Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 2:01:59 PM EDT
Deciding between 22 Jump Street, Neighbors, Godzilla, and A Million Ways to Die in the West. Tell me which one to see. Go.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good, just saw that Friday night.  Don't know about the ones you listed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
22 Jump Street. First one was really good, so I'd lean towards that one.

Godzilla was mediocre I hear.

I hate Seth MacFarlane. He's not funny and all of that shit they showed in the previews for that movie was so forced and stupid.

If you haven't seen it, go see Edge of Tomorrow instead of any of those. It is a freaking awesome movie.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Godzilla.

Ken Watanabe's (Japanese phd guy) face was 98% fixed in this "HOLY sh!t . . . what the hell are we going to do now?!  Game over man!"

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Of those, Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla in that order.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My Wife, Daughter and I are gonna sit down and watch "The Great Race".....the one with Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
22 Jump isn't funny.  Most of it is boring.  There are a few humorous spots.  Mostly it is humor for 12-year-old boys.

Neighbors is boring.  Sat in front of a bunch of young guys.  They rarely laughed.  It is a dog.

Die in the West?  Reviews are mixed but mostly down.  Most of the funny stuff is in the previews.

My vote is for:

Godzirra!

Edge of Tomorrow was good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you haven't seen it, go see Edge of Tomorrow instead of any of those. It is a freaking awesome movie.
View Quote

Just saw it this afternoon.

Highly recommended.

Makes you think just enough to be entertaining and the non-stop action keeps you tuned it.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
i saw 22 jump street the other night. i loved the first one, it was pretty amazing so i thought the second would be okay. turns out the second one was actually funnier than the first.

i left the movie with pains in my stomach from laughing so hard. some seriously funny shit. jonah hill is kind of annoying so i don't like him, but channing tatum was phenomenal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Highly recommended.

Makes you think just enough to be entertaining and the non-stop action keeps you tuned it.

TRG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly recommended.

TRG

Listen to The Goat.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing that's currently out is worth seeing in theaters, IMO.

But if I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Godzilla.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Highly recommended.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Highly recommended.

TRG
I know it, between Edge and Oblivion, I might give Cruise a pass for being a complete kook if he keeps this up.  It's nice seeing unique sci-fi movies again.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like it'll be Edge of Tomorrow so far. May wait for the others at redbox.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#13]
edge of tomorrow. its fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know it, between Edge and Oblivion, I might give Cruise a pass for being a complete kook if he keeps this up.  It's nice seeing unique sci-fi movies again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly recommended.

TRG

I like most of his stuff, too.  Valkyrie was just too much Scientologist "let's do this!" attitude from TC, but Oblivion and Edge were entertaining.  Edge had humor, drama, visuals, etc.  Even wifey enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i saw 22 jump street the other night. i loved the first one, it was pretty amazing so i thought the second would be okay. turns out the second one was actually funnier than the first.

i left the movie with pains in my stomach from laughing so hard. some seriously funny shit. jonah hill is kind of annoying so i don't like him, but channing tatum was phenomenal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly recommended.

TRG

I didn't like oblivion but Edge of tomorrow was really good and I really liked that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Stay home make popcorn and dial in to arfcom...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Deciding between 22 Jump Street, Neighbors, Godzilla, and A Million Ways to Die in the West. Tell me which one to see. Go.  
View Quote

Godzilla was pretty good, AMWTDITW was God awful.  Tried soooo hard to be funny, fell flat on its face.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Godzilla was one of THE SHITTIEST movies I've ever seen. Seriously, it sucked.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw Edge of Tomorrow yesterday.

It's the first movie I've seen in a LONG time that I want to go back and watch again in the theater.

Really good movie.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]
22 jump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top