[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At least this thread is not about a subway sandwich,
View Quote
is it like a Hot Karl?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Whoever owns that shouldn't have it, probably a redneck dick.

Who drives a car like that through mud, over potholes, nearly sliding it into buildings and landscaping implements.

A car like that should be driven by someone willing to not tear it up.  Like me
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
MEH....I'm a Lambo man myself.........
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At least this thread is not about a subway sandwich,
View Quote

Lol. You weren't the only one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What is that car worth, $1M?
Deliberately drive it through a bunch of rocks, mud, and dirt???

That guy is nuts.  I won't even drive my '65 Mustang in the rain, and it's obviously not worth a small fraction of an Enzo.  I've put waaaaaay too much blood, sweat, busted knuckles, and never mind how much $ into that car
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That guy is nuts.  I won't even drive my '65 Mustang in the rain, and it's obviously not worth a small fraction of an Enzo.  I've put waaaaaay too much blood, sweat, busted knuckles, and never mind how much $ into that car
View Quote

If you can afford an Enzo, you can afford two.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what the underneath side looks like? Remember top gear where they went to Spain and drove on the abandoned airport runway. Just the debris at high speed ate a whole through the bottom of the Ferrari.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I could see maybe getting a little wild and crazy in the rain and mud in an old F355 or 512TR.....

But a goddamn Enzo? What the...fuck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a Rabbit with one of those beer cans on it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Seeing it again just turns my stomach thinking about the rock chips that car is suffering
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Better than driving it the mile from your summer home and parking it in the middle of the road in telluride just to show off. I love seeing these cars actually driven.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder what the underneath side looks like? Remember top gear where they went to Spain and drove on the abandoned airport runway. Just the debris at high speed ate a whole through the bottom of the Ferrari.
View Quote

I'm sure there was a good amount of damage to the leading edges and to the paint in spots..

Also runways are notoriously rough on cars.. Especially older used ones.. The agrigate is different or something but it chews up the cars and the paint bad.
When I was on Edelbrocks vintage car race team every time we ran on runways we would have to tape all the leading edges of the cars with the clear tape they use on the leading edges of helicopter blades... That stuff is ungodly expensive.. But those cars had show quality paint jobs and raced every weekend.. So we had to do what we could to take care of them. Each car would use about 1 1/2 rolls @ ~$400 per roll.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweeet ride!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm sure there was a good amount of damage to the leading edges and to the paint in spots..

Also runways are notoriously rough on cars.. Especially older used ones.. The agrigate is different or something but it chews up the cars and the paint bad.
When I was on Edelbrocks vintage car race team every time we ran on runways we would have to tape all the leading edges of the cars with the clear tape they use on the leading edges of helicopter blades... That stuff is ungodly expensive.. But those cars had show quality paint jobs and raced every weekend.. So we had to do what we could to take care of them. Each car would use about 1 1/2 rolls @ ~$400 per roll.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, I guess that stuff leaves no residue? I assume most of those cars had a healthy coat of wax on them as well, did you have to strip that off before applying?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit that looks fun!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#20]
His dad is going to be pissed.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Who drives a car like that through mud, over potholes, nearly sliding it into buildings and landscaping implements.

View Quote

gheyest statement made today
sad truth is 90% of super car owners fail to utilize the car to its capabilities.
fucking drive it       garage queens are for faggots
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]
well at least its not on fire..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
His dad is going to be pissed.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

sad truth is 90% of super car owners fail to utilize the car to its capabilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My old boss owned a Ferrari 360 Modena.  Beautiful car.  I kept bugging him to take me to lunch in it.

One nice day, I saw the Ferrari in the lot, and went to him, said, today would be a great day to take me to lunch in your car.  He pulls out the keys, and says, This Ferrari?  I said yes.

He tosses me the keys and says let it warm up for about 5 min before you jump on it hard.

TO be honest, it took 5 minutes to figure how to get it in reverse...

But from that point on....

Let's just say I fractured a speed limit or 2.

1/2 hour later, I park his car.

The next day, talking to another owner of the company, the first guys best friend.  I asked him how he liked driving Tim's ferrari.  He said, I have never driven it.  

I asked the owner why he never let his best friend drive it, but let me.

He said, I knew you would drive it like a Ferrari.  

When he traded it in for his Ferrari 450, I got to drive it as well.  Launch control on that was amazing.

Yeah, it was a little faster than the 360 Modena.  

TXL

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]
The 288 GTO was originally designed for Rally Competition, IIRC.

To say nothing of the legendary Lancia Stratos.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The 288 GTO was originally designed for Rally Competition, IIRC.

To say nothing of the legendary Lancia Stratos.  
View Quote

oooooo

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're only things, man.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^^

If you can afford to buy the car, you can afford to drive the damn thing. What good is 700hp if you just drive it to the grocery store and back?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and some IDIOT is bound to hit you while texting and driving..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top