Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 7:40:29 AM EDT
too weird;

ok, a little background. i get my lid chopped (hair cut) at this fancy-pants posh place only because it right down the street from me (convinient). a simple cut for me, so i get a good deal. my original cutter was this super hot chick. welp she moved so i had to start getting my cuts from 'mr. pretty boy' rich porsche man that just moved in from NYC.

he's fairly cool. after a few months, he's starts asking ?'s about guns for home protection, but knows nothing about them and has never fired one in his life (he's 34 or so). so i offered my assistance & told him i'd let him see my handguns.

after spending about an hour or so showin him stuff, he seems quite keen on the kimber 45 compact. he went out & bought it the next day (must be nice right?).

he asked if i'd teach him to shoot & show him what's up. so we go to the range. i spend some time showing him the ropes. then we go into the range. every time a gun went off in the other lanes, he'd jump & wince like a beeootch. it was quite comical actually.

anyway, i get him set up & good to go. i keep an eye on him for a bit to make sure things are cool & then i jump in the next lane. i'm watching his target & notice that with in 10 mins mr. hair man is kicking some serious ass!!?? & this is with a compact too!! i mean really! it was scary! WTF?!?!

i'm wondering if his profession, him cutting hair & using the small muscles in his hands & wrist allowed him to acquire some kick ass muscle recognition?

if he shoots a little more he'll be on hell of a shot. and will easily keep up with me no less (i'm qualified 'expert' for PPC). i'm tellin ya, this cat can shoot. and could tell this dude never shot before.

very weird.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Never judge a book by its cover.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Pink pistol members are everywhere... [:)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
So... when's your second date? [:D][:D][;)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like it was a date. He even bought a gun so you two could go shooting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So... when's your second date? [:D][:D][;)]
View Quote

Damn, you beat me to it! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Womenz are often really good shooters from the get go.  I heard it has something to do with not feeling like they have anything to prove like most guys do.  Sounds like your little friend may be even more feminine than he thought![naughty]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
hehe

never takes long here...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#9]
oh yea, forgot to mention:

yea, i thought he was rim surfer myself, however i was introduced to his wife a couple weeks ago. 6ft tall knockout NYC model babe. go figure...

hell, i need to become a hair dresser: fancy car, hot wife, lots of $, & super shooting powers.

too weird..
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#10]
What did I say about not judging a book by its cover?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never judge a book by its cover.  
View Quote

Exactly.

In high school I bussed tables in a hotel restaurant and the Maitre'd was the biggest flamer you have ever seen.  We used to make fun of him so bad and it was all a big joke.  

I found out later that this guy was a Scout Dog handler in Viet Nam.  After speaking to some vets and reading some of the s**t those guys got into in the jungle (Going into a combat zone with a .45 in one hand and dog leash in the other), I never made fun of him EVER again.  He may have been "light in his lofers" but had nerves of steel and deserved respect.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Dude, your in for a THREESOME!

Too bad there's only gonna be one girl.[V]

IF YOUR LUCKY!

Seriously, those with feminine tendancies (ie: women) usually tend to be better shots in the beginning. Look at it this way, if you dont know what you are doing (first time at range)you will LISTEN very closely and try to do exactly as told.

Men? We don't listen to ourselves enough!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top