Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2003 8:09:01 AM EDT
Getting snipped.  Any suggestions, horror stories, etc?

(edited to say although this thread started beforehand, It's done now)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone care to discuss the current stage of "snip"
reversal technology?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck man!  LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
From expierience...follow the order to ice the boys and stay off your feet.  I didn't, and went and worked a 12 hr. shift the next day driving truck/forklift and unloading and lifting.  I woke up the next day and thought my nads had been replaced with baseballs!  Do yourself a favor and pull up a spot on the couch for a day or so.
Sleepy717
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Getting snipped.  Any suggestions...?
View Quote

Yeah, change your username to BLANKshooter...

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Is she really worth all that hassel?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is she really worth all that hassel?
View Quote

I hope "she" isn't the one who made the decision....or should I say, [i]incision![/i] [:D]

Well, at least you're being responsible about population growth.
If only some of those young, inner-city and suburban turds would get the vas. early in life, society would be better off.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't let anyone do this...[nuts]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#9]
My advise, while consulting with your surgeon, is to observe how steady his hands are[:D]

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Use bags of frozen vegetables instead of ice packs.  There not as cold, just rotate them every half hour/fourty five minutes or so.  The doctor prescribed Tylenol 3 for me.  I only took it for a day or too.  It's not that bad beleive me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#11]
i agree veggies are the best thing to use. keep the nads cold and stay off your feet. the best part about my vasectomy was this really hot nurse that works at my docs office asked if she could help and assist. i got to get naked and whip mr happy and friends out at her.it was real funny watching her try not to stare[sex]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My advise, while consulting with your surgeon, is to observe how steady his hands are[:D]

View Quote

[hijack_thread_mode] Good advice when looking for a new barber as well... [/hijack_thread_mode]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I think that would be messy.  Are we talking veggie medly here or should he leave them in the bag?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations...I had one three weeks ago. Only problem is that my doctor slipped and cut then end of my pecker off and one nut other than that everythings in good shape. [>Q] Just kidding! Everything went good. Afterwards be sure to wear something tight for 2/3 weeks so nothing flops around and for sure keep frozen peas, veggies, etc on you for 3 days if you can. Even if you feel no pain after say 3 days don't push it. Lay around for about a week and you'll recover faster. For me 3 weeks later playing racketball with no problem. Just take it easy and show it off to everyone and you'll do fine. It give a whole new meaning to "blue balls"!  [shock]

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Never had it done, but my day is coming soon, so I've done some research.

Make sure your doctor is going to use the method were he(she?) pokes a little hole and works though that rather than a bigger incission.  The recovery time is quicker and there is less chance for complications.  Seach "vasectomy" on the net for the proper name for this type.

Option #2:  Check out "Essure" on the net and see if you can't talk HER into doing this.  Safe as or safer than a vasectomy.  And you can still father children after TEOTWAWKI.

Kent
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Gargle with some scope several times before leaving for the procedure....the screaming will make your throat raw later...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]
NOTHING says "I'm alive" more than looking down between your legs on the operating table and seeing a puff of smoke come from the scrotal area.......
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I had it done a few years ago and as long as you follow the doctors instructions you will fine.

If I had it to do over I would not have done it. At the time I thought I had a good marriage of 14 years and now I am divorced.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Great, and here I hear you guys whine all the time about pre-ban and post-ban and how they took away all those evil features.
Who has to wear the blank-firing adapter?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I had the no cut/stitch method done in 98. Instead of cutting each side of the sack and then stitching it up they push a set of sharp forceps through the center ridge line. You can't even tell where the incision was and it bled very little.

I tell you when they cut the first vas you will feel like an elephant is standing on your nads. The feeling didn't last long but it knocks the wind out of you. Then you realize that they have to do the other side and the panic sets in. I was sweating buckets.

I stayed off my feet for four days but really only needed two. I think the worst part was no sex for 10 days afterward.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#23]
why do you want to do it?

tired of mr rubber?
you know he also keeps VD away!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't waste yer money on the Doc.  Stop by my house and I can take care of it in my garage.  It shouldn't take more then a 12 pack, my K-Bar, a soldering iron, and 5 minutes.

Whaddaya say????[;D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Been there done that wasnt bad, The Doc even prescribed a valium for me before I went to see him uhhh or him to see me hmmmmm which is it?[}:)] [}:)] Go slow I did the ice thing and it even kept the beer cold[;)] no probs good luck PG
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting snipped.  Any suggestions...?
View Quote

Yeah, change your username to BLANKshooter...

[:D]
View Quote

I can't believe this reply hasn't received any recognition yet.  I'm wiping down my keyboard and monitor now after reading it.

You made me waste perfectly good beer!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Piece of cake!!  I had it done on a Friday morn in '95.  I was scared to death.  Heard all the horror stories and such, even my father in law had swollen up like a rodeo bull and was off work for 2 weeks.  The doc gave my 2 vallium, take 1 at 8AM, the other at 10AM.  Be there at 10:30.  The first one didn't phase me.  I took the second at 10, and by the time I got to his office at 10:30, I wouldn't have cared if he had cut it all off.  I was flying high.  My wife went in and watched (I watched her give birth to our 2 kids, 1 natural, 1 c-section) and they had to carry me out to the car due to the meds.  I was propped up and watched everything.  I went home about 11:30, packed the boys in ice for the rest of the day, and the next morn had a rick of wood delivered.  I split it and stacked it and haven't slowed down since.  I small cut right down the middle, reached in and pulled the little tubes, cut and cauterized em, and 1 stitch.  I just wish I had done it years earlier!!  You won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went home about 11:30, packed the boys in ice for the rest of the day, and the next morn had a rick of [red]wood[/red] delivered.
View Quote

Well, I'm glad you recovered that quickly :)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#29]
ya SCOTTG brought up something i forgot all about.man you will freek when you look down and see your balls after the first nite.[shock] talk about blue balls..not like you got in jr. high . these will blow your mind. mine were so purple half of mr. happy was purple [shock].my wife was almost in tears she thought i was in agony but i took some vicodin and played it up..got lots of simpathy....it really doesn't hurt that bad....
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Although I couldn't get my insurance to pay for it you might want to have the Dr. to laser "AR15.com" on your sack. I'd bet you could upgrade your membership for free.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#31]
since mine was done in the doctors they billed it as a office visit/procedure.all we paid was the 10 dollar deductable.oh my wife said the sex gets a lot better. didn't think it was so bad before[sex]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I had absolutely NO problems.Swelling,pain,blue balls none.I heard horror stories from my brother in law about his boys swelling up like grapefuit,intense pain etc.I had none of that.I could easily have gone to work the next day but milked it to mama to get a day off.

My boys were just slightly sore but nowhere near pain.Mine was 1 incision only.Hell the worst part was smelling your skin burning.Once they gave me a shot till the end probably didn't take 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#33]
this just makes me cringe.

how can you let them cut on your balls!!!
Jesus!, i don't like it when my underwear is too tight.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't believe no one mentioned the shot!!
That was one Big assed syringe!![shock]

I think the sight of it was the worst part. Aside from that, it wasn't too bad.

Like everyone else said- do what the doc says, and take it easy.
good luck!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Like the man said, wear a tuxedo.
You gonna be impotent, you gotta look impotent.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#36]
This is NO SHIT - ( I' ex-Navy so I have the rights to use the previous statement)

Tell the Dr. before you start that you have had so many stitches over your young life that you've become desensitized to Novacaine.  Go on to explain that the old 1% soulution just doesn't do it for you any more and you've had to be sewn up with only a half load of local in the past.  Now tell him that you have learned that you need to make sure that all your health care providers know that you require 2% or more Nova or Xylocaine.

Trust me - you will thank me for this small bit of advice come Friday evening.  You haven't got anything to lose by asking the doc for double strength numb"nutz"
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Good Luck, I had mine done three months ago.  I go my test results back today for my three month sample and today is my first day of official sterility.  What a LOAD off my mind.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Screw the pain part. How much does it COST?
AB
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#39]
2 loaded chambers and co-pay.

co-pay depends on your insurance,.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No personal experience, but I've heard many guys say to absolutely follow the Doctor's orders regarding activity and application of ice afterward.  Don't over do it or you can have serious complications.  Good luck.  [BD]
View Quote

Totally agree, I ignored the doctor's advice and had to spend an extra week out of work. My balls really swelled up.
It is so nice not having to worry about birth control.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you going to change your name to BLANKshooter?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm having Deja Vu...

I'm having Deja Vu...

I'm having Deja Vu...

I'm having Deja Vu...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#44]
If you haven't already done it don't!  There are other ways of birth control out there.

I know its not the same as neutering a dog(as you are not having your testicles removed) but there has to be problems when certain fluids that may be essential to the prostrates good health are dammed up!

Maybe not I Vote No GO  stay natural!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Join the revolution.....I am now officially sterile also.....the valium shot in the office that was supposed to relax me, put me straight out......take it easy afterward.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the replies (and the IM's).  I have kids, and since I try to raise them right I can't afford the cost in money, time, and energy to have any more.

I'm having it done on friday, and have the weekend to lie around with books and the DVD player.  I'm buying peas and corn today.  Will it be ok to sit at the computer?

As to STD's, I'm married, and if that changes I can still wear a condom for away games.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Vasectomy?  No problem.  I had mine done and three months later I was fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies (and the IM's).  I have kids, and since I try to raise them right I can't afford the cost in money, time, and energy to have any more.

I'm having it done on friday, and have the weekend to lie around with books and the DVD player.  I'm buying peas and corn today.  Will it be ok to sit at the computer?

As to STD's, I'm married, and if that changes I can still wear a condom for away games.  
View Quote

I forgot to tell you that my doctor told me that you are not completely 'empty of the swimmers' until you get checked at the lab.  There is plenty of swimmers still in the system for about 15 or so ejaculates.  I got to the lab about 2 months later and checked out 'empty'.  It's very nice to know for sure and not have to worry about birth control.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, he told me I'm not clear until I submit two consecutive samples w/no swimmers.  Until then it's condoms.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I forgot to tell you that my doctor told me... There (are)plenty of swimmers still in the system for about 15 or so ejaculates.
View Quote

so that's what, about a day and a half?

i guess it must be like owning a machine gun that only shoots blanks.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top