Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 7:04:10 AM EDT
[b]Thatch Cay - US Virgin Islands[/b]

[img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_66d70a84fb8681b1424270a86b7d482f/i-6_B.JPG[/img]

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15841&item=2904105035[/url]
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15841&item=2902258390[/url]
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15841&item=2904103704[/url]

Thatch Cay US Virgin Island (Approx. 230 Acres Total) Parcel # 2 /57 acres +/-
Offering Caribbean Dreams, Turquoise Waters, Elevated-Panoramic Views, Sandy Beach and Crystal-Clear Diving with Caves & Live Reefs!

This Tropical Paradise is now being offered for the first time at auction, after years of probate. First American Title will aid in delivering Fee Simple Title.

The bidding will begin for pre-registered/approved buyers on Monday, January 6th at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST and ends on Thursday, January 16th at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST, 2003.

The estimated value for the entire island is approx. $22-$25 MM. Bid on Parcel # 1, approx. 57 acres +/-, Parcel # 2, approx. 57 acres +/- or Parcel # 3 at 115.8 acres +/-. Bid your price on any of the parcels or all 3 parcels for entire island ownership. (3 Offerings/Parcels) See Parcel # 1 & Parcel # 3.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Right idea, but Greater St. James Island is right next door on the leeward side, (less windy) AND it comes with an office and ferry space parking on St. Thomas in addition a 3000 sq. ft. house with out buildings. All can be yours for $17 Million! I've been on this island and it is really pretty much turn key. There are great beaches, a big boat dock and most of the infrastructure needed. Alan Alda of MASH fame owns the neighboring island but is rarely there. There is even room for a long range rifle range with a large ridge/hill for a backstop.

Yep, been lookin' for my retirement home. Me and the Mrs. should be in St. Thomas in 3 years. Check out my new state on my profile!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Can I be Tattoo?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
There's an island in the south pacific owned by forbes. Bigger, but farther away. Only $10 million.

Don't anybody think about buying it until I  have the money!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I just sent them a message asking if they take PayPal.

We might not be able to create our own country, but maybe our own state? Then everyone could be a member of the state police and be required to keep machineguns and fire them on a regular basis. Since we would be the government, we get cheap machineguns too! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd donate a few sets of Lasergrips to the cause.

I'll want sponsorship rights to the brothel though...

-Z
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Do they accept Paypal?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We might not be able to create our own country, but maybe our own state? Then everyone could be a member of the state police and be required to keep machineguns and fire them on a regular basis. Since we would be the government, we get cheap machineguns too! [:D]
View Quote

This is a real good idea Ponyboy.

BTW, I seriously think we would be better off buying 2,500 acres in the middle of nowhere, incorporating it as a town, and that way we'd still have our own police force (gov't. agency) that would allow us to purchase what we want.

I think we could buy 2,000-3,000 acres [b]much[/b] cheaper in some remote area than a 220 acre island.

We should seriously look into this idea. Think of the possibilities:

2,500 acres:

Each family has 5 acres for a house
100 families equals 500 acres for residential

25 acres for municipal

That leaves 1,975 acres for recreation
475 acres for atv/dirtbike park
200 acres for shooting ranges and gun club (pistol, 100yd, 300yd, 600yd, and 1,000yd)
1,300 acres for hunting!

Total acres= 2,500!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a real good idea Ponyboy.

BTW, I seriously think we would be better off buying 2,500 acres in the middle of nowhere, incorporating it as a town, and that way we'd still have our own police force (gov't. agency) that would allow us to purchase what we want.

I think we could buy 2,000-3,000 acres [b]much[/b] cheaper in some remote area than a 220 acre island.

We should seriously look into this idea. Think of the possibilities:

2,500 acres:

Each family has 5 acres for a house
100 families equals 500 acres for residential

25 acres for municipal

That leaves 1,975 acres for recreation
475 acres for atv/dirtbike park
200 acres for shooting ranges and gun club (pistol, 100yd, 300yd, 600yd, and 1,000yd)
1,300 acres for hunting!

Total acres= 2,500!
View Quote

Hey Wobblin,

I'll wager that your idea of buying more land in the middle of nowhere would evaporate like water in this middle of nowhere oasis if you were able to spend just a few minutes on a talcum pwder fine white sand beach with abslutely clear warm water gently breaking on to a beach occupied by topless hotties sitting in the shade of several tall palm trees.

Serious paradise there, really nice. Imagine shoting until your trigger finger is sore, then sipping a rum punch while sitting on your private beach, waving to the tourists cruising by while dipping your toes in the famous Caribbean water.UMMMMMM
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#12]
How's the crime rate in that area? No doubt it will go away if ARFCOMmers bought it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
An Island wouldn't cut it, nor would 3,000 acers.
If all the members moved to the island, th only thing you could shoot at would be the water, and 3,000 acerswould  presents the same problem.
How many members are there at ar15.com??
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#16]
No way am I in.  I've read [i]Lord of the Flies[/i].  I know what'll happen.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I think you'd still be under the laws of the VI which, and I may be mistaken, prohibit firearms of all kinds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I promise I won't smash you with a big rock, Piggy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I still think buy 1/5 of Texas, secede (legal according to the papers signed when Tx joined the Union), and have more land for less cost.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think you'd still be under the laws of the VI which, and I may be mistaken, prohibit firearms of all kinds.
View Quote

And how many legions do the Virgin Islands have?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I promise I won't smash you with a big rock, Piggy.
View Quote

Okay.  I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I still think buy 1/5 of Texas, secede (legal according to the papers signed when Tx joined the Union), and have more land for less cost.
View Quote

In order to buy 1/5th of Texas you'd need to come up with enough money to buy 53,467 square miles of real estate. I don't think there is that much money in the United States.

We have a much better shot at the island.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#24]
You know, if it was our own country, full-auto would just be the beginning. Imagine being able to own any kind of weapon. Like artillery, armored battle tanks, fighter aircraft...

Not that I have enough money to buy part of an island or anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Funtasy Island
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay, so we don't buy a 1/5. We can still buy more than the island. 30k members here. 22k in Glocktalk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Probably only 10% or less of all the members would sign onto a gig like this. Let's say 1,000 families wanted in.

3 acres per family equals 3,000 acres. Add in 2,000 for all the other stuff and you've got your own 5,000 acre town called Stonerville or whatever...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#28]
You're probably wondering why I keep saying TX. After the Mex-American War, TX joined the Union. The agreement reads in part "can form into 5 states", and "can legally secede if desired". The only state that can.
BTW, the U.S. administers to part of the VI. The laws we are now under would be in effect there, or worse.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You're probably wondering why I keep saying TX. After the Mex-American War, TX joined the Union. The agreement reads in part "can form into 5 states", and "can legally secede if desired". The only state that can.
View Quote

Believe me, everybody from Texas knows this [:D]

BTW, the U.S. administers to part of the VI. The laws we are now under would be in effect there, or worse.
View Quote

Yeah, but we'd make our own state. Since I thought of it, I would be the governor. Everyone could join the National Guard and I would call everyone up all of the time. We could spend all of our time shooting machineguns, blowing shit up and stuff like that, and get paid for it through federal grants or something. I would also be the sheriff and we could have posses that ride around the island on horseback enforcing the topless only beach policy.

I can probably think up some other fun stuff to do to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Believe me, everybody from Texas knows this [:D]

View Quote

Yeah, but we'd make our own state. Since I thought of it, I would be the governor. Everyone could join the National Guard and I would call everyone up all of the time. We could spend all of our time shooting machineguns, blowing shit up and stuff like that, and get paid for it through federal grants or something. I would also be the sheriff and we could have posses that ride around the island on horseback enforcing the topless only beach policy.

I can probably think up some other fun stuff to do to.
View Quote

LMAO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top