert.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
So, let me get this straight.

These girls were so afraid of the evil 'rape culture' and the way that the current school dress code tacitly admitted it existed, so they decided to rebel against the dress code and tempt the 'rape culture' knowing that they themselves would 'be to blame' and raped because the 'men couldn't control themselves'?

Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Walk around with your tits hanging out = freedom.  Walking around with your dick hanging out = perverted oppression.  I'm confused.
View Quote

Just don't stroke it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just don't stroke it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.
stop oppressing me

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.

Yolo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Dress em all up like they're in Iran.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
When you fail to educate kids, you shouldn't be surprised when you get stupid kids.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When you fail to educate kids, you shouldn't be surprised when you get stupid kids.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yolo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't stroke it.

Yolo.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Admin should just require everyone to wear slacks, shirt, tie and blazer.  Problem solved!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Admin should just require everyone to wear slacks, shirt, tie and blazer.  Problem solved!
View Quote

I noticed you omitted shoes.

Toe gazer.

Who let you out of that thread?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Our dress code bans 'suggestive clothing,' which perpetuates the myth that women are raped because of what they wear, that exposing their skin means they are 'asking for it.'" the image reads. "It also suggests male students cannot be held responsible for their behavior if presented with such 'distracting' clothing. This is rape culture. Why does the administration support it?"
View Quote

View Quote

They like rape?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They like rape?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They like rape?

Let's see, let's see, how should we rebel against a school which makes us wear clothes to prevent us from becoming victims of the 'rape culture'?

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Let's see, let's see, how should we rebel against a school which makes us wear clothes to prevent us from becoming victims of the 'rape culture'?

https://i.imgflip.com/9nfjg.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They like rape?

https://i.imgflip.com/9nfjg.jpg

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am so tired of living in bizzaro world.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I remember reading about a town in Vermont where teenage girls go naked during the summer. Seems like a sensible policy.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Todays not about bein disrespectful, its about telling the administration that the dress code is fuckin stupid and teaches the wrong lesson.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It bans suggestive clothing so the boys only spend 90% of the day staring at ass and titties instead of the full 100%.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#22]
How many of you have kids in high school. I drop off my Son sometimes in the morning and feel dirty after. Can you say Yoga pants, tights and micro skirts without wondering how a kid gets through the day?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#23]
No skinny jeans? I would be ticked off if I were a student there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ban ass and titties

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the sharia law in effect yet?
That's where the women are guilty of being raped.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
It just seems like another daily thing where someone is trying to get rid of something by linking it with something else that's totally unrelated. Dress code promoting rape culture = attention getter to try and provoke an emotion for morons to stand behind and agree with just to get their way and wear what they want. Anyone seeing the similar tactic put towards other subjects out there? It's like some person saying they want their own car lane created by the state because having to share the road with other drivers promotes accidents. It would definitely not have anything to do with avoiding all that annoying traffic. It's just common sense people. Blah blah, whatever.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
You boys pay a whole lot more attention to 21st century feminism than I do; help a sister out: is "blaming the victim" an integral part of the "rape culture" concept?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Burkas!

Burkas for everyone!!!

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#30]
De oppresso liber!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You boys pay a whole lot more attention to 21st century feminism than I do; help a sister out: is "blaming the victim" an integral part of the "rape culture" concept?
View Quote

being retarded is an integral part of most of these concepts
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Oh PUHLEEZE.

We should be able to wear whatever skanky clothes we want, and if the boys look, it's their problem, not ours.

Attention whoring is becoming the norm in this country.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am so tired of living in bizzaro world.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:04:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for taking your time to not answer my question.  Have a pleasant day.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Teenage boys do not learn for shit if they're stretching their neck to see a hint of bra or a peek at her panties.
Many teenage girls dress like sluts to get a rise out of the boys.
Teachers know which boys they can't call to the board because they're hiding raging boners due to whatever girl they're staring at that day, and which girls they can't invite to the board because she'd show way too much skin.

Dress codes do not promote rape culture, it means teenagers are just hormonal disasters and the school has to set some limits to maintain order.
More parents need to buy their kids' clothes from Land's End instead of Hollister.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

This needs to be repeated.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Apparently they want the freedom to disrupt the classroom environment by wearing suggestive clothing
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:20:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I think my highschool didn't have much of a dress code. There were many scantily clad chicks there.... no bare midriffs or really low cut cleavage baring stuff, but there wasn't a limit on how short shorts or skirts could be, or how clingy tops could be.

Other schools in the area called my highschool "hard-on heaven". There was always eye candy around.

An interesting counterpoint: If clothing causes rape... countries where women wear burquas should have no rape.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Oh PUHLEEZE.

We should be able to wear whatever skanky clothes we want, and if the boys look, it's their problem, not ours.

View Quote

99 problems, but that wouldn't be one.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Stare rape, mind rape, rape culture, why so much rape.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like rape.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's almost like feminists secretly want to be raped.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:32:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. Suggest that if women were to not hang out in sleazy bars until the wee hours, not get totally wasted, not wear clothing that shows more skin than not, and then not try and stumble back to their dorm rooms at 4 am to pass out that they may tend to get raped less often, and suddenly you're "blaming the victim".

Sort of like blaming the guy who walks through the lion pit naked, covered in ketchup, for getting eaten.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:35:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes. Suggest that if women were to not hang out in sleazy bars until the wee hours, not get totally wasted, not wear clothing that shows more skin than not, and then not try and stumble back to their dorm rooms at 4 am to pass out that they may tend to get raped less often, and suddenly you're "blaming the victim".

Sort of like blaming the guy who walks through the lion pit naked, covered in ketchup, for getting eaten.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you get the memo?

People should be able to do whatever dumbass thing crosses their mind with no negative consequences whatsoever and maybe a nice Participation trophy at the end.

Why do you hate freedom?

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

A simple "yes" would have sufficed, but thank you.  I suspected this was akin to the "slut walk" phenomenon.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:05:53 AM EDT
[#46]
"rape culture"
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:06:41 AM EDT
[#47]
If parents would parent, micro skirts and tank tops on 12 year wouldn't happen.

JMO, but any mother or father that would allow their teen to step out in slutty clothes isn't doing their job.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:18:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Are these kids from Joisey the ones with orange skin and pucker their lips a lot?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't care about this cause of the week nonsense.
If I were female, I would dress nicely and properly because I wanted to do so. Not because of what a male may or may not do.

I also think it is silly for some of these people to assume every male is a potential rapist simply because males have more invasive genitalia.
It is ignorant.

I think 'feminism' has simply run out of ideas.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:20:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top