Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2014 12:14:57 PM EDT
Remember all those dashcam videos from Russia. The ones where the FSA would throw themselves in front of cars for the insurance money.

This is in California. I think it's time I invest in a Dashcam.

Good ole Live Leak.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19d_1402796820
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
....... Fuck people
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
....... Fuck people
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
....... Fuck people
View Quote

Doesn't matter what you do, someone will try and fuck you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
As more and more people invest in Dashcams, I can see us competing with Russia for the best videos.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
And, of course, the cops were ready to stick it up his ass.

Can you prove yourself innocent, Citizen?

Thank goodness he could.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to this thread I bought a G1W and it's been in my car ever since. So far I got  a car swerving into my my lane without checking blind spots or using turn signals and a near collision on someone running a red.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks to this thread I bought a G1W and it's been in my car ever since. So far I got  a car swerving into my my lane without checking blind spots or using turn signals and a near collision on someone running a red.
View Quote

6 page thread: can you help us out here and post a link to what you bought?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]
all the wittiness are in on it.......
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember seeing footage (IIRC NYC bus) that had got in a wreck, someone else just happened to film it from nearby.

A bunch of "bystanders" rushed into the bus after the crash and claimed to have been injured while riding inside.

The footage proved them all to be frauds.

Yes,
Fuck people
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=g1w
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I had some FSAer hide behind the tree next to my driveway waiting on me to back out.  Tree's about 4 feet from the drive way entrance/exit, and he must have seen me leaving the house and ducked down.  Started backing up and out of now where I hear this Uhhh noise.  I stop, get out and this FSAer is limping and shit. At first I thought I hit him, but then it dawned on me he was grabbing the wrong leg.  I was nice to him, asking if he needed medical help and when he looked up at me he saw my neighbor standing right there.  My neighbor (good ole boy who has unfortunately moved away) saw the whole thing.  Once the FSAer saw my neighbor he was all like "I'm good brotha, gotta get to my momma's house."  He took over jogging down the block.  Dumb SOB A-hole. Ever since then I back into my driveway so I can see clearly see everything in front of me when I pull out.  Definitely want to get one of those G1W.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If they jumped in front of my truck I'd make good and damn sure they got hit and then some.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, was the "victim" charged with anything?  How about his buddies who were witnesses?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I watched a bum run into a car one night. He was standing next to a pole with a paper rack.
He watched the car in front of me turn the corner, then ran into it. He was giving some 3rd shift nurse
a whole slew of shit until I told them "That bum ran into the side of your car. I called the cops".
He ran like a rabbit. The nurse didn't want to be late for work, so she took off.

I waited for a few minutes, then left. Who knows what would have happened if I kept going???
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool, now we can have the Dash Cam Olympics.

Both nations are ripe with corruption and communism now, so it should be about even.

Bob Costas,  "And this year's entry for the US in Pedestrian flipping comes from California. Normally our best athletes in this sport come from Detroit, but La-Shantaquavius Deshonda Jones from Oakland really nailed that double back flip. Speaking of Detroit, here's last year's winner, just out of rehab, Leroy Holmes. Glad you could join us Leroy."

Leroy Holmes, " You kno Dat Rite. My mayne man Mista Jones, and that's LaDASHantaquavius, cuz da dash don't be silent Bob, you kno that fool got some air. I think the reason cause dat Honda was doin bout one fotay when my mayne stepped out to da skreet. He just come out da licka sto, and that hard left lean allowed his body geometry to get da lift necessary to maybe win dis event. You kno he got dem extra points cuz he ain't spill a damn drop o da 40 oz when he hit da skreet. I thank he might be done took Ivan outta foist place"

Bob Costas, " Yes Mr. Jones certainly was impressive, with very little if any give when he hit the car, just a real solid bounce, very springy, the way only the pros do. Remember though, Ivan didn't get the height on his jump, but he got about 300 more feet in distance than Mr. Jones, and the icy surface , while it helped in some ways, really added some difficulty to the seven triple lutz combos he did, plus, he was still drinking vodka as they carried him off. I will say the distance , while impressive, may not count as much, since it was a semi truck instead of a passenger car."

Leroy Holmes, " Tru Dat Bob, Tru Dat."

Bob Costas, " Now a word from our sponsor, Go Pro."
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone pick me out a nice camera on Amazon  and post it here. I hate picking stuff out!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Yet another reason not to invest in nice-looking autos.  Makes you a target.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm using a G1W-C in my truck currently. So far I've recorded a few drivers being asshats on the road but it's only time before it captures a major accident. Hell, while waiting for the dashcam to arrive, my truck was almost destroyed by some stupid bitch running the red light. I had the green left turn light and she just barrels through the intersection. Missed my truck about a foot or so. I am absolutely sure if she did hit my vehicle, she'd claim it was my fault. Fuck these asshat drivers. These cheap dashcams are worth it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

This thing, I think, unless there's multiple G1W Dash cams out there.

There's a unit that looks very much like it on Newegg for $35.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

techmoan channel on youtube posts a boatload of dashcam reviews

e.g.

... and he caught this:

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I am getting one. Even for actual accidents, anyone remember the guy who was charged with running a red light until he showed the footage?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Got one in my truck 6 months ago.
2 weeks after I had put it in the truck some asshole ran into the side of my truck and claimed it was my fault.

Video was all the cop needed to see.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw one a while back when I ended up on the weird side of youtube where the doofus tried to jump on the guy's hood, but the guy was quick and reversed out from under him [lucky there was nobody behind him, I guess].  Anyway the Doofus was still rolling around on the ground, so the driver gets out and says, wstte: Hey I know this is a scam, but if you cut me in for 25% I'll go along with it.  The doofus is instantly cured, stands up and agrees [Still on camera].
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#25]
People for the most part are worthless fucking shit.

I used to think my father was crazy for always telling me growing up "people are animals" and "everyone is out to fuck you".

Now that I'm in my 50s I see that he was correct.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo76bkytA3o
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo76bkytA3o

There's now a G1WH now that's less conspicuous for about the same price with a wider angle view. Pro tip: Set screen saver to 3 minutes so the display turns off and stops distracting you. The little red LED will still blink so you know it's recording.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#27]
It helps to have a sympathetic cop.

Several years ago in traffic school the instructor (an LAPD cop) told this story: He arrived at a 2 vehicle TC where 5 people were lying in the street groaning. He caught the other cop's nod and they separated the two drivers. After talking to them for a minute the other cop called over and yelled, "Hey, this lady's insurance is expired. How about the other guy?" "Nope, he doesn't have any insurance either."
Immediately 5 people got up and walked away!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm thinking 5-10 mil less FSA types would be a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It.  Just.  Makes.  Sense.  To.  Buy.  A.  Dashcam.  

I had this experience a week after buying mine.  It just makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

As more and more people invest in Dashcams, I can see us competing with Russia for the best videos.
View Quote
Just saw them being sold at Costco yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OP, was the "victim" charged with anything?  How about his buddies who were witnesses?
View Quote

I have no idea. I would like to know also. Where I live they would have arrested the guy and the witness's on the spot for lying to the police. The driver of the car made a wise decision on investing in a Dashcam. It clearly saved his butt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
all the wittiness are in on it.......
View Quote

That's exactly what it looks like.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....... Fuck people

I'm sickened by it. The older I get, the more I can see why people go postal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#34]
new review of good camera:

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
new review of good camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWOq62cY6U
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Remember all those dashcam videos from Russia. The ones where the FSA would throw themselves in front of cars for the insurance money.

This is in California. I think it's time I invest in a Dashcam.

Good ole Live Leak.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19d_1402796820
View Quote

that kind of shit has been going on forever here. we've got plenty of opportunistic shitheads and plenty of lawyers.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Cool, now we can have the Dash Cam Olympics.
View Quote

The Russians are going to have "Helping Old Ladies Across The Street" locked down tight.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#38]
tag
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

tag
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Good to have for liability protection.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Doubt they arrested anyone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#43]
In on this one for a future purchase.  Those of you that have cameras, do you need to download the video every night?  Or does it record over what you already had recorded?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
What a piece of shit - the pedestrian.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh, The pictures of iCarly (who's now 21) were more interesting. I remember my kids watching her show, and now she's all grown up, and I now feel ashamed..
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#46]
This used to be common in the late 80's . There was also a phenomenon called suicide by truck also.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In on this one for a future purchase.  Those of you that have cameras, do you need to download the video every night?  Or does it record over what you already had recorded?
View Quote

It records over the oldest block of video a bit at a time.  So you always have the last 30 minutes, last hour etc... depending on the size of your card.

You only need to download it if you want to save a clip.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Good.

For my own protection, I fully intend on installing security cameras in my car and everywhere in and around my home (except the bathroom). I'm not taking any chances.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#49]
I just want to see one video where one of these get used to teach a valuable lesson.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top