Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 11:29:24 AM EDT
I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them,
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I like them!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
So, do I detect a sense of disdain for Wells Fargo here?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
[size=6]Obsessed much![/size=6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
At least your not bitter!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Screwed up bunch of jerkoffs!!! My bro passed away. We didn't pay his mortgage. We sent letters to a local office. They misplaced them! We got calls from the litgation office in Baltimore. Talked to them. We got a letter from thhe hardship office in San Bernardino, Kali. You have 10 days to respond. The freaking letter took 7 days to get here. Screw Wells Fargo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
...but they put on such a nice bowl game.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I like their trucks with firing ports. Gonna see if I can get one with a DVD player and leather.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear about your brother, OldTiger.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So are screw ups exclusive to Wells Fargo?

I have had nothing but good service from them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I had great service with them for two years, then last week I opened my own checking account seperate from my joint account and all hell broke loose.  It seems my wife bounced a check over a year ago that never got taken care of.  Wells Fargo froze my new account, closed my joint and new accounts, and declined the only check that had been written on the new account.  I went down in person to make the check good with cash and the teller treated me like a crook.  The bank subtracted enough to cover the former bounced check and will get a cashier's check cut for the rest of my balance ($1100) in 7-10 business days and send it to me by snail mail.  I HAD ABOUT $5000 DOLLARS A MONTH IN THEIR BANK!  I was warned by friends they were crappy but had to learn the hard way.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think he likes Wells-Fargo. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders. Screw Flanders.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is what they did to me.
I went to buy a pack of Reds at Hyvee and my ATM card was declined. I just put money in the bank before the close of the business day on the 4th and the money posted to my account on Monday at 12 midnight. I could not understand why it was declined. Went to bank to find out why. The customer service lady tells me that the card was closed. "Did you request that the card be closed sir?"  (while wearing a shit eating grin on her face, I hate that expression)
"Ah no, If I had requested the card be closed why would I be here? "
I requested to know the reason why it was closed. She told me that she did not know why nor could a reason be given for such an action. There is more but if I told you it will make me made again.
Also get this, this is no crap guys. I swear on my one and only semi good eye which is legaly blind. that the 7 out of the last 12 deposits I made went to the wrong account. What happend to me today was the last straw. My dad was with me and he overheard what was said, and he will be closing his 5 k+ savings account with them. Friends have told me as well to not do business with them, and now I know. Plus the people are rude as heck! I am telling everyone I know about this and they just may close there accounts with them too. I might even give my friends 100 rounds of Q3131, naw on second thought make that 100 rounds plus 50 red tip tracers if they do.
Oh yea, did I mention that I hate Wells Fargo?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The reporter that rides with me in the traffic watch plane had a lady behind the little window at Wells Fargo tell him she had not called him to the window and to get back in line!  When he asked to complain to the manager guess what?  The lady that had snapped at him was the manager!  My reporter is very resourceful and within 24 hours had told the story to the VP of the company and every dept head between him and the branch manager!  SHTF.

I only used my debit card no checks and was amazed that you can bounce transations that are electronically approved.  I swear I have paid an average of $130 a month in "overdraft?!?!" fees made with an electronic card.  I got the card thinking it would not let you make a purchase if the funds were withdrawn electronically ie. instantly.  My wife cannot balance a checkbook.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]
They are the worst.  They have some of the highest fees of anyone.  They take advantage of those who screw up.  Yeah, I know, don't screw up.  Sorry, but people do.  And they are waiting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Banks are thieves and wells fargo is the worst of the bunch. I had an account with them when they bought out my local bank and within six months they had screwed up eleven transactions which resulted in bounced checks. All eleven of the "misplaced" deposits were put in the wrong account (their fault) and they tried like hell to blame me for their screw ups. They claimed it was my fault because I used deposit slips from my bank (the one they bought out) when they told me to use those slips untill they sent me new ones. It took me almost six more months to clear up their mess and get all of the letters from them explaining that it was their fault sent to the businesses and credit agencies to get things set staraight.
It's not just wells fargo......compass, bank one, bank of america, I have dealt with all of them on seperate occasions and the shitty holier than thou bank employee attitude is always on display.
Don't even get me started on the attitudes of the employees at banks or the fucking ridiculous fees they charge you just to USE YOUR OWN MONEY !!!
I'm surprised they don't have a cover charge just to walk into the damn places.
Any place that charges YOU to use YOUR OWN MONEY are crooks.
I moved all my money to my credit union and have had great service, lower rates and best of all....FRIENDLY PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH !!!
I will never again use a bank.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]
We use a credit union. No fees, no BS. We refinanced our house there last year. Credit unions typically don't sell the note, so we no longer get a pile of tax information from 6-7 different mortgage holders per year.

Quoted:
Any place that charges YOU to use YOUR OWN MONEY are crooks.
View Quote

That's saying it all right there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I have my paycheck deposited directly to PayPal then I can blow it all on eBay without having to write out 20 different checks! [;)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree with using the credit unions if you can.
The downside is they are generally [i]privately[/i] insured.
Up until about a month ago, my credit union was still paying 1.25% interest on a savings account where the minimum balance required was only five bucks.  Now it's .90%
At the time, this interest rate was better than some of the other banks' cd interest rates for six months!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh please!  [:K]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Was never so HAPPY as the day I left Wells Fargo.  Joined there to help out my friend who was a teller, and supposed free checking.  Well the free checking died out and their fees for just about anything was exhorbitant.  

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went to get a loan from them.  About eight or nine grand, I forget, for a car.  Now I had almost 13 grand in a liquid savings account with them at the time.  Well, they denied my loan once.  Bitched to a teller at another branch who convinced me to try again.  Well they denied it again.  

When I got the denial I told them to give me all my money.  I was already pretty irate so they didn't have to ask why, I don't think they cared anyhow, and asked if I wanted a check.  I said of course and they said it would be a three dollar fee.  I said f- that, give me the cash because I'm not giving you guys another cent.  And they did.  Now I was at the bank at one end of a mall and was parked at the other end, about a 10 minute walk, which I had to do with all this cash and no gun, thank you very much California.  

My roomate was a member of a credit union, so I went there to open my account.  Asked about the loan and in ten minutes they told me know problem, how much did I want.  For the 20 buck buy in I haven't paid fees on anything else.  They rock and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, Wells Fargo sucks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#24]
In 12 years I have been with Wells Fargo they have messed up... ONCE. And they took care of it too with an apology as well.

One bank teller told me that they always suffer from BBB syndrome (Big Bad Bank). doesnt matter if its Wells or BofA. Depends on NOT ONLY the branch but the person you are dealing with ... and we ALL know by now that "PEOPLE SUCK"

We have a teller in the bank that is a royal pain in the ass here and my wife and I AVOID her like the plague. She is a social retard and NEVER remembers us. Another teller there is so cool, asks me how the wife and kids are and asks the same with my wife...THAT is customer service.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Ugh.  Annoying bunch.

A while back, I had some outstanding checks.  I had to make an emergency expenditure (damn dogs) so I deposited a bunch of money friday night to cover them.  Monday rolls around.  Things are looking good.  
Then Tuesday comes.  

$240 in overdraft fees.  

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seems the charged one for each item, and did all of them before crediting deposits.  One fee for overdrafting wouldn't be enough, of course.  The kicker is that three of the charges were <$20 each.  

Their phone service is nice, their branches are iffy, but their fees are so freakin' exorbiant that I've moved most of my stuff to the local Credit Union.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Wells Fargo is on my shit list right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#27]
My experience is that Wells Fargo is Ok most of the time, but can always be expected to FU or be difficult.  My most recent experience: I go and deposit several hundred dollars in cash and ask for them to verify my balance.  Of course, for my protection(!), they can't do it without proof of identity (and my ATM card isn't enough).

However, as bad as they are, Chase is ten times worse!  FWIW, screw the banks and do business with a credit union.        
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Up until about a month ago, my credit union was still paying 1.25% interest on a savings account where the minimum balance required was only five bucks.  Now it's .90%
At the time, this interest rate was better than some of the other banks' cd interest rates for six months!
View Quote

State Farm currently pays 2.25% on a savings acct.
View Quote

Ok, you've tempted me.[:)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Finances are a game, people.  You just need to know how to play the game.

It's called capitalism.

If you don't like it, then pay cash for everything.  So, you want to buy a house?  you have no credit and no bank account?  Better start saving now.  Go get that shovel and start burying $20s in a box in your yard.

Why get mad?  Figure out how the game works and play it.  

Welcome to America.

[/rant]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finances are a game, people.  You just need to know how to play the game.

It's called capitalism.

If you don't like it, then pay cash for everything.  So, you want to buy a house?  you have no credit and no bank account?  Better start saving now.  Go get that shovel and start burying $20s in a box in your yard.

Why get mad?  Figure out how the game works and play it.  

Welcome to America.

[/rant]
View Quote

You would'nt happen to work for a bank would you ??  
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I've had zero problems with Wells. A few years ago, they accidentally deposited $2500 in my business account and they never found it. The money is still there as a cushion. [:D]

I currently have two personal checking accounts, a money market account, a savings account, an investment account, and a business checking account. I've had no problems except that $2500 that was put into my account by mistake and if they don't find it soon, I'm gonna use it to get a FAL.

Oh, I also have a personal credit card, a business credit card, and a $100,000 business line of credit.

Nine years and still no problems. Guess I'm just lucky.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, stay away from them.  My brother has lots of school loans, some with Wells Fargo and some with others, and Wells Fargo will not work with anyone about consolidation.

When calculating your balance for the day they unethically take all your withdrawals first (largest first) before adding in the days deposits.  This way they can hit you with several overdraft charges simultaneously even if your deposit would have covered it.

There are many alternatives.  Use them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I use a local bank that has five branches. We refinanced our mortgage-called up, set up an appointment, walked, in talked over the details, and signed the papers. In and out in ten minutes. Plus they are FDIC insured. I'll never go back to a big bank, if I can.
View Quote

Same story here and someone always greets me by name. But the kick in the pants came when I went in to get some papers noterized for a CMP match. One said "Here, take this home to Shelbie." A doggy treat. Someone else handed me some more "Oh, you're Shelbie's dad, take these. Only 2 of the tellers know who I was, but all 5 knew the dog.[:D]
I guess I'll stay a while.

Fred
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top