Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
UPS ran over my buddy's goat last week.  When will their violent ways end?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You implication is that a person has to be injured to defend himself. If Zimmerman hadn't been visibly injured, would he not have a defense case?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are the pictures of the UPS drivers injuries?

Oh, there are none?

You sound like the Trayvon crowd. Think about it.

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

The homeowner could feel threatened at a UPS guy wielding a box cutter too......especially a guy who is slashing up said homeowners dogs

Drop the knife!......Drop the Knife ......BANG BANG BANG!

You implication is that a person has to be injured to defend himself. If Zimmerman hadn't been visibly injured, would he not have a defense case?

The Zimmerman case is irrelevant

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]
my UPS and Fedex guys have dog biscuits
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Front yard, invisible fence, lol.

Keep control of your dogs and bad things won't happen to your dogs. Simple really.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A lot more would be shot if UPS/USPS allowed their delivery people to carry guns.
View Quote

how the fuck was it I delivered pizza in one of the shittiest areas of florida and never got bit?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have never met a Great Dane that wasn't a HODOR of dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What type of extra special short bus snowflake attacks a Great Dane? That's like starting a knife fight with Gandhi.

I think the Great Dane came to him.

I have never met a Great Dane that wasn't a HODOR of dogs.

Why do you assume that anyone else has experience with Great Danes?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It would make the case much more difficult.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

The homeowner could feel threatened at a UPS guy wielding a box cutter too......especially a guy who is slashing up said homeowners dogs

Not if I were on the jury and was privy to all the other info they had. In this case here, I don't have the info, but a person needn't be injured to defend himself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

how the fuck was it I delivered pizza in one of the shittiest areas of florida and never got bit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot more would be shot if UPS/USPS allowed their delivery people to carry guns.

Because everyone doesn't have shit happen to them..
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

Or it would have been a slam dunk for a guilty verdict.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not if I were on the jury and was privy to all the other info they had. In this case here, I don't have the info, but a person needn't be injured to defend himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

True.  But you need to show that you were in danger of your life.  The kid had no weapon and if you show no visible signs of injury, you are just making your defense that more difficult.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't work for my neighbor.   He tried to befriend my male dog.   Brought him a hunk of ham leg to try to get him to stop barking at him.   Smokey took the ham dropped it in the yard and walked right back over to bark at him like he was insane!   Why does he hate this neighbor?   Because he hates this guy's mower for some reason and since he is the one who holds the mower, he is the one Smokey hates.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I think perhaps one of the scariest moments of my life was when I was 15 working as a bag boy.  I was collecting shopping carts when I walked near a car with two dogs in it that went absolutely ape shit.

I am fairly sure if they had gotten out of that car, I would have died that day.  With that said I am in the dog boarding business and love dogs down to my bones.

I would not hesitate for a second to kill a dog that responded to me like those two in the supermarket parking lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Same thing, just a different "my baby" that "didn't do nothin"
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#15]
my fedex ground guy buys special organic biscuits for my golden and had a habit of backing in, opening the back doors and letting my dog hop up and hunt for his snack. one day the regular guy was out sick and his substitute drive backed in opened the back door and the next thing I know he is running across the yard like he seen a ghost. come to find out he was deathly afraid of dogs
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

I can see how you could mistake Trayvon = Dog

Just like  Sister = Wife

Same exact fucking thing right?

Sheesh

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

True.  But you need to show that you were in danger of your life.  The kid had no weapon and if you show no visible signs of injury, you are just making your defense that more difficult.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly to be talking about it in this thread, but he needed only to show that a reasonable person might FEAR for their life in his situation, not that their life WAS in danger. Done with Zimmerman now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just like  Sister = Wife

Sheesh

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Just like  Sister = Wife

Sheesh

Gimme me a break and stop being obtuse. I was using him to illustrate a germane point.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#19]
No mace....
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#20]
tie up your dogs or pay the consequences..

no sympathy here.
UPS guy should have not made the delivery at all if there is a dog problem.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you knew me you'd know shit happens to me. i came close once. some douche in longwood wouldn't control his dogs and i black listed his house because of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe I have posted about it before, but years ago my Dane got out of the fence one day and got into the UPS truck.  My wife (now ex) worked for UPS so we got deliveries daily, I guess he got used to seeing the brown truck.  The poor driver called me and I had to go get him out of the truck and back into the fence.

He just wanted to hang out, super friendly like most danes but I am really glad the driver that day wasn't a hot head and handled it the way that he did.  I can certainly appreciate him not wanting to try to pull a 200 lb dog he doesn't know out of his truck.

This story is a real shame, and people suck.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#24]
It's bastages like this that need to have the snot sued out of them and put in jail.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don't have to get injured to defend yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i get a lot of deliveries. that is one big reason i have cameras around my property. That motherfucker would have been met with a biblical ass whooping the next time i saw him. sometimes it really is worth the ride.

Yes!

I want to know what injuries the driver sustained to justify his actions. I'm betting none.

You don't have to get injured to defend yourself.

Its a dog, not a man with a gun. Walk away and tell the owner to come pick up their package at the package center.
If he was hands on close and didn't get bit the whole thing is bull shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah how dare people protect themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's bastages like this that need to have the snot sued out of them and put in jail.

The driver did not protect himself.  The dogs were behind an invisible fence; the driver crossed the invisible fence and attacked the dogs.  

You obviously did not read the part how the neighbor witnessed the entire attack.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The driver did not protect himself.  The dogs were behind an invisible fence; the driver crossed the invisible fence and attacked the dogs.  

You obviously did not read the part how the neighbor witnessed the entire attack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds legit. UPS driver attempts to deliver package, sees two dogs and decides to chase them and down and slash them for no reason whatsoever, all makes perfect sense.

The UPS driver was there doing his job, he was summoned by the property owners more than likely so he was within the confines of the law being on their property.

If you ask me, the UPS driver attempted to make a delivery, did not see the dogs at first and by the time he did it was too late. The dogs more than likely charged him causing the end result. The mutts are lucky they got off with a few cuts and not a fmj to the face.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep your dogs under control and shit like that won't happen.

I don't blame the guy one bit.  Fuck irresponsible dog owners.  A UPS man should not have to worry about getting bit at every third house because the owner says, "they're sweet.  Don't worry."  Yeah, they're sweet to you.  

Did I mention fuck irresponsible dog owners?  If the dog was close enough to get slashed, the dog owner was irresponsible.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a Great Dane. Awesome dog but worthless when it comes to home protection. Rates right down with the black Lab I had as a kid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I say we go get em
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So do mine.  My three GSD's go ape-shit when we get a delivery, they're all chow-hounds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Throw pizza at dog run.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I believe we all should chain our dogs to a tree like they do in the ghetto that way NO ONE will get hurt.

never let your dog run free,  yes that means no dog parks,  no taking them for a run,  no swimming in the lake NOTHING KEEP YOUR DOG tied up,  in fact tie all 4 legs together............

that's pretty much what I get from GD forum.........

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Did the driver know that there was an invisible fence?  There was a sign in plain view.   However, the driver was probably illiterate.   Or else he did see the sign and attacked the dogs anyway
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Keep your pets up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was bitten last week.   Sumbitch  got between my truck and the box.  Nailed me on three fingers when I put the mail in the box.

If we were allowed to pack I would have sent that dog to doggy heaven.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Then what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we go get em

Then what?

Take him to Five Guys Burgers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was bitten last week.   Sumbitch  got between my truck and the box.  Nailed me on three fingers when I put the mail in the box.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A neighbor has an aggressive dog whom I genuinely thought was going to bite me.  Aggressive and come on my property.  I've called animal control and the sherriff's office and they give about as much of a shit as you'd expect a government agency to.  

I don't want to shoot it, but if it charges me again on my property, I'm going to protect myself.

I fucking hate irresponsible dog owners.  Can't imagine how UPS drivers and mail carriers don't get bit more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You know, I'm thinking that LEOs should look at how delivery guys deal with dogs, since they have interactions with them alot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we go get em

Then what?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Not enough info on the story so I have no opinion.  Now if my adult female Dane (also have a 6 month old) were to come at you it would scare the shit out of you!  140 lbs of don't be around my house bitch!  I don't know how far she would go with an attack but I wouldn't fuck with her!

Now if my Mini Schnauzer comes at you expect to get bit!  It's just the way she is until she gets to know you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I believe we all should chain our dogs to a tree like they do in the ghetto that way NO ONE will get hurt.

never let your dog run free,  yes that means no dog parks,  no taking them for a run,  no swimming in the lake NOTHING KEEP YOUR DOG tied up,  in fact tie all 4 legs together............

that's pretty much what I get from GD forum.........

View Quote

Not at all, just use a little common sense when you have an animal capable of doing serious harm. That means putting your dogs on a chain when you know the UPS man is coming.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I like my mail lady, my UPS guy, and my Fed Ex guy.  I make them work for their money between the boxes of ammunition or pure lead I order.  I don't expect them to have to deal with my 4 dogs, because while I know they are gentle and kind hearted, they bark and carry on in a way that makes one wonder if they are friendly or not.

So I keep them inside when I'm not home, and I walk out to receive deliveries if I am home.  I've also spoken to all three so they know it's quite all right with me if they leave my packages at the end of my sidewalk since that's outside of my invisible fence.

Protecting the dogs is my responsibility.  I'm not condoning the actions the UPS driver made, simply saying there was no reason for him to even have access to the dogs in the first place.  That's on the owner.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top