Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 3:36:32 AM EDT
The icon for my internet provider, ATT WorldNet, disappeared from my screen yesterday, so the only way I get get to it is by going to the programs list on my startup menu.  Does anyone have any idea how I can restore the icon?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Pull up the ATT icon from the start bar. Then right click it, select "send to" and then "desktop".
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]shamayim[/b],

You might also want to check your recycle bin, it may have been deleted.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Raven,

Didn't have the icon on the start list, but went to the ATT listing on the "Programs" menu, found an entry for changes, and did the Right Click thing.  Worked just fine [:D].  Right clicking was the key.  One of these days I'm going to figure out just what to do with that right key.  Thanks for the tip.

Byte, appreciate the response, but I'd already checked recycle. Interestingly, the new icon label has a (2) after it, so (1) is probably still somwhere in the system.

Lord, I wish I was as good w/computer mechanics as I am w/guns.  Of course, I've been fooling w/guns for nearly 50 years, and computers for 5; so maybe in another 45 years I will know more about computers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]shamayim[/b], WARNING - this will move(NOT remove) all your Desktop icons. Right click on your Desktop(in a blank area) and choose Arrange Icons, then choose by Name. Your original ATT icon may just be covered up, this will line them all up again, uncovering any that may be covered. If you do have 2 icons after doing this, simply delete the (2) one.
Happy to help if I can. I have been working on computers for quite some time now.[:)]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top