Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2014 4:38:06 PM EDT
Can border States win a case against the federal government for failing to enforce immigration laws?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
lol no
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish!!!!1
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but if I was them I would be rounding up illegals and dropping them off in DC!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can border States win a case against the federal government for failing to enforce immigration laws?
View Quote
Californians passed prop. 187 to stop paying for illegals. Feds intervened, California sued to force feds to enforce immigration AND pay the state for all the illegals they are forced to support.

Basically feds said to FOAD.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They have a case, but no they cannot win.

If a state wanted to control their own borders like Texas or Arazona they'd have to kick out DHS and all their worthless ROE.

The state gov should activate the Natl. Guard and have them patrol the boarder and man OP/LP.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, but if I was them I would be rounding up illegals and dropping them off in DC!
View Quote

Would that be legal?  I would donate for fuel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
No, next question please.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes they have a good case no they can't win.  How do I answer your poll?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
FUCK zEROBAMA
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only if you don't get caught.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great idea, could drop them off right in front of the White House tell them their citizenship paperwork is in the big white building you just have to get past the fence to get to it and see how fast they flood the White House lawn.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
No. But they have a great case.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted no, but it's not because they have a bad case.
We looked into taking all of our illegals each quarter and busing them to Brownsville and dumping them at the border. The feds not only said no but fuck no. We were told that we as a local sheriff's office cannot enforce immigration law and we would be guilty of kidnapping if we did it.
Fuck the feds and fuck the Kenyan and his wookie wife
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I voted "they have a good case"

that being said, I have no faith that the justice system would decide in favor of standing law like it is required to.  

ETA:  If it was a wager of money, I'd have to say that the court would probably find that it's discriminatory or some other dumb claim and then overturn a bunch of standing law.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Obama is just a loser on the lowest level we have ever known.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Sure they have a case.  However, no court will entertain it.  

Hell, states can't even enforce their own immigration laws without the feds stopping them...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poll fail.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Based on negligence, yes.

Duty.  Is there a duty?  Yes.  Enforcement of federal law falls upon federal agencies.
Breach.  If there was a duty, was there a breach?  Yes.
Injury.  Was another party injured because of the breach of duty?  Yes.  Increased medical expenses, crime, jail, court costs, sanitation, etc.
Damages.  Monetary compensation for the costs accrued by the various jurisdictions (town, city, county and state) from defendant's breach of duty.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#19]
They have a case, but the feds don't care. They do whatever they want to do, Constitution be dammed. Been that way for a while.

Only one way to fix it, but, COC and all that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL NO.

even if they did win the civil case, the court would tell the fed to be good boys. The fed would ignore the court. It wouldn't change a thing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I miss the 10th Amendment.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  

Poll fail.

FBHO
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Does not matter. Obama will do what he wants. Congress will do nothing. Take years to work through liberal lower federal courts to SCOTUS and by that time Obama will be out of office and damage done. Even if SCOTUS hears it we know they certainly are a wild card now days and ideological driven now it seems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this idea a LOT.

Is it possible to drop them in Canada as well?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope. Any chance of having states rights went away when the South lost the war

I'll put money on it that with this administration they will not win.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#26]
With the Chicago mob running the DOJ? You gotta be puttin' us on!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#27]
In what court? FEDERAL court, the only court the states can technically sue in? The court that is run by the government, staffed by government appointees?

We're so fucked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes they have a good case.  No they will not win.  Law became a non-issue some time ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone just stopped and set aside all of the noise and really thought about WTF went wrong and how it was ever allowed to happen and still continue
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]
No, but there is a whole lot of empty desert in the South West which is very easy to get lost in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has anyone just stopped and set aside all of the noise and really thought about WTF went wrong and how it was ever allowed to happen and still continue
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I was talking to a legal Mexican immigrant today and he was telling me how pissed he was about this and that if they give them amnesty, he will most likely loose his job, because while he and his family like having their own place, and will work for no less than $10 an hour, these guys will live 20 to a house and work for minimum wage.

Quoted:
View Quote

Obama is what went wrong and his inability to deport minors, then telling the papers in the south to print ads telling them to come here quick so he can get amnesty passed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Let this sink in.
The first order of government before all else is the protection of its citizens.

The states formed the federal government not the reverse.
As a condition of the states agreeing to this formation of the federal government it was mandated to protect the states (all states) from invasion.
This agreement is in the constitution. Think of it as law because that's what it is. A contract with the states.

If the federal government fails to protect the states from invasion then it has no voice against the states protecting themselves.
If the federal government is purposefully derelict in its most important mandate then the contract is broken.
No need to ask for a  judgment from a government court when said government is unauthorized/invalid concerning the issue through default of contract.
The answer is in the constitution. States rights... States should reclaim them.
The answer... Reset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top