Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 3:17:28 PM EDT
Anti-Gun Bills Introduced in General Assembly

A bevy of gun bills have been introduce in the Pennsylvania General Assembly. Following is a list of those gun bills, and their intent.

HB-16 By L. I. Cohen, Bishop, M. Cohen, Curry, Frankel, Josephs, Michlovic, Thomas, C. Williams And Youngblood—Legalizes the State Police (Registration) Record of Sale Database, Provides for a definition of "collector"; for the sale or transfer of firearms (One Gun a Month; and imposes a duty to report lost or stolen firearms.

HB-346 By Bishop, Youngblood, C. Williams, Washington, Thomas, Rooney, Michlovic, Horsey, Laughlin, Freeman, Frankel, Corrigan, L.I. Cohen, Water, J. William and D. Evans.

Requiring Firearms training before applying for a license to carry a firearm. Certification required by State Police for anyone to hold training classes.

HB-662 By C. Williams, Corrigan, Kenney, Sturla, Bebko-Jones, bishop, Caltagirone, M. Cohen, curry, Frankel, Hennessey, Josephs, Michlovic, Preston, Rubley, Stetler, Thomas and Youngblood.

Mandating the tracing of all firearms recovered by the state police from anyone under 21 years of age to determine how a person under 21 years of age acquired the firearm. Bill also requires the state police to maintain a registry of all information reported in accordance with this section. Requires that all traces be done through the National Tracing Center.

HB-735 By Frankel, Bishop, L.I.Cohen, Costa, Curry, Michlovic, Robinson, Rooney, Thomas, Washington and C. Williams, Increasing the penalty for failure to transfer a firearm at a gun show through a licensed gun dealer.

HB-736 By Frankel, Bishop, Costa, Curry, D. Evans, Josephs, Michlovic, Pistella, Robinson, Roebuck, Rooney, Solobay, Thomas, Washington, C. William and Youngblood.

Mandate the reporting of stolen firearms within 72 hours.

HB-736 By Frankel, Bishop, Costa, Curry, Michlovic, Pistells, Robinson, Roebuck, Rooney, Thomas and C. Williams.

Providing that no limit shall apply to the liability of a parent who fails to prevent access to a firearm and that that firearm was used to threaten an act of bodily injury.

HB-739 By Frankel, Bishop, Browne, Curry, Josephs, Michlovic, Robinson, Roebuck, Thomas, Washington, C. Williams, Youngeblood and Rooney.

That the preemption against local gun regulation not apply to cities of the first, second, second class A or third class.

HB-741 By Frankel, Bishop, L.I. Cohen, Corrigan, Costa, Josephs, Kenney, Kirkland, Manderino, Michlovic, Pistella, Robinson, Rooney, Solobay, Thomas, C. Williams, Youngblood, Curry and Roebuck.

Prohibition on the straw purchases of firearms.

HB-746 By Frankel, Cawley, L.I. Cohen, Corrigan, Costa, Cruz, Daley, Mann, Michlovic, Pistella, Preston, Robinson, roebuck, Rooney, Thomas, Tigue, Trello, C. Williams, Youngblood and Curry.

Prohibit anyone who has voluntarily enrolled in or who has voluntarily committed to a mental institution for inpatient care and treatment.

HB-347 By Bishop, Washington, Youngblood, C. Williams, Rooney, Preston, Thomas, Frankel, Horsey, Laughlin, M. Cohen, Waters and J. Williams

Provides for registration of ammunitions purchasers. Mandating State Police establish a registry of ammunition purchasers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that didn't take long after that asshole was elected.  When I spent six months up there a couple of years ago, it was like a Southern state insofar as their gun laws.  They issued me a non-res carry license and the state AG office was very nice and gun-friendly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
When were the Bills introduced?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
They are bills that were introduced in the 2001-2002 session. My knowledge on how the General Assembly works is very limited but if the bill did not pass it will have to be reintroduced.  This is old news.

Some of the best info on PA gun law can be found at [url]www.acslpa.org[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top