User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 5:47:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I think its a great concept that most probably has already been tried/perfected, kinda like the internet before us regular folk got wind/a hold of it. I remember basic,cobalt,and fortran code way back when. As to whom created us humans, well thats to controversial. But I doubt it was "ANYONES GOD" that is now """worshiped""".
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Can I pick the womenz who get cloned?

Can we use me, as the Human Dipstick for implanting the fertilized egg into the womenz?

And for cleaning up, afterwards?

Eric The(BeRightThere!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
ilikelegs, you sir are the master of the photoshop. That is funny as hell!!    Russell
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If I could, I would
 A: have Elizabeth Taylor cloned over and over, every year, that way I could have an endless supply of her as an 18 year old.
 B: clone myself as anacephalic, that way I could have endless supply of spare parts, without any legal hassles.
 hedonistic Lebrew.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I am against reproductive cloning but couldn't be more in support of research into and the use of medical cloning...ie, grow a new arm, heart, kidney, whatever. I don't think it would be such a bad thing to grow full human clones of our selves sans the brain (so they would be just a husk) for use as space parts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Santa,

Please clone me Jennifer Aniston.  I have been very good this year.

Thanks.

AZTrooper
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I've actually recently read someinteresting information concerning cloning and the sheep "Dolly" (No sexually perverse jokes please.  I know you guys only too well.)  Apparently she is showing early signs of arthritis in her otherwise young sheep-body.

Further research showed that the DNA / Genetic Goop used to clone her came from a 8 Year old sheep.  Dolly was 4 at the time.  The arthiritic inflamation was consistent with that of similar 12 year old sheep.  Hmmm?

Science back to the drawing board...

After even more research it was discovered that some of the cells duplicated through the cloning process contained stuff that aged with the animal.  So when Dolly was born, her cells were already 8 Years old.

So, possibly these babies contain the cells of 20-30 year old people, therfore shortening their lifespan by 20-30 years.

I'm sorry I can't quote the research source, but I will try to find and post it here.

Other concerns relating to the clones:

Souls:  If you believe in them, do they have one?  Does (insert your favorite deity here) dole out souls to children he / she doesn't approve of?

Organ Harvest:  This seems like a genuinely appropriate use for clones, but how far is too far?  Cloning whole folks for "farming", or just cloning individual organs in nutrient baths?

Hows that to get you thinkin'?

- Nw -
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey...I like that ideal about growing another arm!! My luck it'd be the left one that sprouted...then I'd be like someone with two left feet:-)...Russell
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#16]
My only objection to cloning is the same as any other fertility treatment, all of which I oppose; excess population.  Any life saving measure or fertility enhancement needs to be offset by an equal or greater effective limit on immigration or improved birth control.  To me America would be a far better place with vastly fewer problems at a population of 100 - 150 million MAX.

Growing clones for spare parts is a great idea, I hope it comes to pass.  Will be a great thing IF population impact is dealt with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I say go for it if that's what they want to do, but you fuck with nature enough, it's gonna fuck with you right back.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#18]
[i]Only if they clone millions of the finest women with no mental issues[/i]

Impossible. Mental issues are inherent with the design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top