Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 7:47:37 AM EDT
Looking to get some shirts for the kids (6&8) and the wife & I.
I am going to get 4 of them and bring them with us when we get a family portrait done. I think wthe wife will get a good laugh, but I am going to order a few of the pics and give them to my  inlaws.. I will post pics but it wont be for a few weeks..

Do people still wear these out in the wild? Been a few years since I been to a truck stop..

If you have one you like post a pic..

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Jeez
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
ONE wolf per shirt? Unacceptable!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Hipsters do, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF???

No dude.  Just hell no.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Going to a trailer park theme party?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
You obviously are not a native american, everyone knows you show native trucker pride with big rigs and big wolves on t shirts.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget the Elvis laser art Cleatus...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Gotta class this thread up.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I want to get something we can take a family portrait in..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Although it wasn't a shirt, one of the best truck stop trinkets I've seen is an Elvis dream catcher!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#19]
It's like a tattoo you can sweat through
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#21]
As I sit here in my cube wearing an Under Armor golf polo, camoflage Wrangler cargo shorts, no-see sock liners and grey Van's half cabs, I thank god that I'm not the only motherfucker on this board who has a complete lack of style.

Here we have someone who is looking for truck stop t-shirts, for a family photo, on purpose. I mean, I've got my fair share of vehicles with grass growing around them near the barn (and a Foxbody in the barn) but damn guy, just, damn.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I see a few other drivers wear them on occasion. Then you have the Peterskeeter fan bois. Both are entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#23]
When I drove I saw drivers in them occasionally.
Some of those guys do 100% of their shopping at truck stops and Wal-Mart, they never get home and/or when they do have things they'd rather do than go clothes shopping, generally speaking they buy the more ridiculous ones because they are on sale which because they are ridiculous tends to be often, and unlike most of Arfcom they don't give a shit what they look like.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Some of those guys do 100% of their shopping at truck stops and Wal-Mart, they never get home and/or when they do have things they'd rather do than go clothes shopping, generally speaking they buy the more ridiculous ones because they are on sale which because they are ridiculous tends to be often, and unlike most of Arfcom they don't give a shit what they look like.
View Quote

I don't give a shit what I look like, and I buy most of my clothes from Wal-Mart. Wearing truck stop tees is next level not giving a fuck if you do it on purpose.

ETA: This is almost "That group of Mexicans that hangs out in front of Lowe's in "I'm 60 and loving it!" hats and "Worlds Greatest Grandma" shirts level of not giving a fuck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#25]
For years this used to say, " Eat out at the Big Y Café"
The new owners nixed that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Buccee's is for high class truckers

its a little funny that they sell are sorts of food and candy
and not a single shirt in fat people sizes
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I forgot about those. They lined every beach in San Diego, in the 80's and 90's.  
View All Quotes

Yep. I was about 9-12 when I wore the hell out of them. I had the golf, poker, racing and baseball bats one.

Also Coed Naked was pretty good too. If I can find a BJ skateboards or assault rifles or something I will buy it and wear it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You say that like it's a good thing. You should have some standards.

And of course they care what they look like. They see something more fashionable and say "I'd never wear something like that!" and cast doubts upon the wearers masculinity. So yeah, there's always an image to project, even if you claim not to be trying to project one at all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Mother of God.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#30]
My first childhood job's paycheck was supplemented with these type of shirts. I was too bashful to let my boss know that I hated every one of them.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#31]
My grandma had this one on the other day.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I would wear them ironically, but I don't think I could pull the "ironic" part off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do people still wear these out in the wild?
View Quote

I've been a truck mechanic for 20 years and I can tell you for a fact that there are plenty of people who still wear this kind of stuff, and worse.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag for the Olan Mills family portrait
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit what I look like, and I buy most of my clothes from Wal-Mart. Wearing truck stop tees is next level not giving a fuck if you do it on purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with walmart clothing..
I buy alot of clothes at walmart (not all of them). One can buy nice looking clothes, I wear mostly slacks and a button down shirts, they look 100% identical to shopping at kohls or JCPenny.

But I admit they don't hold up well like buttons fall of easily, stitching comes undone ect over other brands..One can also get crappy looking clothes also at walmart..They really cater to all shoppers in that regard...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Beaver Nuggets!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've mentioned this before, but at my old university, a new hire (our new Dean of admissions) once surreptitiously followed me around the building because he thought I was a homeless guy who was looking for stuff to steal.  

We sat next to each other at an awards dinner a few weeks later, and he was all surprised and embarrassed to recognize the homeless guy and realize I was one of the research professors.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I sit here in my cube wearing an Under Armor golf polo, camoflage Wrangler cargo shorts, no-see sock liners and grey Van's half cabs, I thank god that I'm not the only motherfucker on this board who has a complete lack of style.

Here we have someone who is looking for truck stop t-shirts, for a family photo, on purpose. I mean, I've got my fair share of vehicles with grass growing around them near the barn (and a Foxbody in the barn) but damn guy, just, damn.

I've mentioned this before, but at my old university, a new hire (our new Dean of admissions) once surreptitiously followed me around the building because he thought I was a homeless guy who was looking for stuff to steal.  

We sat next to each other at an awards dinner a few weeks later, and he was all surprised and embarrassed to recognize the homeless guy and realize I was one of the research professors.  

It was probably your vibrams that made him suspicious.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#40]
wife pic in truckstop t-shirt not loading
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quick...someone post the clip with the trucker in Thelma & Louise!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Those don't count. Bucces doesn't allow truckers. Therefore, its not a truck stop.

Just as stupid though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

A 3 wolf American Flag T-shirt?  Your grandmother is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do even jealous bro?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's like a tattoo you can sweat through
View Quote

That is the perfect description.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's a great hat to match the shirt you choose.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#48]
If Zaminsky hates it, then you Must do it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You obviously are not a native american, everyone knows you show native trucker pride with big rigs and big wolves on t shirts.
View Quote

Bullshit. I'm American Indian and I only have one wolf shirt.

And it was because my white trash ex-wife's aunt bought it for me in Alaska. I've never worn it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#50]
holeefuck.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top