Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2003 6:54:35 AM EDT
I dont mean things like WWIII.. I mean common every day things that get to you..

I'll start ..
each and every stop sign/speedlimit sign that I get near < as in turning by or slowing down next too > I can imagine me losing controll of the vehicle and having the sign come thru the windshield ..

it aint pretty ..
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
People that drive carelessly(talking on the phone, yelling at the kids, not paying attention) particularly when I am riding my motorcycle.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
God, and grizzly bears make me nervous.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Nuclear war...and carnies. Circus folk. Small hands, smell like cabbage.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm scared of no beer in the fridge and no bud in the box. Stinky diapers are quite frightful as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Giant Squid. It's not so much of an everyday problem as a problem when I'm diving.  I'm always worried that a giant squid is lurking somewhere, ready to grab me with those creepty tentacles and eat me alive.

Everyday thing - bad drivers!  It would just suck to live a smart life, keep healthy, be careful and safe - and then be killed instantly some day by some asshole who's talking on the phone, doing their makeup or even worse, drunk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
[replacements]SPIDERS COACH[/replacements]
No shit......I hate spiders with a passion, and they scare me. God should not have created spiders.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of a great quote...

Jeff Cooper was interviewed years ago on a TV show.  At the conclusion, the interviewer said, "Mr. Cooper, I notice that you are always carrying your .45 ACP pistol.  What are you afraid of?"  

Jeff: "Not a damn thing."

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
That thing that lives under my bed that only comes out at night when I have been drinking too much.  I never seem to get a good look at it but it scares the hell out of me none the less!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Running out of ammo
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everyday thing - bad drivers!  It would just suck to live a smart life, keep healthy, be careful and safe - and then be killed instantly some day by some asshole who's talking on the phone, doing their makeup or even worse, drunk.
View Quote

Yeah... Some chick doing her makeup, went through a red light doing 60 (in a 45) and into my driver side door... a few weeks later I was out of the hospital, and in a bed for 2 months. Then I had to learn how to walk again with little to no feeling in my left hip.....

That being said, there isn't much Im scared of on a daily basis...
Jonathan
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I know this is weird. When I have to wait for the transaction to be O.K.d at a Dept. store, or anywhere I use my debit card or credit cards...
It's the fear of being refused or denied the purchase,or being labled a credit risk in front of strangers.

...And my wife,when she's been awakened too early.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#14]
midgets
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#15]
The only thing...

needles  [puke]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#18]
unplanned pregnancy
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I have overcome my biggest phobias.  Spiders were one.  I hated them and was terrified to have one near me but now I find them interesting.  As a matter of fact I let them live in the apt when I find them, and I find many.  It has made a huge impact in the number of other insects that tried to invade when the weather started cooling.  They're like my own personal exterminators.  We had one that lived under the ledge of the bathroom sink all through the summer and fall.  I have no idea what kind it was but it and several others placed themselves strategically around the place.

Still don't like centipedes much but can tolerate them and don't get startled by them.

Not afraid of bieng in the water, ocean or other ,although I have never scuba dived so I haven't experienced that.

Snakes don't bother me a bit.  Was bitten a few years back by a black snake that I caught and was terrorizing my wife(then GF) with.  Bastard loosened his head and turned and bit my hand.  Ouch!

Was afraid of heights but bowhunting cured that.

My biggest fear, and it is one I live with everyday, is that I fail as a parent.  I find myself thinking of my daughter in almost every decision that I make.  I hope I raise her to be responsible enough to make the right choices as she grows up.  It is so hard.  You see all these teenagers on drugs and such and I am realistic enough to know that she will be faced with drugs, sex, violence, etc, and most likely before she's 16 years old.  Hopefully I can steer her right.  I'm lucky now.  Her biggest concern is her new Barbie and the Power Puff Girls!  

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Not much.

HOWEVER...

I am actually scared of getting too close to Lake Superior, up on the North Shore where the water is really black and cold. My mom said I fell-in up there when we were camping once and I was about 4 years old...That would explain it!

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Hmmm, I'd say overtaking when I can't see a good long open space in the opposite lane to use. If I'm paranoid about anything, it's the idea of a headon collision while overtaking.

That and sock puppets. They're evil I say, eeeeeeevil!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#22]
clowns
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Austin Powers: There are only two things in this world that scares me and one is nuclear war.
Basil: What's the other?
Austin Powers: Huh?
Basil: What's the other thing that scares you?
Austin Powers: Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Seriously, I've had a few shaves with death and that has allowed me to overcome most fears I had.  I guess you could say I have a fear of how I would actually fare should I experience a home invasion, but the chances of that happening are astronomically slim.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Losing my Wife. I can face anything else in the world, as long as she is by my side.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Kaiser Sose.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Seriously, I'd have to agree with tommytrauma.  The only thing that really scares me is loosing my family.
Sleepy717
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Sudden decelerations are pretty scary. Many of these are caused by poor driving.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#29]
DemocRATS!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3866[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3867[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#31]
clowns[:o)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#32]
My Wife.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Suffocation, buried alive or drowning
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Small children coming up to me and saying DADDY!

Nyahahahah

S-I
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#35]
People who don't own guns.

McDonalds.

Women with TV shows.

Marriage.

The fall of the Empire.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Suffocation,
View Quote

Yup thats another one..
Ever  choke on something while eating? seems like the secs turn into hours...
thats number 2 for me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#37]
In order (least to most):

Spiders.  Not really scared of them, more of an aversion.  Esp the big hairy ones.

I have claustrophobia.  BAD.  I am terrified of being enclosed in a tight confine.  Even worse when the race car I was operating just fine a moment ago is now on its roof.  I have great video of the profanity!

Dogs.  I am frightened of strange (unk to me) dogs.  So much so, I CCW when putting my trash in the shared dumpster on my road.  My g/f thinks I'm nuts. "Who's going to mug you for the trash and recyclables?"  "No one - what if a dog attacks me?"  And no, I have never been attacked by a dog.

Losing any member of my family.  My brother is a cop who works night shift.  Every now and then, the phone rings late at night.  I can hardly breathe.  I got one of those phone calls when he was working day shift.  He was in an MVA and was in the ER for observation.  The call from his Sgt scared the crap out of me.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I am always worried about Black Widows. After seeing a bunch around my house I am always worried I might put my shoes on and there is on in my shoe that bites me!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Women that are into fisting.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#40]
The question for me is "what don't you worry about?"  Lord, I worry about everything - even sh!t that I know is unrealistic and not based on reality.  Not too scared, per se, of anything that anyone else isn't scared of too - like sharks when I'm swimming, drowning, etc. etc..  I just worry all the time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm afraid I'll be too old to take an active roll in the Second American Revolution.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Spiders. I hate the hairy little eight legged bastard spawn of Satan with all my being.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]
needles, cant stand them.    And crowds, i cant take the mall before christmas.    Not so much fear, but extreem discomfort for both of these.

Also, crashing.  not so much that it keeps me from driving, flying or MC riding.  just enough to keep me vigilant.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suffocation,
View Quote

Yup thats another one..
Ever  choke on something while eating? seems like the secs turn into hours...
thats number 2 for me.
View Quote

Oh... suffocating... I really dread that... had a brush with it recently, too

I was going to take a swig of NyQuil before I went to bed, and while I was swallowing, I don't know what I did, but I ended up inhaling a little of it!  My eyes watered up, my face went red, I started caughing, and couldn't inhale!!  I just made this aweful wheezing sound.  I started to get light headed and then I could FINALLY inhale enough to get a few good coughs out.   The BAD thing is, I live alone, and that happened while I was alone!  I could have suffocated and noone would have known!

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Spiders. Now, I am not arachniphobic. I just HATE spiders. I think its because of those eight hairy legs. I dont have any trouble killing them though! [pound]
View Quote

Hell no!  Anything that kills and eats mosquitoes and other such pests, is a friend of mine!

As for me, I am afraid of failure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#47]
There's lots of turtles in our lake.  I'm afraid of swimming at night!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Snails.  Don't know why.  Makes me nervous to be near them.  I tried to overcome my fear by picking  one up, but they still give me the hibby jibby.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Fear of heights.

It's not the fall that bothers me.

It's the sudden stop that scares me shitless.

MM419
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top