Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 9:51:38 PM EDT
OK, let me preface this with how I was telling my 7 year-old Daughter about how the kids with the Japanese cars are eyeballin' the low mileage '92 Bonneville SSE I just got like it's a race about to happen.
I mentioned that their cars are jokingly referred to as 'RICERS'...
Explaining as simply as I could why that was, she said, "you mean like CHINAtown?"

I started to tell her about the high number of Asians that get on my Bus and ask, "...you go - CHINAtown?"
Then I told her that EVERYtown has a CHINAtown.
And, damn if it doesn't!

You go to any city.  It has a Chinatown.
Think about it.
[b]"Billions and Billions..."[/b]  [shock]

"What-a-bargain.  You got penny?  No problem!" [:D]

We'll be going on a field trip soon for some Cultural Diversity Immersion...in a good way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

You go to any city.  It has a Chinatown.
Think about it.
[b]"Billions and Billions..."[/b]  [shock]

View Quote

I don't think Wilkes-Barre, PA has a "Chinatown".

Then again, I'm not sure Wilkes-Barre qualifies as a "city" though. Legally maybe, but not morally. It's not following the spirit of the law.

Where'd my bed go
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Auburn, California has a Chinatown.
They have a good Chinese restaraunt, the Shanghai Restaurant. It's also a bar and it used to be a poker parlor.

[b]"Liquor up front, poker in the rear and good eating on the side"[/b] [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top