Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 7:18:26 PM EDT
anybody watch it tonight?  what did ya think?  i thought it was pretty good.  i have been waiting for the new season to start.  looks like its gonna be good next week 2.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent show...raw...gritty...realistic...pisses ya off and makes you think.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I saw it. Awesome. Seems kinda strange in retrospect that they were afraid to bring their guns into Mexico, but they were willing to sneak a bullet-riddled car with a drugged-out coke dealer and $400,000 in the trunk back into the US. More realistic then most of the cop shows, though.

And they put it on right after 24 too! What a night of suspense.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Tonights episode stole part of the plaot from an actual event.

There was a recent case where some DEA agents basically kidnapped someone in Mexico and brought them back to the US. The DEA agents got in trouble. But the Courts ruled the manner in which the suspect found himself in the US was irrelevant, the warrant was still valid, so they kept him in custody.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sheeeeet, I missed the show [:(!]

I have a 0830 to 1700 job and ended up working, 0830 to 0030! [:(!]

Did anyone tape this? Is it going to be re-shown?

edited to fix smiley
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry.  FX will be running it a few more times this week.

I also like it a lot.  It's one of the few shows I've really been looking forward to seeing this season.  On tonight's episode, I thought covering up the bullet holes in the car with bumper stickers was a pretty inventive idea.

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry.  FX will be running it a few more times this week.

I also like it a lot.  It's one of the few shows I've really been looking forward to seeing this season. [red] On tonight's episode, I thought covering up the bullet holes in the car with bumper stickers was a pretty inventive idea.[/red]

USPC40

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote
.......Yeah,cops are pretty good at covering their ass's when doing illegal stuff, they probabaly learn it from the crooks they catch.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the show a bunch - but doesn't it seem like it's just a cross between the Soprano's and NYPD Blue?

Anyway... edited to say that I'd nail Officer Sofer.

[center][img]http://www.five.tv/theshield/images/pic.dent.gif[/img][/center]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Excellent show...raw...gritty...realistic...pisses ya off and makes you think.
View Quote

Amen. Sometimes that show is just brutal.

What I find amazing about the writing and the acting is that no matter what Mackey does that is bad, you still think of him as the good guy, and he's still out to enforce the law.

The contradiction and the way they handle it is perhaps the most delicious part of the show...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

edited to fix smiley
View Quote

I taped it,I hit the sack at 10:00 havent watched it yet.

It should be shown again

They should show it again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
its going to be aired again on sunday at 10pm.  if you liked the show last season you should definatly watch.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, it's weird.  I love the show, and I consider Mackey a "good guy" and am "rooting" for him in the show.  Even though usually I am quick to get pissed off at JBTgery and other random cop crap in the news and stuff.  And he is definitely doing alot of bad stuff in the show.  Like I said, it's wierd...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Alot of the plots deal with Mackey's cohorts (Shane and the blonde one) screwing up somehow and Mackey bailing them out.

If I was a writer for The Shield, I'd kill off Mackey's two idiot assistants, pair him up with Dutch and the gay cop, and have them share an apartment.  Throw in a big slobbering, flatulent dog, too.

Round things out with a midget cowboy, a boxing kangaroo, and a full-time Elvis impersonator and you'd have MUST SEE T.V.!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top