BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2014 3:40:30 PM EDT
Presentation matters.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do youtube videos stop every freakin' time and just sit there buffering?  I'm gettin' pissed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You'll never graduate Dupe Police Academy if you improperly call dupes.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haha you called dupe on me, then someone sites my dupe as a dupe for you
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Presentation matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGslzXxDhEU
View Quote
Quoted for the iPad doomed...

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Jerry is right on the money
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like he knows anything about shooting handguns
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed this video, thanks for posting
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Give a shit about how he thinks I should carry.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
presentation does matter.  and carrying a rifle slung over the back can be done tactfully.  no one has actually ever answered my question of: have these people actually hurt anyone...  tends to make heads explode when i ask that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]
J.M. is the man.

I was recently mocked by some of the Open Carry evangelists for making his EXACT point about keeping your fucking mitts off your gun when you're open carrying, and indicating my view that it really changes things to everyone in your presence.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome!!!!!

Well-presented!

Particularly liked the discussion regarding posturing in public!

Thanks Jerry.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
We need to make JM the face of gun owners.  He's our best example!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Good vid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why do youtube videos stop every freakin' time and just sit there buffering?  I'm gettin' pissed.
View Quote

Been that way all day, for me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
WHAT, you mean carrying an AR at 'low-ready' is "posturing?' The DUECE you say Jerry.....

As always, Jerry is the man. Great video sir, (if you're lurking.)
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Some people choose to open carry, some don't. It amazes me why anyone would care how/what someone else does.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I think open carry done respectfully can be helpful. JM is a good example of that, even if he doesnt recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think open carry done respectfully can be helpful. JM is a good example of that, even if he doesnt recommend it.
View Quote

Completely agree.

JM clearly demonstrates how the OCT types are just doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Completely agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

I support the 2nd Amendment as long as you do it the way JM and I say............................................right.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]
OCing respectfully is for sukas!

Anyone want to get together and do an OC presence patrol tomorrow? If we get enough people we can set up over watch at the intersections and then establish a PB in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It will be fucking awesome and enlighten the public to our cause!!!

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

OCing respectfully is for sukas!

Anyone want to get together and do an OC presence patrol tomorrow? If we get enough people we can set up over watch at the intersections and then establish a PB in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It will be fucking awesome and enlighten the public to our cause!!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I support the 2nd Amendment as long as you do it the way JM and I say............................................right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

Hey Larry, do you live in the city?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

The old guy is correct when it comes down to it. You are pawing at your firearm in Chipotle, you are making me itchy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The old guy is correct when it comes down to it. You are pawing at your firearm in Chipotle, you are making me itchy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Completely agree.

No shit.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

Relevance?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

Who are you, and he, to even make such statements?

Again, you support the 2nd Amendment, but..................................................................
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Relevance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

Relevance?

I live very rural and carry however I want when in said country or small rural towns. I usually CC when going to a city > 50,000 people. Just curious where you are coming from with your opinion. Are you talking about rural or when riding MARTA?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Was that a Prius and a shoot me vest?

I'm surprised you guys haven't sent him to hell yet!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
J.M. is the man.

I was recently mocked by some of the Open Carry evangelists for making his EXACT point about keeping your fucking mitts off your gun when you're open carrying, and indicating my view that it really changes things to everyone in your presence.

View Quote

This right here.  Could shorten the video to simply the retention, and this fact.  Over the shoulder is one thing, at a low ready is entirely another.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I live very rural and carry however I want when in said country or small rural towns. I usually CC when going to a city > 50,000 people. Just curious where you are coming from with your opinion. Are you talking about rural or when riding MARTA?
View Quote

Yeah, I have open carried in Atlanta and on MARTA.

I have open carried in Decatur, I have OCed in Phoenix and Flagstaff.

So, YOU usually CC etc, good for you but it has no bearing on the way others see fit to do so.

Just more "I support the 2nd Amendment except when people don't carry in a manner I approve of".
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#34]
He drives a Honda Fit and carries a 9mm

Half of GD broke into sobs in the first 39 seconds
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Again, you support the 2nd Amendment, but..................................................................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

Are you Fatty or Snowboots?

ETA - I'm all for OC, but keep your dick beaters off the damn weapon while you're in polite company, unless there's a damn good reason.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

We are the other armed citizens. It isn't illegal to carry your AR at the low ready in Chipotle and nobody (so far) is saying it should be but, you are going to piss a lot of people off and anyone else who is armed there will be on high alert ready to drop you in your tracks. Those are just the facts. If that is how you want to eat your lunch, go for it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He drives a Honda Fit and carries a 9mm

Half of GD broke into sobs in the first 39 seconds
View Quote

I'm just going to assume the Honda Fit is his daughters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#38]
The world will be a much sadder place when he is nolonger in it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So, YOU usually CC etc, good for you but it has no bearing on the way others see fit to do so.

Just more "I support the 2nd Amendment except when people don't carry in a manner I approve of".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care what you do man. I CC in densely populated areas as a courtesy to people who are frightened by guns. My wife also has a small business and we enjoy everyone's business.  
I never like anyone besides close friends and family to know my position on guns, politics or religion. Oh, and of course Arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry, do you open carry a rifle in the sling-ready (front-carry, hands on the forearm and pistol grip, muzzle down -- sometimes called Euro ready), low ready, or high ready position we have seen in some recent Rifle OC threads?

When you open carry a handgun, do you approach strangers with your hand on the butt of your gun in a ready to draw position?

Somehow I doubt it.  

From your posts, I'm not sure you got to the end of JM's video.   Watch the last couple minutes, will ya, and then come on back and see if you're not on the same page as the rest of us.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#41]
At first the video really grated on my nerves but he really brought a good message out.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#42]
FAIL no blading at 45 or mention of adrenalin dumps. But really I see oc everyday here in sodak and no one really cares. But if I see some meth mouth a hole open carrying a high point 40 in a uncle mikes holster I'm gonna keep my eye on him. Its all about presentation. If your gonna oc your going to get a lot less looks with a button down shirt vs some 20 yr old mettalica shirt and a Marlboro red hanging from your lips. And for crying out loud shave your neck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Completely agree.

I support the 2nd Amendment, I just don't support attention whores acting retarded. Is this a problem for you?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because youtube is shit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I support the 2nd Amendment, I just don't support attention whores acting retarded. Is this a problem for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooooohhhhhh, is that a problem for you?

So, you only support the 2nd if people exercise it in a manner acceptable to you?  Always with the caveats.

I don't have the problem, all those in denial are the ones with the problem.

They don't support the 2nd as much as they proclaim.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
J.M. is the man.

View Quote

I completely agree.

Open carry is my default mode. I believe that it reduces the likelihood that my family will become a target of violent crime, and I believe that it's important to be a visible and articulate representative for gun owners.

I spent the day yesterday on the boardwalk at Virginia Beach with my Glock on my hip, and not once did I touch the damned thing. It's just not that difficult.

When you go finger-fucking your weapon in public, you're signaling to people around you that you're uncomfortable. They don't know if that's because you don't normally carry, because you're responding to a situation they don't see, or because you're about to commit a crime yourself. When you're comfortable with yourself and your body language signals comfort and control over your surroundings, most people don't get alarmed in any way.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So, you only support the 2nd if people exercise it in a manner acceptable to you?  Always with the caveats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I support the RKBA unequivocally.

I do not support being an asshole, and I certainly don't support being an asshole with a gun.

Carrying a longarm in public in anything other than an obviously passive way is being an asshole with a gun.

Is it your right to be an asshole? Absolutely. I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure you are legally able to be all the asshole you want to be. I'll still call you an asshole, though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The world will be a much sadder place when he is nolonger in it.
View Quote

Long live the Coonass Ninja.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I do not support being an asshole, and I certainly don't support being an asshole with a gun.

Carrying a longarm in public in anything other than an obviously passive way is being an asshole with a gun.

Is it your right to be an asshole? Absolutely. I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure you are legally able to be all the asshole you want to be. I'll still call you an asshole, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This pretty much sums up my position on the matter as well.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top