Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was a sailor.
View Quote

from Wikipedia:
Military career[edit]
Kris, under pressure from his family, ultimately joined the U.S. Army and achieved the rank of Captain. He became a helicopter pilot after receiving flight training at Fort Rucker, Alabama. He also completed Ranger School. During the early 1960s, he was stationed in West Germany as a member of the 8th Infantry Division.[10] It was during this time that he resumed his music career and formed a band. In 1965, when his tour of duty ended, Kristofferson was given an assignment to teach English Literature at West Point.[11] Instead, he decided to leave the Army and pursue songwriting. His family disowned him because of this decision and they never reconciled with him.[citation needed] They saw it as a rejection of everything they stood for, in spite of the fact that Kristofferson has said he is proud of his time in the military, and received the AVA (American Veterans Awards) "Veteran of the Year Award" in 2003.[12][13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

from Wikipedia:
Military career[edit]
Kris, under pressure from his family, ultimately joined the U.S. Army and achieved the rank of Captain. He became a helicopter pilot after receiving flight training at Fort Rucker, Alabama. He also completed Ranger School. During the early 1960s, he was stationed in West Germany as a member of the 8th Infantry Division.[10] It was during this time that he resumed his music career and formed a band. In 1965, when his tour of duty ended, Kristofferson was given an assignment to teach English Literature at West Point.[11] Instead, he decided to leave the Army and pursue songwriting. His family disowned him because of this decision and they never reconciled with him.[citation needed] They saw it as a rejection of everything they stood for, in spite of the fact that Kristofferson has said he is proud of his time in the military, and received the AVA (American Veterans Awards) "Veteran of the Year Award" in 2003.[12][13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a sailor.

from Wikipedia:
Military career[edit]

I take it you're not familiar with Highwayman?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
double
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Who flew the starship?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who flew the starship?
View Quote

Cash.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, try this one.  A little chicky, but of a similar vein.  Her voice really carries it for me.  I'm not particulary religious, but great tune:

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

from Wikipedia:

Military career[edit]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was a sailor.

from Wikipedia:

Military career[edit]

Maybe song lyrics aren't your forte.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a powerful song. Guy Penrod from the Gaither Vocal Band does an awesome cover of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That is a powerful song. Guy Penrod from the Gaither Vocal Band does an awesome cover of it.
View Quote
It's a powerful song, because it's sung by a non-believer who's damn near questioning his existence.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top