Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 11:28:06 AM EDT
I just snuck a section of tenderloin outta the slow-cooker, way too early(meat does not necessarily need to be actually cooked for me to eat and enjoy it!), and damn if it ain't good!  I've got it cooking in a mixture of beer(Pabst, of course), my special marinade, an obscene amount of fresh garlic, onion, and a good dusting of chipolte powder.  Man, I can't wait to dig in some more tonight!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds great!  Do you ever save any for deer jerky?

View Quote

As I am neighbors with Mona and The Beer Slayer, I give "spare" deer to Mona to whip up her jerky, which as some of you have found out, is better than what can be bought.  I've tried to make my own, but it just don't turn out like Mona's!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Deer - giant long-legged rats!  I fucking hate them!

Eat more of them!

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a roast defrosting for tonight.  it's off my whitetail i shot on the edge of a grain field.  This deer was probably the best deer meat i have ever eaten.  i plan to coat it with a mixture of garlic butter and dejon mustard and roast it with carrots, potatoes and oinions.  
if you cook it right deer is better than beef any day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
In my best Samuel L. Jackson voice:

-----nigga please!-----

I wish they would hook ME up.  Where the f%#k are you Beer Slayer?

McBalming
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll tell you a bad ass marinade for deer meat that I got from a friend of mines ex-wife (a phillipino). The quantities of each ingredient are as you like, and are determined by how much meat you have to marinade. It's real simple....

Soy Sauce
Brown Sugar
Vinegar
Chopped onions/garlic
Black/red pepper
Pineapple Juice

I marinaded some shoulder steaks off this doe for a few days and smoked it for a couple two to three hours with lots of smoke and a low heat. Talk about delicioso![:P]Works great on pork, chicken, and beef. Enjoy ya'll!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top