Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 9:50:51 AM EDT
I called and talked to their webmaster about the blatant lie on their Assault Weapons Q&A page with regard to silencers being "illegal".

[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunlaws/awb.asp[/url]

I referred them to the BATF's website and the regulations covering the legal ownership of silencers.

The webmaster didn't know what to say except, "I only do the programming, the content comes from the legislative guys." He agreed that the site was absolutely wrong and should be changed to reflect the truth regarding ownership of automatic weapons, silencers, etc... He was going to talk to the lead legislative guys and give him my telephone number with the links to the ATFs regs.

[:D]

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You truly are a glutton for punishment. All they'll do is put the phrase "should be" in front of "illegal".

Screw 'em. Let 'em whine....
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Shhhhhhhhh!  Let them think that all this stuff is already illegal!  Then they won't try to ban it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Psy-Ops 101. Control the mind of the one in control of the media and you control the media.

The legislative guys are going to have a hard time putting something out that is blatantly wrong when the manager in charge of the website effort is showing THEM where they are promoting misinformation. They will have to fire the guy or he will quit as a disgruntled employee. Then we call back in a while and show the FNG the mistake. The disruption in the office alone is worth the effort.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL!!! Good job!

And they're also off-base on the purpose of a flash suppressor.

"The flash suppressor allows the          shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night..."

"In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire..."
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Psy-Ops 101. Control the mind of the one in control of the media and you control the media.

The legislative guys are going to have a hard time putting something out that is blatantly wrong when the manager in charge of the website effort is showing THEM where they are promoting misinformation. They will have to fire the guy or he will quit as a disgruntled employee. Then we call back in a while and show the FNG the mistake. The disruption in the office alone is worth the effort.

View Quote

Hmmmm. Interesting point. VERY interesting......

I stand corrected, and admire your efforts!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
How many lies can you find here:

What is the difference between semi-automatic hunting rifles and semi-automatic assault weapons?

Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire. Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

Opponents of the ban argue that such weapons only "look scary." However, because they were designed for military purposes, assault weapons are equipped with combat hardware, such as silencers, folding stocks and bayonets, which are not found on sporting guns. Assault weapons are also designed for rapid-fire and many come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing 50 more bullets to be fired without reloading. So there is a good reason why these features on high-powered weapons should frighten the public.

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat features:

A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.
A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat.
A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.
A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm.
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon.
A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...Opponents of the ban argue that such weapons only "look scary."...
View Quote

It's much easier to enumerate the sole truthful statement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is the difference between semi-automatic hunting rifles and semi-automatic assault weapons?

Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire. Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.

Opponents of the ban argue that such weapons only "look scary." However, because they were designed for military purposes, assault weapons are equipped with combat hardware, such as silencers, folding stocks and bayonets, which are not found on sporting guns. Assault weapons are also designed for rapid-fire and many come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing 50 more bullets to be fired without reloading. So there is a good reason why these features on high-powered weapons should frighten the public.

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat features:

A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.
A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat.
A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.
A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm.
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon.
A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View Quote

What the f--k is this "sporting purposes" they keep talking about???
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
"Semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the                                                                     hip and are designed to maximize death and injury from a very rapid rate of fire."

do you guys have the "death maximizer" switch on your rifle?

these guns go to 11.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sporting rifles and assault weapons are two distinct classes of firearms. While semi-automatic hunting rifles are designed to be fired from the shoulder and depend upon the accuracy of a precisely aimed projectile, semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to maximize lethal effects through a rapid rate of fire. [blue]Assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the hip, and because of their design, a shooter can maintain control of the weapon even while firing many rounds in rapid succession.[/blue]
View Quote

Yeah, I'd like to see the military doctrine for "spray-firing from the hip" with an AR-15.  How ludicrous.  [rolleyes]

The scary thing is that the average sheeple flocking to the site buy into this garbage as gospel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Semi-automatic assault weapons are designed to be spray-fired from the                                                                     hip and are designed to maximize death and injury from a very rapid rate of fire."

[red]these guns go to 11.[/red]

View Quote

That's funny shit!  I love Spinal Tap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean there's something inaccurate in that statement? [%|]

View Quote
Though I'm almost asking to be flamed, what useful purpose do you guys see of having a bayonet mount on your AR? Other than that it is an easy identifier for pre-bans...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's funny shit!  I love Spinal Tap.
View Quote

i was hoping someone would catch that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#18]
They did say "magazine" instead of "clip" though!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

these guns go to 11.
View Quote

I don't have a death maximiser switch on any of my guns, but I am going to pay extra for the option on my next purchase before the Brady Bunch BANS THEM!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Though I'm almost asking to be flamed, what useful purpose do you guys see of having a bayonet mount on your AR? Other than that it is an easy identifier for pre-bans...
View Quote

So I can butcher my meat after shooting it, just prior to cooking it with my under-barrel mounted flamethrower.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#21]
The Brady Campaign can blow me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#22]
"A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating."

bwahahahaha! a bbl. with shroud retains more heat than an unshrouded bbl.! silly morons!

"It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire. "

uh, you better not show them the evil "handguards" or "stock forearm"...that also prevent "serious burns, during rapid fire".

how stupid can this team of morons be? do they pool ther stupidity?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I may need more blood pressure medication when I see their stupidity. Ignorance is a disease these clowns pass back and forth between themselves, kinda like a STD.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about the U.S. Constitution does [b]NOT[/b] enumerate "sporting purposes". It enumerates God-given rights.

A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting firearms. It is about the firearms a citizens' militia needs to provide for the common defense and self-protection. Ask any Marine who survived the frozen Chosin if a bayonet serves a useful self-defense purpose.....

Scott

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I called and talked to their webmaster about the blatant lie on their Assault Weapons Q&A page with regard to silencers being "illegal".

[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunlaws/awb.asp[/url]

I referred them to the BATF's website and the regulations covering the legal ownership of silencers.

The webmaster didn't know what to say except, "I only do the programming, the content comes from the legislative guys." He agreed that the site was absolutely wrong and should be changed to reflect the truth regarding ownership of automatic weapons, silencers, etc... He was going to talk to the lead legislative guys and give him my telephone number with the links to the ATFs regs.

View Quote

Yeah..Right!....Expect a raid at 3 am in the morning..
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Well... since I live in a massive, stone castle with a 70 foot tower, they are welcome to come calling. Short of a F-16 flyover, there's little chance of them getting to me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]
"A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire [red]and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed[/red]."

I assume the point of this twisted logic is that it enables the shooter to wield TWO AW's at once... one under each arm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It COULD be used as a base for a quick-release flashlight mount.  A sport involving bayonets mounted on AR-15s COULD be contrived.

But that is irrelevant.  Wanting a bayonet mount on one's rifle is sufficient justification for having one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Are y'all reading this crap?

How stupid can these people get?

I'm gonna go cradle my Bushmaster now...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate to pee on your campfire, but Brady already KNOWS that most of their bullshit is all lies.  It's deliberate.  They want YOU to go anti-gun no matter what.   If thye have to lie to do it,  they'll lie to do it.

This has NOTHING to do with the truth and EVERYTHING to do with trying to get all guns banned eventually even though it makes no sense to try to do so.

Sense has never been the long suit of the Brady boneheads or other anti's.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps this disgruntled employee will have a hard time finding the problem the next time the server goes down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So I can butcher my meat after shooting it, just prior to cooking it with my under-barrel mounted flamethrower.
View Quote
True, I forgot about that. Is the flame thrower pre- or post-ban?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The purpose that a bayonet mount serves is to hold one of my many bayonets.  Did you see the footage of Marines practicing clearing sand trenches the other day?  Each and every single one of them had a bayonet mounted to his rifle.  

This is no flame to you, but the standard answer here should be [red]BECAUSE I FUCKING CAN![/red]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Second Amendment is not about hunting firearms. It is about the firearms a citizens' militia needs to provide for the common defense and self-protection. Ask any Marine who survived the frozen Chosin if a bayonet serves a useful self-defense purpose.....
View Quote
That wasn't my question? Unless you are a Marine who intend to revisit Chosin. I mean for us civilians?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Well... for us 'civilians' the bayonet provides us with an in-close quarters means of hand-to-hand combat with a blade weapon to finish off the rogue politicians after we line them up in the field and blow their liberal heads off. Hypothetically of course.

Isn't that the way the Continental Congress intended it to be when they said, "right to keep and bear arms," and not, "right to keep and bear arms suitable for sporting purposes"?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I called and talked to their webmaster
View Quote

Why the webmaster, those computer people don't know squat about guns! [peep]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I may need more blood pressure medication when I see their stupidity. Ignorance is a disease these clowns pass back and forth between themselves, kinda like a STD.
View Quote

I second that. I feel like I am gonna pop when I read this kind of stuff. Hopefully by the time I have to worry about taking medication for it, there won't be any sheeple like that. [}:D]

Oh yeah, I wonder why the military doesn't teach to spray from the hip since they are who they were designed for???
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Why not take this to the press?  There are quite a few places that would run with it, on and off-line.

Washington Post, Worldnewsdaily, drudge, rush, etc.

Get the word out.  I am even willing to bet that if the word does get out, they will have to do some work on the site after it gets hacked, like what happened to the Violence Prevention Center's site when some hackers learned about the outright lies on their page.

So, let's take it one point at a time and pull together a cohesive argument with quotes and links to back it up and send it everywhere.  They lie about us, the best thing is to do our damndest to get this info out there, especially with an important election cycle coming up.  

Edited to say---appears they watch John Woo films and take them for documentaries on the "gun culture".
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Actually a bayonet deters someone from grabbing your rifle in a CQB situation.  [:)]

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why not take this to the press?  There are quite a few places that would run with it, on and off-line.

Washington Post, Worldnewsdaily, drudge, rush, etc.

Get the word out.  I am even willing to bet that if the word does get out, they will have to do some work on the site after it gets hacked, like what happened to the Violence Prevention Center's site when some hackers learned about the outright lies on their page.

So, let's take it one point at a time and pull together a cohesive argument with quotes and links to back it up and send it everywhere.  They lie about us, the best thing is to do our damndest to get this info out there, especially with an important election cycle coming up.  

Edited to say---appears they watch John Woo films and take them for documentaries on the "gun culture".
View Quote

NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!

Damn good idea!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How about the U.S. Constitution does [b]NOT[/b] enumerate "sporting purposes". It enumerates God-given rights.

A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Scott

View Quote

Precisely, Scott.

Also, how many drive-by bayonetings have you ever heard of? None? Then please explain how banning bayonet mounts fights crime?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Actually a bayonet deters someone from grabbing your rifle in a CQB situation.  [:)]

View Quote

Yeah, and so does a really, REALLY hot barrel!

Both are on the list of things you'll only do ONCE.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Then please explain how banning bayonet mounts fights crime?
View Quote

It Does NOT Fight crime.
It Is not [b]About crime, but a PRETEXT[/b] for A Point-system Confiscation.

Slowly Boiling Frog Soup.

FYI:
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci master plan PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation.
[size=1]
10 Banning all military style firearms
    The Pending National ban on all Assault Weapons, [b]based on a point
    system can be expanded to eventually cover any firearm with a
    remotely military appearance.[/b]  We feel that this aggressive
    appearance appeals to the type of dangerous individuals who are a
    definite threat to public safety.

Ultimately such action would take the glamour
and attraction out of firearms ownership and decrease the numbers of gun
owners in the U.S. [b]_to a manageable number._[/b]

IV.[b] _Reduction of Gun Owner Population[/b] and Potential Yearly Revenue_[/size=1]

It is Not About [b]You,[/b] But
Your Children's Cold, Dead Hands, Will BE Empty with an Implanted Micro-chip.
^^^
[size=1]^   Million Gun Freedom March on Washington July 4th, 2003. A well-regulated militia being necessary...
[url]www.Cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY BAN Human Power Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget --  Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind -- We Are At War[/size=1]

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I emailed OReily. Everyone else should alos. If they think enough people care about this they will pick it up and run with it.

R35
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Does anybody know any Hackers for hire or Mercenary Hackers. Maybe we can start up a Collection for them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've never hunted boar, have you? It helps to have a back-up gun or two and a bayonet. Those things are tough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top